Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

Liars...

I am refreshing the purchasing site constantly! Evening started so this might be a Greek hoax for Dear-Lord-Sakes!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Yeah I do agree the price tag for the high quality addons are definitely justified by the time and resource put into the development. But for some people like me the extra features are just so rarely used. I am quite interested in watching some videos of people flying in the FSL A320 to learn some cool stuff, but whether to buy it or not is entirely another thing.

I see where you are coming from. I have found after almost 2 decades of flight simming that an aircraft, and scenery, will keep my attention almost forever, as long as it is realistic. I have flown the 737 and 777 from PMDG since the days they came out. I still fly in and out of payware airports like FlyTampa Boston and Dubai, in fact I just landed a 12 hour long haul in an Emirates 77W on that route right now. Every week I will fly a GA from A2A or Realair, Eaglesoft, or PMDG 737 and 777. These are the only aircrafts I fly, and I have about 2 dozen payware airports. It keeps my attention and I don't rush out and buy every new thing that comes out. Still expensive, but not too bad, considering most of my scenery and aircraft I keep flying for years. And no other sim or video game keeps my attention anymore. Just a few routes once or twice a week and that is my fun entertainment. FSLabs looks like PMDG quality and I know if I do buy it, it will keep my attention for years. Well worth that price, and I am lucky to be able to afford a payware addon once every month or so.

Liars...

I am refreshing the purchasing site constantly! Evening started so this might be a Greek hoax for Dear-Lord-Sakes!

Go to their forum and they will post when the 2 hours to release countdown starts.

Just to give some background on this.  When the ConcordeX was updated and released for P3D there were one or two users with large 4K TV's who instantly OOM'd.  The reason is the ConcordeX has a huge number of 2D panels and the size of the this in total killed the sim.  Some people resized them and got it to work but FSL had to refund a few people so they are covering their Axx on this release.  My guess is that if it works with a PMDG product you will probably be fine but you might want to wait for reports because they will not be refunding this time around with this statement in place.

I think you're right. Nobody has said anything about it beyond what Markus posted in their forums about 3440 x 1440 being probably OK... So the system requirement feels like more of a disclaimer.

But I also agree about sitting it out and waiting for reports. It would have been nice to claim the small discount but I'd rather spent an extra $10 later than gamble $90 sight unseen and lose.

So back to the sidelines for me. Hope the early adopters have fun.

I hope the firefighters are on standby for those servers! :excl:

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Your assumption is that FSL intends to make all of its revenue from hobbiest users like us, which is probably not the case. In addition to home users, for whom the price point will be around $100, I'm pretty sure that FSL will eventually be targeting the professional training market (real world A320 pilots and airlines), who will pay much MUCH more for a version legally certified for training on systems and procedures.

There is a reason why FSL has taken years to develop a simulation that accurately models every system and sub-system found on an actual A320, in both engine variants.

The fact that the new product can be configured to run exclusively with 2D panels, points in that direction too, as CBT systems training in a classroom is usually done exclusively in 2D. This, of course, is a benefit for those hobby users who detest virtual cockpits!

A certified version would have to run on the P3D platform, as FSX cannot legally be used for any type of real-world training.

A similar situation exists with the Aerowinx PSX simulation of the 747-400. Even for hobbiest users, the price point is rather high ($350), but Aerowinx has long-standing relationships with several r/w airlines, (and Boeing itself), who probably pay a far higher price for each and every copy.

I am aware of it JRBarrett. That is the point of the first scenario I said 'Hardcore Flightsimmers expelled from our own market. Development groups focused in professional market'.

Majestic policy is the best IMHO. Good prices, three diferent versions and common license (FSX+P3D). If Majestic can...other developers reasons are simple excuses.

Enjoy the FSL320 ;) Surely is amazing.

• Upvote 1

Tomás Fabada Castellana

Site down already. :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Please just let me know if it comes with a nifty uninstaller!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

FSlabs site is officialy dead :P

I just bought it...lol

Looks like i'll have to dig out FSX Gold...

Downloading at 1700 Ko ! :smile:....and installed !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11