Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

Maybe the question should be, why are people willing to pay $50 -$60 for a, by comparison of depth of systems/fidelity, lower "quality" aircraft? ie, the beauty queens of the sim world, that brag about 4k textures, but offer very little in the way of accurately modeled flight dynamics and systems.

Exactly!! In comparison to them, who can somehow get $40-$50 for their "lipstick on a pig" aircraft, this aircraft is a steal at $100. If carenado can charge what they charge, pmdg, fslabs, majestic in reality should be charging $250 or more for their products. Carenado can't even get basic stuff right. They wait for a couple folks here to fix it for them. Yet people continually happily pay without question.

These companies that put out extreme high quality and then get bashed because their prices are too high...this is ridiculous! Again, if we put this same argument in any other industry(I go back to my BMW/Ford analogy) people would be laughing at you. Just because it's out of your price range...you're acting like fslabs are doing it to you on purpose. Like you are entitled to their aircraft. So now you're not happy that they don't sell it to you for a price you can afford or feel it's worth. You are not entitled to this aircraft. The same way I'm not entitled to a BMW. Can't afford it? You have the Aerosoft bus.

• Upvote 4

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I can't believe the amount of bashing on the price, and I now understand very well why PMDG forbids it in their sections.  I for one am actually glad it'll be $120+ for P3D, it means they feel it's superior to almost any add-on and can compete with the very best.  It also means they can keep working on their planes and bring more amazing aircraft.  One can expect the A319/321 quite fast as they are very similar, but how great would be a PMDG-level A330?

Keep at it guys, I'm sure we'll love it, and I wish you a resounding success with this project.

• Upvote 3

sig01.png

Even new PC games made from scratch, 50GB (gta 5 for example...) are not expansive as this addon. Who sets those price tags ? 

• Upvote 2

Roi Ben

gta 5 for example?

Shaking head again..Those  have a very large target audience and hence enjoy the benefit of economy of scale. 

Kind of like, an entire OS like Win 7 costs 65$ these days.. The amount of effort and cost on an OS is a lot higher than what went into this FSLabs A32x I am sure. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Developers in the flightsim world complain that it is a niche market but they price themselves out of the market when they release a new product. Not everyone in the FS community can afford these addons like the majority of the users here at Avsim can. Good for them for finally coming out with their A320 project. I am afraid I will have to wait for a sale, if there is ever one. :Big Grin:

• Upvote 4

Even new PC games made from scratch, 50GB (gta 5 for example...) are not expansive as this addon. Who sets those price tags ? 

Look up the price of the PMDG 777 (FSX & P3D).  Now look up "Aerowinx 747".

FSX:Steam was a resounding success, I heard, and increased tremendously the reach of FSX.  Looking at Steam (that is one sales channel), they sold to this day around 640,000 copies.  Few of these people will buy the FSLabs A320.

GTA V, on Steam (again, that's only one of many sales channels GTA V is sold on) sold around 4.95 million copies, all of which paid $60 for it.  So if, by an incredible (literally incredible, as in absolutely impossible) stretch every single owner of FSX:Steam would buy the Bus, FSLabs would still have made only 20% of the money Rockstar made (for real) with GTA V.

Let that sink in for a second.  Those guys do that because of passion, not to get rich.  If they were making so much money, guys like PMDG's Robert, Ryan and Kyle would be going around in Ferraris.  Take a second to appreciate the incredible amount of work put in the addons, the very fair prices we pay for them (look up Train Simulator), and if you're unhappy, you're absolutely free to play GTA V and not purchase the FSLabs Bus, PMDG aircraft, the Majestic Q400 Pro...  It's up to you.  Don't bash, though.

• Upvote 1

sig01.png

Kudos to FSL for holding up for 6 years on to development & reaching their goal  :smile: .

We wanted an high fidelity Bus & now we'll have it tomorrow.  

As for the price, it's like buying 2 Carenado planes & on par with PMDG , but I get that $100 is allot to many people. Reality is FSL sets the price & that's it, they can't work for free.

What makes this interesting for me besides the failures & other goodies, is the FBW. As theoretically we should have exactly same feel as in RL with our home joysticks.

Any new beta-testing videos incoming?

You know, $100 is less than I paid for my CPU cooler.  It's less than a tenth of what I paid for my coffee machine, because I can't go without a nice espresso in the morning.  I chose to spend on that, and I have used it every single day since.

