Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

FSDT Memphis-KMEM is out

Dumb question since I dont have access to Facebook right now, but I am right that the "FACEBOOK23" coupon is that same one from two years ago that doesnt expire, or is this a new code? I think I used mine way back when but want to confirm before I pull the trigger.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Dumb question since I dont have access to Facebook right now, but I am right that the "FACEBOOK23" coupon is that same one from two years ago that doesnt expire, or is this a new code? I think I used mine way back when but want to confirm before I pull the trigger.

Cheers, Pete

You can only use it once. SO if you already use it then you can't anymore.

Thanks Hendrik, I thought that was likely the case. I dont think i have the patience to wait for a sale, will probably have to bite.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

How stable is SODE?  I am seeing people having issues with it and don't want anything that can bust.

No problem here. As long as your dll.xml is in good condition, it is very stable.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Bummer, didn't know about the coupon. That being said, FSDT did a very nice job with KMEM. Performance is very good so far. Glad to know about the time preview issue. At first I thought something was wrong with my P3D. Makes sense now.  (For the person who asked, time preview allows you to see time changes (i.e. go from to day to night, and vice versa) in real time). It's a cool feature but the only time I ever use it is to explore new airports. I'd rather have good performance over a seldom used feature any day.

How much of a discount is the FACEBOOK23 coupon worth?

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

How much of a discount is the FACEBOOK23 coupon worth?

Randy

Think I read 8 dollars somewhere 

Rich Sennett

Is SODE optional or required?  I'm probably the oddball but I really don't want it.  I don't care about jetways that much.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

it's optional sir

Cool...thank you!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Anyone getting G2D.dll errors (CTD) with Memphis? There are several users including myself getting this error. It only happens with KMEM. If so please post on the FSDT Forum. I know G2D.dll controls but there are just too many users reporting this problem for it not to be scenery related. Especially when many of the reports are from folks that have not had CTD issues until installing Memphis. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Anyone getting G2D.dll errors (CTD) with Memphis? There are several users including myself getting this error. It only happens with KMEM. If so please post on the FSDT Forum. I know G2D.dll controls but there are just too many users reporting this problem for it not to be scenery related. Especially when many of the reports are from folks that have not had CTD issues until installing Memphis. 

Your computer might be getting overloaded. Tried turning graphics sliders down?

Your computer might be getting overloaded. Tried turning graphics sliders down?

I don't think the graphics has anything to do with it for the fact I can fly too any other scenery intensive airport with 80% AI and not have a problem. I have a majority of FSDT scenery to include KIAH which also got an update and they work fine. I can't even fly into KMEM because as soon as I'm on the scenery edge and the airport is just visible from 6000 feet and CTD. I try to load up at KMEM in the ultralight and CTD. More folks are starting to report the same issues. I run GTX 980 for video and a i7-4790 CPU. This system is for FSX only and has been running for 6 months now without a single crash. I can fly 10+ hours in the PMDG 777 and land at a pay ware scenery smooth as butter. But I can't load the Ultralight @ KMEM. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I don't think the graphics has anything to do with it for the fact I can fly too any other scenery intensive airport with 80% AI and not have a problem. I have a majority of FSDT scenery to include KIAH which also got an update and they work fine. I can't even fly into KMEM because as soon as I'm on the scenery edge and the airport is just visible from 6000 feet and CTD. I try to load up at KMEM in the ultralight and CTD. More folks are starting to report the same issues. I run GTX 980 for video and a i7-4790 CPU. This system is for FSX only and has been running for 6 months now without a single crash. I can fly 10+ hours in the PMDG 777 and land at a pay ware scenery smooth as butter. But I can't load the Ultralight @ KMEM. 

But MEM is not like any other airport, including other fsdt airports. Have you tried different sliders?

Yes, but same results. Today day 3 of trying KMEM I have not had any errors. Settings remained the same. Not sure what the deal is but reports of the error are still coming in.

Dan