Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

More good News from IPACS today!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That sounds very encouraging. I look forward to seeing the progress that is made.

World2AeroFly :-)

Just write me back if you're looking for a donor for this one :-) Would be definitely a winner :-)

Kind regards, Michael

World2AeroFly :-)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Nice to see some actual plans. The developers seemed rather confused and lost at first. They've also released a small patch that improves a couple of things like movable eyepoint (by default the pilot sits with the back of his head pressed against the headrest so you can barely read the instruments).

It's going to be very interesting to see how the ATC module turns out. Very few sims have managed to provide usable ATC so that's going to be a challenge. Hopefully it will also include AI traffic eventually, something I really miss when using sims that lack it, such as X-Plane and AFS 2.

Improved usability of airliners should hopefully also include the systems in the smaller aircraft. They need a proper GPS rather than the overhead map they have now. Also they need to have working mixture controls.

As a sidenote, IPACS is a rather small team, certainly nothing to compare to LM or DT. I read somewhere they're barely able to follow all threads around on several fora. Thus, if you have definitive proposals, its suggested to either post them on their forum under

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/forumdisplay.php/44-Aerofly-FS-2-Flight-Simulator

or on the Steam forum under 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/434030/discussions/

which they both actively follow.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

the ATC part i don't trust, could be a lie to boost sales.  2 weeks ago they had no idea on how to add atc...

ipacs aerofly  [developer] 14 May @ 8:33am 
This is planned, but to be honest we have no idea yet on how to actually do it.

We would really like to wait for more user feedback until we see how ATC can be implemented.
  • Upvote 2

Excellent news about the higher resolution ground textures and systems complexity.

Are those airliners that can be seen at some large airports only static models?

I believe they are Christopher. There is yest no AI traffic in Aerofly AFAIK... That was also the case with MS FLIGHT, apart from some missions and the "policemen" :-)  and that's probably in part why it was able to deal with it's job maintaining good FPS...

Anyway, I believe adding AI to Aerofly is certainly going to appear in IPACS's TODO list anytime soon, particularly if a growing number of users justifies the investment from their small team.

I am holding my credit card because last year I spent way too many $$$ in simming with the jumps between platforms before settling with P3Dv3, PSX and IL2 BoS/BoM + RoF as I am now and intend to be for a good while. But at the same time I think I see the potential in Aerofly, and it reminds me of FU2 and 3, as well as PP99, and as much as I would want to have been able to support those platforms and latter MS FLIGHT, and finally have the civil flight simulation platform of my dreams...

PilotEdge is in contact wiyh AeroFly for reading there data so PilotEdge can provide us a program using PilotEdge ATC with AeroFly and multiplayer aircraft...

So there are plans to Have ATC in Aerofly.

PilotEdge is in contact wiyh AeroFly for reading there data so PilotEdge can provide us a program using PilotEdge ATC with AeroFly and multiplayer aircraft...

So there are plans to Have ATC in Aerofly.

Thats the best we can do, trying to get 3rd parties involved to enhance the platform. I'll try to do my share.

Kind reagrds, Michael

Just out of curiosity, since I do not own Aerofly v2...

Are the runways/taxiways 3d. Do some have slopes ?

And, yes, what do you mean with that Level-D Schilmijer ????????????????

Level-D simulation is used for professional training devices that airline pilots train in there flight simulators.

The graphics used in Aerofly is of that quality, although it is the start of the sim, expect the sim wil grow further and further! this first steps they released as a simulator is very promising...!

stay in touch with them say what you like to see or added, they are willing to listen and they replay fast.

Ok, understood...

First idea that came to my mind this week was developing a PSX connection to Aerofly v2 when the SDK becomes available, and depending on how it will actually allow for a solution similar to the ones used for using FSX, P3D or X-plane for the external visuals of PSX...

PSX what is that?

http://www.aerowinx.com/

Aerowinx - Precision Simulator 10 (PSX) (Simulator)

Precision Simulator is a stand-alone flight & systems trainer for professionals and for everyone interested in professional operations.

Run a flight deck mockup by feeding several monitors through multimonitor graphic cards or through networked computers, or run a single computer for solo training. Or network any combination that suits your needs. Panels can be zoomed, panned, divided. 

Precision Simulator models the combi, freighter, passenger, and ER variants of the B744 series, and many selectable airline options. 

• Includes instructor screens
  • World-wide navigation database, global weather model, random traffic
  • Simulates over 500 malfunctions
  • Has all EFIS and standby instruments
  • Complete dual FMC model with FANS–1
  • CDU standby navigation
  • Smooth A/T, autopilot, F/D; exact mode logic
  • Flight control system logic, ratio controllers; realistic, fine-tuned aerodynamics model
  • Accurate GE, PW, RR performance models
  • IRS, GPS, weather radar, navaid antenna effects
  • Comprehensive EICAS, EGPWS, TCAS, PWS etc.
  • Communications, ACARS, CPDLC, Voice-ATC, ATIS, PNF etc.
  • Electrical CBs, all distribution busses, supplying over 1000 simulated relays and devices with individual voltage–amperage modeling
  • Detailed fuel system with 2003–revision
  • Dynamic hydraulic and pneumatic pressure models
  • Ice and rain protection

and thousands of other features.

Operations Manual Preview

The following systems are required to run Precision Simulator 10 (PSX):

Java version 1.6, or 1.7, or a higher compatible version. If Java is not already installed on your computer, it can be downloaded free of charge from java.com.

Apple OS X, or Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, or Linux or any other operating system that supports one of the above Java versions, and that includes a PDF reader for viewing the operations manual. (PDF readers are also available in the Internet.)

A monitor with at least 800 x 800 pixels. Undersized monitors can be used as well—for example, to display certain small flight deck sections on networked monitors—, but the instructor screen will then be cropped, and should then be displayed on a second, suitable monitor. Do not use Retina resolutions.

Dual-core or multi-core microprocessor, running at 2.5 GHz or higher

4 GB RAM or more

3 GB free hard disk space

A keyboard, ideally one that includes a numeric keypad

A mouse, or any similar pointing device

Access to a DVD drive is required for the initial installation

Optional:

USB yokes, sticks, pedals, throttles, buttons, and other USB inputs.

Add-on software & hardware compatible with the Aerowinx TCP/IP network.

Note: Java utilizes hardware acceleration for the graphics. Hence, the frame rates in the simulator are very high, typically ranging from 30 to 70 fps.