Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

I purchased it, installed FSX:SE on my secondary PC, started flying and still couldn't close my mouth, i'm still watering...

AT LAST!

RE: Aerosoft... Yeah, it's something i would expect from them, they're very arrogant. I recently asked them to remove my account from their forum because of a very very simple question i asked that caused me to be practically shot by their... 'moderators'. I don't even want to hear about them anymore.

• Upvote 3

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Nice airbus from FSLabs! :wink:

...but I do not get the main panel lights to work???

Someone noticed if it works in his 'bus?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I purchased it, installed FSX:SE on my secondary PC, started flying and still couldn't close my mouth, i'm still watering...

AT LAST!

RE: Aerosoft... Yeah, it's something i would expect from them, they're very arrogant. I recently asked them to remove my account from their forum because of a very very simple question i asked that caused me to be practically shot by their... 'moderators'. I don't even want to hear about them anymore.

So!  It's really good!!!! :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ah yes... Unfortunately i am not running it on my main PC but even on a GTX750 it performs acceptably.

It's really really good. The climb is spot on, performance is spot on and the behaviour of the aircraft feels like the real thing. Obviously my experience are just a few flights in the cockpit (i know some people :) ) but i clearly remember the sounds/environment and this is really there.

Great great job and i cannot wait to fly it in P3D!

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Butthurt? Are you serious? Mathis laid out a well ariculated critique as to why he thinks his company's product is a better value. He wasn't spiteful, nor did he make any false claims. Only a 12-year old ###### would classify this as "butt hurt."

Exactly.. I love Aerosoft and what they do for us simmers... Its not either or.. I like this new FSLabs A320..can't wait to get it for the P3D (assuming I won't get an OOM on myt 3 monitor setup..Wink Wink Nudge Nudge.... )

Mathias actually made a very cogent argument for their A32x. If FSLabs F320 cannot run on my 3 monitor system, then my Aerosoft A32x which runs just fine is A-OK and Mathias's post made me feel so much better flying their A32x!

I plan to get both..FSLAbs A320 and Aerosofts A330.. Can't wait. I love what these folks do for us simmers! We are not the PS4 GTA people..we are a niche.. 

• Upvote 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Nice airbus from FSLabs! :wink:

...but I do not get the main panel lights to work???

Someone noticed if it works in his 'bus?

Did you download and install the fslabs spotlight tool?

Well, it is expensive but if you are a "real" die-hard flight simmer with lots invested in this hobby such as hardware, scenery etc,  I don't see a problem with the price.  For me it is out of my league even though I can afford it.  I consider myself  to be an above average user so the Aerosoft AirBus is just about right for me. Shoot, I even have trouble with that one let alone a high-end sophisticated add-on like this.  But really, if people are into the real technical aspects of this simulation of this Airbus which I'm sure it is then I don't see a problem with the asking price.

Remember, this is a niche hobby, lets just be thankful that there are choices for every type of flight simmer out there. 

Just my two cents...lol

• Upvote 1

Maybe someone can explain this " fixation " on having failures included in a software product . Or being able to press the Fire Test buttons . Are you going to be doing this for every flight ? The same with wing flex , do ( real ) pilots rush into the cabin during a flight to look at the wings flapping up and down ?

If the real aircraft , whether it is a Boeing or Airbus is prone to having inflight emergencies on every single flight , would anyone want to fly in one , pilots included ? Yes , I am aware thet real pilots train for this but they don't do it every flight and that is the same for every trade , at some stage even safety training becomes a chore when it is constantly repeated with unexpected results . I understand that the failures can be switched off , I just wonder how long it will take before that happens .

I know there are many hardcore simulator pilots ( I spend more time painting them than flying ) but if you have made your flightplan with the latest AIRAC and using the latest flightplan software for your 2 or 3 hour flight , collected all relevant charts , loading cargo and or passengers and gone through all procedures before starting the engines and taking off only to have to divert to another airfield because of an " emergency " then I fail to see the point . Why not just take off and fly in any direction until the emergency occurs .

As for all the comments about the pricing or which simulated product is better ( or worse ) than the other , this happens each time any new software is released , so nothing new there . If there's enough hype people will buy anything at any price even if you don't " need " to have it . The regret ( or pleasure ) comes later .

John

• Upvote 6

Not sure about that. I think a lot might be investing in the FSX version to tide them over until the P3D comes out - that's what I'm going to do.

Yeah, why not it's only $100, and the perhaps another $135 for The P3D version... that's $235.  :wink: I seriously doubt it. FSX is dead to me.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Exactly.. I love Aerosoft and what they do for us simmers... Its not either or.. I like this new FSLabs A320..can't wait to get it for the P3D (assuming I won't get an OOM on myt 3 monitor setup..Wink Wink Nudge Nudge.... )

Mathias actually made a very cogent argument for their A32x. If FSLabs F320 cannot run on my 3 monitor system, then my Aerosoft A32x which runs just fine is A-OK and Mathias's post made me feel so much better flying their A32x!

I plan to get both..FSLAbs A320 and Aerosofts A330.. Can't wait. I love what these folks do for us simmers! We are not the PS4 GTA people..we are a niche.. 

FSL will be releasing a cockpit edition later on which should allow you to run on as many monitors (network or not) as you want. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Oh well, I just put a brand new copy of FSX on my new computer a year and a half ago. It's not dead by any means.  I may never get to P3D.

Guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but... does anyone knows how much time the "early adopters" system will take?

I mean... is there any prevision on when will the rest of us be able to enjoy this bird? :P

The FSL Airbus containts only A320 right?
Will A321 , A319 and A318 releaed in the future too?

The FSL Airbus containts only A320 right?

Will A321 , A319 and A318 releaed in the future too?

Yes, only 320. I don't know about the rest, i assume they will be released sometime in the future.