Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

VR is the thing you want - Monitors is so last century

If you are into VR flying, it might be profitable to take a look at Aerofly FS2 which is making quite a name for itself, especially in VR Flight simulation circles.

http://www.roadtovr.com/aerofly-fs2-brings-ultra-realistic-flight-simulation-to-rift-and-vive/

Or scroll down the page here and look at all the favorable reviews by users.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/434030/

Yep, gonna get that in about few weeks already bought 4 addons last week alone (AS16+ASCA+Openlc NA+FlyinsideFSX/P3D).

It is so sad that I can't even bother with simming on flat monitor anymore.

AS16+ASCA is MAGIC , without ASCA it is good but you don't see the potential of AS16 in VR

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

When I tried the vive demo it looked cool but it was hard to get past the grainy look to stuff, I had issues making out small details ect. Maybe in a few years,the VR gloves are a cool idea they would allow you to actually turn knobs in the cockpit and actually feel the knob

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

When I tried the vive demo it looked cool but it was hard to get past the grainy look to stuff, I had issues making out small details ect. Maybe in a few years,the VR gloves are a cool idea they would allow you to actually turn knobs in the cockpit and actually feel the knob

Of course, there are several settings for the various headsets to alleviate, though not necessarily eliminate, some of those issues.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Not noticed any grainyness in the CV1 yet. Early days though, I've not loaded up the ORBX textures yet, it's still all stock.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

bought a CV1 after first weeks of tests iam very impressed of the feel of fly in it.

Before i not fly any GA or bushflying ,not like the track ir , but now wow.

The drawback is the resulotion and a slight screendoor effekt but the feeling is absolutly amazing.

It need a very powerful PC first a test it on a 4.8ghz 4770k with a Old Nvidia Titan not the optimal system, i was that impressed that a did a clean install on my Overclocked 6700k with strix 1080 now it was butter smoth.

Like to fly the Twin Otter, Scout, A2A 172 and some more

Not fly PMDG 737, retired sold my 737 prosim Sim with warpalizer.

My plan was to build a full Q400 sim waiting for the tranier version but not sure now,

The VR gone be better over time with new gen headsets.

VR is neat but not ready yet IMO. Price, resolution, cables and performance requirements are all still too prohibitive. Give it 5 more years of tech advance and hopefully they will be like buying a toaster.

• Upvote 1

I understand that AeroFly 2 has VR out of the box and it's easy on fps being 64 bit architecture. Has anyone tried that with VR?

I understand that AeroFly 2 has VR out of the box and it's easy on fps being 64 bit architecture. Has anyone tried that with VR?

Just in the last few days, Aerofly has had a huge surge in purchase volume. I'm suspecting this is at least partially due to the excellent word of mouth regarding how good it is with VR, as well as it finally beginning to gather more serious attention in Flightsim circles.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

So Skywolf what you are saying can be summarised as this: the immersion the Rift brings by far exceeds the loss in eye candy.

Good summary?

Can you switch into the Avatar and see the world from the Avatar's point of view in the Rift?

You can indeed switch to Avatar third person view. Walkarounds will never be the same again.

On a side note, i just landed Aerosoft Airbus at Kai Tak. Totally blew my mind. And so much easier than in 2D. Then I replayed it from all angles - edge of the wing, undercarriage. Totally mental

You can indeed switch to Avatar third person view. Walkarounds will never be the same again.

On a side note, i just landed Aerosoft Airbus at Kai Tak. Totally blew my mind. And so much easier than in 2D. Then I replayed it from all angles - edge of the wing, undercarriage. Totally mental

is the head tracking making avatar mode trippy.  How smoothing are using it.  By the way Flyinside v1.6 is out .  Yes,  I have VR-SLI with my 2x980s  Omg

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Thanks for that KTFO. How about first person avatar mode? Like the way it puts your head at about the correct height of an average adult inside the 3D world. Replays with the plane flying over your head should be good.

How about first person avatar mode?

Sorry, I meant first person. Yes, all of the Avatar views work. And yes, exactly at head height. It's perfect. You'll love it.

s the head tracking making avatar mode trippy.  How smoothing are using it.

I find it's really smooth. The only thing is I can't pivot with the joystick, only forward/backward and side to side. To pivot I have to use the Q and E keys which makes me a bit dizzy.

By the way Flyinside v1.6 is out .

I downloaded it but the colour level adjustment doesn't seem to be working. Nights are still really bright for me.

Yes,  I have VR-SLI with my 2x980s  Omg

Good for you mate. How much of an improvement are you seeing?