Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

We finally hit the triple digit point in FSX add-ons. We all knew we were headed in that direction. FSLabs just happened to be the first to actually "pop that cherry".

These projects are a labour of love and maybe even with a bit of friendly inter-developer rivalry thrown in for good measure ("I'm as good as or even better than you!"). I honestly do not believe that developers expect to get rich or even earn a living off the add-ons they develop for a very small, very narrow-focused market such as high fidelity flight simulation products. The price simply reflects what they think their hours/days/months/years of work are worth. It's their valuation. Why are we questioning that?

We have a choice. Buy or don't buy. Arguing about the merits or demerits of a particular price point is an exercise in futility.

For those of us who cannot afford the $100.00 asking price right now it is a simple matter of saving up (perhaps one less store-bought cappuccino a day?). No dramas.

I will not be one of the early adopters but this aircraft definitely has a place in my virtual hangar. Aerosoft's A320 whetted my appetite. The FSLabs version will be my full course meal (with dessert).

Cheers! :drinks:

The introductory price of the FSL Airbus is the same price as the PMDG 77L base pack.

$89.99 US

Let's not start complaining about high price of addons only now. (not directed at you but some other people here)

Not to mention the base price of the PMDG 77L for P3D... it's why I have not moved to P3D yet. I am not paying another $170 after $120 for the 77L and 773 for FSX.

• Upvote 1

they would sell more than twice the copies at half the price

So about the same?

haha, just kidding around.

The introductory price of the FSL Airbus is the same price as the PMDG 77L base pack.

$89.99 US

Let's not start complaining about high price of addons only now. (not directed at you but some other people here)

Not to mention the base price of the PMDG 77L for P3D... it's why I have not moved to P3D yet. I am not paying another $170 after $120 for the 77L and 773 for FSX.

No it's $89.99 +VAT, for only 1 hour or so & then $100 + VAT =  $125.

PMDG gives you 2 different variants 200/300, FSL only 1 A320.

So PMDG is more for the buck & cheaper!

No it's $89.99 +VAT, for only 1 hour or so & then $100 + VAT =  $125.

They claim the price is all day Thursday. And you do not get other variants for the 777, you have to buy the 773 for an additional 30 dollars. Check you rmath.

Will FSLabs develop the whole Airbus family? (from A318 to A321...)

And how long will that take... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

They claim the price is all day Thursday. And you do not get other variants for the 777, you have to buy the 773 for an additional 30 dollars. Check you rmath.

He's wrong about the 300ER, as that is a separate purchase expansion package. PMDG though do give you 2 variants of the 777 the 200LR and the 200F, in the base product. Same for the NGX you get the 737-800 and 900. So he is correct PMDG gives you more bang for the buck.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Not true - our title includes two A320 aircraft, the A320-214 (CFM engine variant) and the A320-232 (IAE engine variant). Each aircraft has its own engine model, performance model, different systems, sound set, visual model and cockpit. We implemented different ground handling for each type - they fly differently and a lot of the system logic is different (FADEC, FWC, FMGC).

You really are getting two different aircraft.

• Upvote 4

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

I was on the edge thinking if I should switch to P3D but now I am seriously confused - Level of detail is unbelievable on this machine. Hope SDK will be released so fs2crew can be programmed (I simply don't fly "alone" as it's killing immerssion).

We finally hit the triple digit point in FSX add-ons. We all knew we were headed in that direction. FSLabs just happened to be the first to actually "pop that cherry".

It had already been hit - that's $130 was what I payed for the PMDG 777 for P3D, after having it for FSX :-/

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It had already been hit - that's $130 was what I payed for the PMDG 777 for P3D, after having it for FSX :-/

He wrote tripple-digits for FSX addons! PMDG is $89.95 and $69.95 respectively... it's a first, that an addon costs $100+ for FSX (NOT Prepar3D)  :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Andrew, can you shed any light on the monitor resolution question? The product description is quite clear that anything beyond 1920 x 1080 is not recommended. But Markus Burkhard suggested in your forums that 3440 x1440 (which is where I sit) should be OK with reasonable settings. Would like to get an opinion on that from FSL before I commit. Would love to come on board, but given the premium (and nonrefundable) price, I'm a bit hesitant to experiment. Thanks in advance for any insight you can share.

PMDG gives you 2 different variants 200/300, FSL only 1 A320. So PMDG is more for the buck & cheaper!

I'm not having that; PMDG cynically/cleverly (delete as appropriate for your view) made the 77L the base pack as they there's not many in service, knowing most simmers were really only interested in the 77W and hence would spend more money! The FSL A320 models both the IAE and CFM engines, so you can say it has two variants included.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I saw this on their product page....Red flag all over.

"Be aware that running the simulator at screen resolutions higher than 1920×1080 will cause significantly increased VAS memory requirements and it is NOT recommended."

Hmmm..... Red flag!

Early adopters with three screen Surround, please report back...

Just to give some background on this.  When the ConcordeX was updated and released for P3D there were one or two users with large 4K TV's who instantly OOM'd.  The reason is the ConcordeX has a huge number of 2D panels and the size of the this in total killed the sim.  Some people resized them and got it to work but FSL had to refund a few people so they are covering their Axx on this release.  My guess is that if it works with a PMDG product you will probably be fine but you might want to wait for reports because they will not be refunding this time around with this statement in place.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

A higher price tag is not equal to higher renevue. The relation is not linear FSL!

Good luck losing money.

Tomás Fabada Castellana