Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

FSLabs A320

I just received a notice for NavDataPro from Aerosoft for the 1610 Airac.

"AIRAC Cycle 1610 is now available for download on our server!
Run NavDataPro on your PC to download the new AIRAC Cycle.

NEW in this month:
support for FSLabs A320 for Prepar3Dv3 added"

Looks like it might not be too far down the road.

• Upvote 2

NAX669.png

:)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well... maybe.  Might be a few days, few weeks, few months.... regardless, I am looking forward to this one.  I'd normally never be interested in an Airbus but with Leftarius behind it I'm all in.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks! Good to see this. :wink:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Just starting to read the FCTM. Also looking forward to it.

Will fly SAS - 232 IAE

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'm gonna find myself a Jetblue VA to fly for as soon as she is available for P3D. Plan on wearing out that livery. I live in an area where they decel over my house at about 12k going into the airport. Those IAE engines have a very very distinct sound when they pull the power back. I always make my wife shake her head when we are in the house and I hear it and tell her that's a JBU A320 going overhead. Fire up FR24 and am never disappointed!

• Upvote 1

Eric 

That's funny you mention JB Eric, I have been flying FSL320 using JB livery, picking a real flight and following it on liveatc (dont tell my airline I fly for the competition on my desktop at home..lol)

I also can't wait for the P3D version!

Happy landings!

John

• Upvote 1

If that is the loud humming sound, interestingly it comes from both IAE and CFM engines. IAE ones have a sharper N2 sound though, while the other one has a bit finer like the 737s. 

The neo ones are so quite on takeoffs compared to both, fan buzz is very dull to almost non existent and sounds like a distant 777 from behind. Could be shallower preferred climb profile on the new FMCs.

One question for you Boeing drivers that think of trying out an Airbus, what controller will you use?

I have a CH Yoke but that one wouldn't feel right to use with an Airbus. I guess some kind of joystick would be the most realistic option but most joysticks are more leaned towards fighter a/c are they not?

Richard Åsberg

One question for you Boeing drivers that think of trying out an Airbus, what controller will you use?

I have a CH Yoke but that one wouldn't feel right to use with an Airbus. I guess some kind of joystick would be the most realistic option but most joysticks are more leaned towards fighter a/c are they not?

Well have an X55 which works fine in FSX-SE and the FSLABS A320 and can't wait for the P3D version :-)

But the ship will be vas heavy... curious how it will perform in P3D (VAS/FPS wise) at least better since you don't have the mouse bug.

Regarding VAS it's almost simular to the PMDG 777 so it would be fine in P3D.

Love this Airbus (beside some small issues) piece of art and those sounds great job from the team there.

Lucky us we can all have that on a desktop sim.

André

OK, I do know the X55 by the looks anyway but didn't think of that as a realistic Airbus sidestick but of course it can still be used as one.

So how will this FSLabs A320 compare to the Aerosoft airbuses? I recon this will be the Airbus version of the NGX from PMDG?

Richard Åsberg

(...)

Richard, there was an interesting discussion in the FSL forum here:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/4350-home-joystcick-vs-airbus-sidestick/#comment-20855

All kinds of joysticks had been discussed, I finally opted for the Thrustmaster T16000m (can be configured for left-hand and right-hand use, fairly inexpensive, very precise). The range of the (thrust) slider could be larger, though.

Since you own the CH yoke already: I assigned the slider on the stick to the speedbrake, and use the three levers on the yoke for thrust (left), thrust (right) and flaps. Works like a charm.

Richard, there was an interesting discussion in the FSL forum here:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/4350-home-joystcick-vs-airbus-sidestick/#comment-20855

All kinds of joysticks had been discussed, I finally opted for the Thrustmaster T16000m (can be configured for left-hand and right-hand use, fairly inexpensive, very precise). The range of the (thrust) slider could be larger, though.

Since you own the CH yoke already: I assigned the slider on the stick to the speedbrake, and use the three levers on the yoke for thrust (left), thrust (right) and flaps. Works like a charm.

Cool Oliver, will check that out!

Richard Åsberg

OK, I do know the X55 by the looks anyway but didn't think of that as a realistic Airbus sidestick but of course it can still be used as one.

So how will this FSLabs A320 compare to the Aerosoft airbuses? I recon this will be the Airbus version of the NGX from PMDG?

Well I see the Aerosoft stuff as light to medium and is nice if you are looking for that level of simulation.

It's a study sim ;-) never seen this on a desktop with regards to an Airbus or in some fields in other aircraft.

As for the X55 with it' s different springs have the strong one just love it :-)

André

Well see the Aerosoft stuff as light to medium and is nice if you are looking for that level of simulation.

It's a study sim ;-) never seen this on a desktop with regards to an Airbus or in some fields in other aircraft.

As for the X55 with it' s different springs have the strong one just love it :-)

OK, sounds cool and will keep my eyes open for this one once it's released.

Who knows...maybe it's time to learn how to not only move a yoke but also a stick after all these years :smile:

Richard Åsberg