Sign in to follow this  
Jessica Bannister-Pearce

New preview shots

Setting everything else aside for a moment... IMHO the choice of sky textures/colors and cloud textures/colors are atrocious. It doesn't look natural or realistic in the slightest, but rather more like an acid trip or something.

• Upvote 4

X-Plane. 

In that case I will completely agree with you.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Nice Video: 

Surprised the aircraft didn't break apart. Exceeded VNE and had quick movements of the flight controls while still past VNO.

• Upvote 1

Surprised the aircraft didn't break apart. Exceeded VNE and had quick movements of the flight controls while still past VNO.

He said that he had it on easy settings which will allow planes in P3D and FSX to exhibit the same invincibility. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

He said that he had it on easy settings which will allow planes in P3D and FSX to exhibit the same invincibility. 

As well as in X-Plane...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I can't understand why the contrast in those screenshots? All trees are sooooo dark, almost black.

Please do not tell me that addon scenery folder will be deleted in final build !!!!!!!!!!!   Shame%20On%20You.gif  Shame%20On%20You.gif

DTG Flight School and DTG Flight Sim (to be released later in the year) are not backwards compatible with any existing FSX/FSX: SE add-ons.

- Martin

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

This is what i expected from a new Flight Sim, instead of a recycled FSX

In terms of graphic of course:

• Upvote 3

I'm not to fond of the fact in this Flight School world people sound like robots. I wonder if there's a technical reason for the synthesized voices of the ATC system.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Stutters, popup, LOD, At least we now know that 64 bit didn't make a hill of beans difference to performance :-)

Heck guys, you sound just like my mother in law... :P

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The clouds don't look real...

Clouds are awful I agree, it seems to me they are 8bits bitmaps badly shaped.

DT needs to completely revamp them just like the wx system that is unable to reproduce even a simple overcast. Lot of work is needed, lot of work, lot of work.

I just hope DT does not demand this to be done by 3rd party otherwise the base product will be just like FSX, just ORBX fashioned.

Guys we have got access to this preview version as well, and we will provide a "First Look" article.

Dovetail have been up front stating it is nowhere near finished nor has it got the final texturing or rendering. You have to see it for what it is, the only thing that interests me at present is the GUi and the command layout, to concentrate on anything else is a waste of hot air.

• Upvote 2