Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

FSDT Memphis-KMEM is out

For those who were waiting it's available from their front page. I'm downloading now.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For those who were waiting it's available from their front page. I'm downloading now.

Wow thanks  :wink:

Wow thanks :wink:

Welcome.

I can finally send my BluePrint version to the recycle bin :-)

• Upvote 2

Does it come to a screeching halt at the airport boundary?

Is this P3D 3.3 ready Guys ?

Yes.... it is already fully compatible. FSDT installers are impressively adaptable to new P3D versions, other developers should take note.

Does it come to a screeching halt at the airport boundary?

Don't know, still downloading. Not sure what you mean actually.

If you meant did they model stuff outside of the airport, then the answer is probably no, as they usually dont. You'll have to rely on the stock stuff outside the boundary or add your own. If that's important to you you'll probably have to skip it, build your own version, or wait for someone else to remake it with the out of bounds stuff added.

Don't know, still downloading. Not sure what you mean actually.

If you meant did they model stuff outside of the airport, then the answer is probably no, as they usually dont. You'll have to rely on the stock stuff outside the boundary or add your own. If that's important to you you'll probably have to skip it, build your own version, or wait for someone else to remake it with the out of bounds stuff added.

Thanks Josh - thats good news as I would assume Flightbeam is also good to go I think

I just bought a boxed version of the PMDG MD-11X a few days ago and have been learning to fly it, looks like I'll have plenty of routes now

I downloaded and installed and it told me that my SODE is old and its going to delete it.. and it deleted and then when I start my P3D V3.2 It quits te sim... 

I notice that it has added the Addon manager to the dll.xml (in my folder where  scenery.cfg is stored) but I have the addonmanager entry in the  dll.xml in the regular folder where  my exe.xml and dll.xml are

Why the heck does it maintain these two files in two different location?

any ideas, who is not conforming to the P3D standards?

APPCRASH! AGAIN

the place where my DLL and EXE usually are.. When I installed the FSDT KMEM, it did not touch these two files.. the date is old.

DLL.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

exe.xml

?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

However...

The DLL.xml in the folder where my scenery.,cfg resides... it now looks like this

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

and the exe.xml

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>P3Dv3</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

I dida system restore...its not helping.. I am getting APPCRASH! Sigh!  When installing FSDT KMEM t took a back up of the exe.xml and dll.xml I put that back in..and it still crashes.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version: 3.2.3.16769
  Application Timestamp: 56df48ce
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: ffb00005
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Guys be careful prior to installing Memphis from FSDT.

Edited to add: The re download of the KMEM fixed the issue. 

Guys be careful prior to installing Memphis from FSDT

I'm having some issues as well.

No need to panic, they'll get it sorted. Getting ready to do a TeamViewer with Umberto.

I think the best thing to do is sit tight and dont spend a bunch of time uninstalling stuff and trying to self fix it. Probably just an error in theor code that they'll find and quickly fix.

It appears time preview in P3D is not supported fyi Guys

Not supported where? you mean within FSDT?

Not supported where? you mean within FSDT?

Within KMEM - confirmed by the Man - deal breaker for me - I use time preview extensively - hopefully they can do something about it in the future

I'm thinking this has something to do with the latest version of the add on manager. I don't have KMEM. But still CTD at LGKF(no addon scenery). The only change for me was the addon manager update.

Looks like maybe a new version of bglmanx.dll might have fixed it for one so far according to their forum. I will try in the morning.

• Upvote 1

confirmed by the Man - deal breaker for me -

exactly.. I use that all the time... First we lost the replay ...which I had come to accept for FSDT and Flight beam airports... but if we have to give up on the Time preview (one of the best features of P3D)... NOT ACCEPTABLE 

exactly.. I use that all the time... First we lost the replay ...which I had come to accept for FSDT and Flight beam airports... but if we have to give up on the Time preview (one of the best features of P3D)... NOT ACCEPTABLE 

I hear yah but guess they needed to keep the fps great and this was the best way as it is amazing on fps

I hear yah but guess they needed to keep the fps great and this was the best way as it is amazing on fps

So the preview is broken only at the KMEM airport or for the entire sim?

Exactly.

KMEM is far bigger than anything we ever made so far (just look at the installer size, it's 4X bigger than KLAX or JFK V2 ), and there was no way it could ever fit in memory, without aggressive, and sometimes unusual, optimization methods.

Time Preview works with any normal scenery, because by default the sim will load BOTH night and day textures, especially at Dusk/Dawn, where the shader will do *extra* work to BLEND, in real-time, between day and night textures. That's why Time Preview is normally so smooth: all the data it needs has already being loaded!

Instead, in order to save the maximum amount of VAS *and* fps, we discard from memory the whole day scenery at night, and we reload the night version from scratch. At Dusk, instead of relying on the sim default blending, we sent a 3rd version of the textures specifically made for Dusk/Dawn, so only ONE set of textures is ever loaded at any time.

The result is, although having 4X more data than, let's say, KLAX, it takes LESS VAS, about 150-200 MB less. And the fps is very good too.

Even if (using some hacking), we found a way to know when Time Preview switches between Day/Dusk/night (there isn't one, officially, using Simconnect), so we could use the same methods while in Time Preview, the texture loading would still be required, so Time Preview would never be as smooth as on a normal scenery, so you could just "Apply" the changes.

So the preview is broken only at the KMEM airport or for the entire sim?

Only at KMEM, of course...

• Upvote 4

Understood its designed that way and you know your stuff - just wasnt expecting it - may not be a big deal for most anyway - it is a beauty  :wink:

I reinstalled FSDT after a fresh download. I put back my old exe.xml and dll.xml in the scenery.cfg folder

and went to the other exe.xml (and made the active to false so there is no duplicate entry)

And restarting the Sim at KMEM.........

OK so that fixed the original problem. No CTD now

I tried the time preview and yes...the time preview still works except in KMEM... Its good that it does not load the entire texture... (That would  be a bummer since it takes a long time for my sim to reload or refresh)

The airport texture remains with the day texture.

So that's not too bad.

But  I am still ambivalent  this time.. I own all FSDT airport....this one... I am not sure I can live with this...  Hmm..conflicted

I hope this was an experiment and this does not become the trend for future FSDT Airports.

Time Preview wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.  I use it but not that often.  The lack of surroundings lowers it down on my list of wants but, because of fond memories, it's on my list.  It's down there a ways, but it's there.  I don't care much about the arresting system thing but I'll be curious if the 'tower avatar' thing gets people interested.  At least it's a valiant attempt.