Sign in to follow this  
Reinaldo Santos

Team PMDG MD11 suggestion to create new V2

Hello PMDG team'm just suggesting if you can create a new MD-11 modeled based on the NGX, remodeled textures ... etc. It is a very dear and admired by all aircraft flying it, I would like to have an MD-11 with new improvements and qualities of textures igial to NGX it possible ??? It would cost and benefit the new creation.

• Upvote 1

Reinaldo, may politely I suggest you do a 'Search' on this particular PMDG aircraft. Or to put it bluntly, you will still be dreaming,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ten years from now.

• Upvote 2

Wow.. Yes, the OP is not searching properly, and even though it's no excuse, he does see, to be new here, so way to greet new member being a-holes... Real classy...

• Upvote 1

Wow.. Yes, the OP is not searching properly, and even though it's no excuse, he does see, to be new here, so way to greet new member being a-holes... Real classy...

Being rude to people being accused of being rude really doesn't get anyone anywhere. The initial response was a bit more inflammatory than it needed to be, but the next one wasn't too bad. Rick simply instructed him to have a look back at other discussions, and that he's likely to find disappointment in that search. Holding out hope would mean still be dreaming in 10 years. Old member or new, calling people names is pretty unacceptable - regardless of their behavior.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, Kyle, for that support. I was just trying to save the OP either making further posts, or waiting for an official PMDG response when you guys already have your hands full rolling out the v2, the DC-6, etc, etc but Carlos would not see that, and IIRC, some of his other posts have been equally rude.

Carlos, remember that old saying in case you need a re-fresh...........'Sticks.......bones!!!'.

First I want to congratulate the whole team PMDG the excellent work in addons, the MD-11 was my first contact with the PMDG, and I was amazed by the quality and perfection, my suggestion was based on the upgrade of B747 PMDG, which is also part of my FSX and others as NGX, T7 and JS4100. I do not understand why this revolt by my post .I apologize if I posted in the wrong place, still can not fail to admire the quality of the products of the PMDG and especially the MD-11 I like. I'm sure the best person to answer my question without doubt is one of the support of PMDG, I dispense the other arrogant comments. Remembering that I am addressing the PMDG as CUSTOMER, I'm sure the PMDG did not have the intention to disrespect me nor I to the team too.

First I want to congratulate the whole team PMDG the excellent work in addons, the MD-11 was my first contact with the PMDG, and I was amazed by the quality and perfection, my suggestion was based on the upgrade of B747 PMDG, which is also part of my FSX and others as NGX, T7 and JS4100. I do not understand why this revolt by my post .I apologize if I posted in the wrong place, still can not fail to admire the quality of the products of the PMDG and especially the MD-11 I like. I'm sure the best person to answer my question without doubt is one of the support of PMDG, I dispense the other arrogant comments. Remembering that I am addressing the PMDG as CUSTOMER, I'm sure the PMDG did not have the intention to disrespect me nor I to the team too.

Hi Reinaldo, Welcome to the PMDG forum. Sooner or later, Kyle will ask you to make sure you put your first and last name at the bottom of each post...edit your signature with this info makes life easier.

At the top right, there is a search box where you can check the forum and pretty well everywhere for answers to previous questions. Though, I just tried a search of 'MD11' and came up with 40 pages of information. Maybe my search technique needs improving to reduce this number?....

Because you maybe new to the forum, you might not have realised PMDG have stated they will not be updating or supporting the MD11 any more as it was designed and coded in old technology but more as a learning tool for other aircraft development. Support for the MD11, takes away time for support and development for other aircraft and projects.

Maybe Kyle could think about a sticky in the PMDG General or the MD11 forum advising the future and support for the MD11, which will clarify support for others who may have recently snapped up the last deals for this great aircraft and now joined the ranks of PMDG pilots.

Geoff Bryce

Hi Reinaldo, Welcome to the PMDG forum. Sooner or later, Kyle will ask you to make sure you put your first and last name at the bottom of each post...edit your signature with this info makes life easier.

At the top right, there is a search box where you can check the forum and pretty well everywhere for answers to previous questions. Though, I just tried a search of 'MD11' and came up with 40 pages of information. Maybe my search technique needs improving to reduce this number?....

Because you maybe new to the forum, you might not have realised PMDG have stated they will not be updating or supporting the MD11 any more as it was designed and coded in old technology but more as a learning tool for other aircraft development. Support for the MD11, takes away time for support and development for other aircraft and projects.

Maybe Kyle could think about a sticky in the PMDG General or the MD11 forum advising the future and support for the MD11, which will clarify support for others who may have recently snapped up the last deals for this great aircraft and now joined the ranks of PMDG pilots.

Thank you Geoff Bryce for answering my question simply and directly, but I am new to the forum, thank you for your answer I just wanted to know yes, no or maybe simple stress if resolved can close this topic I now know that the MD -11 will not be refurbished, still remain in the hangar of my FSX PMDG .Parabéns the beautiful work

Reinaldo Silva

These questions will never end. Will they?

Let's hope not.

jime

• Upvote 2

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

It's a shame that no other developers have considered this requirement here?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well maybe when PMDG runs out of aircraft to develop they will take a 2nd look at redoing the MD-11. I know, I have a better shot at winning the Powerball than PMDG reviving the MD-11. But my credit card and I can dream right? :) Now let's see tomorrows numbers were.........

• Upvote 1

Personally I'd love to see an MD-11 for P3D, too. Tri-jets fascinate me...

tomorrows numbers were.........

With that win, you could buy your very own MD-11(envy, envy!)

Let's do some quick math. 2 full time developers at $150k/yr (incl benefits), 1 half time texture artist, 2 dedicated test engineers half time, 2 year development cycle, 1 FTE for marketing and administration, we're looking at about $1mn to $1.25mn in costs to develop a new version of the MD-11.

Current market research, based on the popularity level of this forum, indicates the potential for 200 sales, wow! Of course this includes my purchase. At a suggested retail price of $79.99, PMDG would stand to make about $16,000 from sales of the new MD-11. For a small net loss of a measly $984k.

Any wonder why they won't build it?

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!