Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Enforced FS Break (again) :-(

About 6 weeks on from last opp and had final MRI and CT scans this week, after swelling finally reduced enough.

Doc said, and I quote...  "Looks like we probably managed to remove the whole obnoxious mass this time".

Although he was optimistic last time too, and I really don't like the word "probably", it does sound and feel very promising indeed:-)

I'm a long way from recovERED, still suffering pain that's driving me nuts, and still have some odd motor function issues, but I am recoverING, and would like to thank each and every one of you, for your words, your wishes and your prayers.  They all meant a great deal, and touched my heart.  Seems they ALSO touched my brain it seems;-))))

Still be a month or two at least b4 any simming.  Typing this was hard enough;-)  All in all though, things have gone FAR better than me and my family could EVER have hoped for! :dance:

Thanks again guys n gals!!!!

• Upvote 3

Phil,

So glad to hear such good news from you. You have not been far from many of our thoughts and prayers.

Your planes are fueled and waiting for you to take them to the sky.

Get well.

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

Good news Phil - I look forward to your getting back on the forums more frequently.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

That's great news Phil.  At 71, I've had several friends who have gone through cancer treatments and operations and have recovered fully and I know you can do it too.  I was actually thinking of you earlier today as I had not seen any further updates for some time so I was shocked and pleased to see this topic back up and on top again.  Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery!  My thoughts and prayers are with you for sure!

Best wishes,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Glad to see that you're back Phil.  Part of going through something like this is to be just as stubborn as the disease.  Good on ya!  Speedy recovery from all of us!

Rob

\Robert Hamlich/

Prayers are continuing for your rapid and complete recovery Phil! Chin up and suck the belly in... :dance:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was wondering how you were doing it,s good to hear you are making progress,all the best for a speedy recovery

peter

My best wishes and prayers to you for speedy and full recovery.

your airplanes are in short term storage and waiting for your comeback (don't let them down).

see you kicking tires and simming very soon.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Looking forward to seeing you back in business, Phil  :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Best of luck in your recovery,Phil.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Great news, Phil! Wishing you the best.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Superb news.  Your virtual sky awaits.

Very good Phil,  The best of luck to you. 

Get plenty of rest and Tee :Cuppa:     Tee is a great job