Last year, we went to a Six Flags park, and with the parking, food and ticket, I paid around $180 - $90 for myself alone.  I absolutely enjoyed the day, and it was a worthwhile purchase.  I also paid over $130 for both variations of the 777 for P3D, and enjoyed much more than one day of use out of them.  Where I live, $100 is around 8 movies at the theatre, and that's non-3D versions and no popcorn.

Guys, gain some perspective.  The Aerosoft Airbus does a great job for a lot less money, feel free to buy that one instead.  Personally, I won't settle for an aircraft I deem incomplete - I want extreme realism, and that's worth paying over $100 for.  If it isn't to you, no one is twisting your arm.  Being respectful, however, shouldn't be something we need to ask for.  The guys at FSLabs seem to have done an incredible job, and many are excited to see for themselves.  If you have anything positive to say, why not keeping it to yourself?

sig01.png

Really looking forward to learn the Airbus for the first time when it arrives on the P3D platform. I hope the standard is as high as PMDG. 6 years in the making sounds just like it.

Hopefully they will succeed.

Michael Moe

I believe that it does approach "the standard...as high as PMDG", having had the privilege of beta testing the FSL A320X and owning and frequently flying several PMDG aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

It's about accessibility. Think of those who do want this aircraft and can't afford it. We are not buying a car here so don't use that analogy. I think by pricing it right, it would be more accessible to others. Not everyone can shell out $100, and please don't say oh but you can spend that much in a night of going out, or buying some coffee machine. Not everyone does that. Some people are more frugal or like to conserve their money, because of their situation. Not everyone can comfortably spend that kind of money on an add-on. I would like to purchase this unfortunately the price isn't right for me. So I'll pass for the time being. And to those who can afford this, enjoy. I'm sure it's worth it.

• Upvote 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Is it such a crime to just have patience and save up for it if you can't afford it? The analogy of buying a car is fitting because when you want something you can't afford you save for it or stay within your means. Accessibility is important but it isn't the sole responsibility of the developer. If you want something that's out of your reach..just have patience, save and buy it.

Everything doesn't always come easy because we want it to.

• Upvote 2

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I quite don't understand the discussion about the pricing - and especially regarding the comparison with cars, coffee-machines, other/similar addons etc...

Personally I think it's a bit expensive to pay $125 (incl VAT) for an addon (on the other hand, I shelled out $135 for PMDG's 777) - but in my humble opinion, that was different, since PMDG has a well deserved reputation and I know their quality! I know next to nothing about FSLabs (other than the plane has been 6 years in development - and that they've been hyping it for the last 5 years). 

I think I'll wait for the reviews and make my final descision... 

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

As for the price, it's like buying 2 Carenado planes & on par with PMDG

Exactly.  What would you rather have?  Two half-baked planes or a hi-fidelity A320?

I think I'll wait for the reviews and make my final descision...

I will be doing the same. This isn't exactly a "must have" product, despite those that are trying to convince the Avsim general populace of such. i don't think anyone should be jumping on any bandwagons just because of something that was written on Avsim. Waiting for an unbiased review, well, that never happens. Most internet reviewers are either paid, or have been given free copies of the software, as long as they write a mostly positive review and do not draw attention to any major short comings. As always, it is buyer beware.

just my .02c

Jazz

• Upvote 2

Is it such a crime to just have patience and save up for it if you can't afford it? The analogy of buying a car is fitting because when you want something you can't afford you save for it or stay within your means. Accessibility is important but it isn't the sole responsibility of the developer. If you want something that's out of your reach..just have patience, save and buy it.

Everything doesn't always come easy because we want it to.

Agreed. A lot of people have a I-want-it-all and I-want-it-now mentality. When it comes to software some people even have a I-have-the-right-to-have-it-all mentality. If you don't have the money for something save for it or forget about it. If this hobby is too expensive for you, get another hobby. Simple as that. Asking a developer to lower their prices because you want to is a bit odd.

And why the heck does an addon like this HAVE to be accessible?! That is a bit nonsense and just another way of saying I-want-it-but-I-only-want-it-cheap. I never ever thought about accessibility being a main factor when it comes to flightsim addons. As if it is a matter of life and death. Weird. Daily bread and water has to be accessible, an Airbus doesn't.