Sign in to follow this  
Jessica Bannister-Pearce

New preview shots

I saw Jordan's video and I hope that DTG does well. I'm now looking forward to the full sim. If they need a beta tester, I'm here to help.

I think probably 90% of the forum would jump on a beta testing opportunity.  :smile:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think probably 90% of the forum would jump on a beta testing opportunity.  :smile:

And that remaining 10% might be those who have been in outside beta tests before (raises hand!), where it can be frustrating when the developer goes ahead with things you think are wrong.  :smile:

Been there, done that. Although I do think it's great if DTG is reading outside forum posts for feedback. I think that's a better reality check than outside beta testers (or YouTube "reviewers" in the modern age), because there is no bias from being invited inside the process.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Members and ex-members have done exactly that in the P3D forum -- I rarely shut down threads.  I used to try to correct the inaccuracy of some of the comments/info by those that have never used P3D or just ignorant - but after a while I realized that was futile and didn't really help those that needed help.   P3D survived the onslaught of mis-information and mis-direction by members and is the current dominant platform that has on-going active development.

But since DTG FS has not been released yet, I'm going to reserve final judgement until I get some time with it and see if it meets my goals/expectations ... it's got some stiff competition with P3D and Xplane, it'll be interesting to see how DTG do and if it can survive the same initial negativity that P3D v2.x got.

Thats funny, I distinctly remember when I posted an OOM that I got in P3D, you cast doubt to my credibility and the legitimacy of my claim without offering an iota of help. You even asked me to post a video of the OOM, and when I did, you disappeared never to be seen again. Something tells me your bias perceives anything contrary to the positive side of P3D, will be viewed as "mis direction and mis-information" http://www.avsim.com/topic/475649-got-my-first-oom-in-p3d-v3/page-5

See you in 5 months, although I am certain I already know what your assessment will be at that time. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

you cast doubt to my credibility and the legitimacy of my claim without offering an iota of help.

Josh, I just read that thread. And while other members there did indeed cast doubt on the credibility of your claim and weren't helpful at all, Rob displayed a neutral, helpful attitude. He even took his time to replicate your situation and made a video of it. 

Best regards, 

Dominik

And that remaining 10% might be those who have been in outside beta tests before (raises hand!), where it can be frustrating when the developer goes ahead with things you think are wrong.  :smile:

Been there, done that. Although I do think it's great if DTG is reading outside forum posts for feedback. I think that's a better reality check than outside beta testers (or YouTube "reviewers" in the modern age), because there is no bias from being invited inside the process.

Yeah, companies get caught in the time constraints of money and their own deadlines, and suddenly whatever it is is out the door, warts and all.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Using this quote as an example here but I recently watched about three or so videos on Youtube from reviewers of the Alpha release of DTG Flight School.  While there is strong curiosity present, I will admit I probably won't purchase BUT am interested to see if the new route DTG is taking will lead to the new flight sim they are putting out.  Anywho, I have to question how some of these people qualified for the Alpha distribution.  I'll site an example, without mentioning names, the person who has a string of DTG FS videos has no clue whatsoever what they are doing.  Ok, so they get an Alpha build of FS, and FS is designed to help people learn flying, but yet most of the videos this person has posted, shows them starting up the sim, and not even showing off the tutorials which are designed to teach you to fly.  Right now, this person is taking requests on where in the world to fly, as if they are disregarding the whole purpose of reviewing FS for it's teaching capabilities.  In my opinion, this person has now business having the Alpha.  It's like giving a teenager a new car and telling them it'll teach you to drive, but they get in, turn the key, step on the gas and go...makes no sense and it's a letdown to those who would like to know more about the product before it's release.

I think others, who actually know how to fly, have present a decent review, going through the menus and explaining the features, but I think some just conned DTG into giving them a copy so they can mess around with it and not be professional enough to provide relevant information.

In hindsight, the reviewer I talked about, is probably a gamer...don't get me started.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

We have to remember that its not all about us though. Its a point that can't be driven home enough. The market for flight-school is intended to be broad, and so the people reviewing it should probably be from an equally broad spectrum of user-types.

In fact, knowing how non-flyers will respond to the product is probably at least as, if not more important than knowing what notoriously unsatisfied simmers think of it.

Its not meant for us. And I suspect even DTG sim will have very strong populist leanings.

Which means gamers welcome as well.

Devons rig

well... I like the recent In Depth look by Jordan King. Things look fine.

One thing I really do like is the coherence of the ground scenery. Its the FSX style that P3D somehow doesn't do as well. Im not sure what it is.

If they are improving clouds and night lighting and flight models then it'll probably be good. Ive already paid for a copy of the FlightSchool but may not download it.

Its a newer version of the old platform and developers will have a chance to do new things (or old things better). Considering what LM has achieved, I suspect (and hope) that the later sim platform could be a really good thing in the long run.

BTW - has anyone seen any tower beacons?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Considering what LM has achieved, I suspect (and hope) that the later sim platform could be a really good thing in the long run.

I wouldn't worry.

Since Bruce Artwick started developement of subLOGIC's Flight Simulator back in '77, every FS, has gotten better.

I think probably 90% of the forum would jump on a beta testing opportunity. 

No pixel will be able to step out of line. It'll be a tough regime.

No pixel will be able to step out of line. It'll be a tough regime.

Lol! Talk about never ending quality control. The sim would never see the light of day until every airport was modeled to ORBX standards and wing flex was on every AI aircraft in the sim if this community had anything to do with it. 

• Upvote 2

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Since Bruce Artwick started developement of subLOGIC's Flight Simulator back in '77, every FS, has gotten better.

....with the exception of the graphics during the jump from FS4 to FS5. I hated those shimmering low res ground textures.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

....with the exception of the graphics during the jump from FS4 to FS5. I hated those shimmering low res ground textures.

When I first started simming with FS98 I thought it was amazing, as the last fligthtsim game I had seen prior to that was FS5.  I was glued to my computer for days with 98.   I was the typical sim noob.  I didn't even know there was a freeware/payware community until about 6 months later.  It was like Christmas every day after that.  I remember going to HMV in Oxford Street to buy my first payware for FS98.  It was 'The Ultimate Classic Collection 98' - in a black box - I died and went to heaven.