Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Question about Traffic Optimizer

The Prosim flightplan goes directly into the CDU .

After shutting down the flightplanner part there is only a flightplan in the CDU on my client pc.

For me it is better to enter both airports manually in TO.

Thanks.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Yep, You'll have to do it manually unless your CDU creates a default FSX/P3D flight plan. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

TO is a must have program on my flights and it works extremely well in P3D.    Once I understood how it works it allowed me to unlock a world I thought I'd never see in my flight sim universe... fully stocked airports without FPS going into the toilet.    This is how I set my flights up.

I'll get a flight plan filed from SimBrief and load the PLN file into the simulator.  Once I am in the cockpit SimStarterNG fires up TO automatically for me and it scans my flight plan and populates the Departure and Arrival airports into TO.   Be sure Preserve Traffic is on and Auto-Optimize set.  AI traffic limited to 100 planes.   I am good to go there.

My traffic slider is set to 75% Commercial traffic in P3D and my AI plane limit is set to 100 in TO.   When you use TO you can get away with really high slider values because TO is going to do magic.   When you use sliders below 40% like many do to save on FPS you are eliminating WAY to many aircraft at your departure and arrival airport.    When you set your sliders really high (75-90%) you get all the traffic that is suppose to be at the airport.   TO will then look at your AI limit, look at what airports you want to keep traffic at and then it wipes out those 200+ other AI that you will never see.    Your FPS stabilizes after a few seconds of the planes getting deleted and wallah;  25+ FPS and smooth at even major airports like KLAX on my rig and I get tons of traffic, realistic delays because of congestion and having to wait on departing and arriving planes.   It does not fix the planes not spacing out properly on final approach so you get a lot of go arounds.  You need another app to handle better separation of aircraft on final.  I will find myself after I arrive just sitting at the gate and in outside view mode, using EZDOK to fly around the airport and look at the dozens and dozens of aircraft doing their thing

The view at KDEN before departure yesterday to KBNA was awesome.  100 AI aircraft limit was reached.  85 on the ground with 15 on approach... KDEN looked alive!   Even KBNA was hoping when I got there with 25 AC at the gates and 10 arriving over the next ten minutes.  <3

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

This sounds really cool. I'm going to give it a try. Is anyone using it with UT2 in P3D?

Thanks ... Richard

This sounds really cool. I'm going to give it a try. Is anyone using it with UT2 in P3D?

Thanks ... Richard

Works with UT2.   Same principal used when I used it.  Set the traffic levels high but trim them off with TO.  UT2 has a traffic trimming feature but TO's I think is superior because it targets specific airports rather than range from your plane.   That is not very helpful when you are at an airport like KMDW or KDAL and right next to it withint 6 miles is O'Hare and DFW!  @_@   I don't need 200 planes spawning at those airports.. I am not THERE!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have TO networked and it automatically gets the airport ID from the flight plan.

Hi Maurice,

is there an installation guide how to set it up in a networked environment? I already run AS16 and ProATC from a networked PC so I have the networked Simconnect already running.

Thanks!

Carlo

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I install and it worked. I have all the simconnect and widefs install. Go back to the TO thread you may find a answer. But TO also runs fine on the same rig. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

TO is a must have program on my flights and it works extremely well in P3D.    Once I understood how it works it allowed me to unlock a world I thought I'd never see in my flight sim universe... fully stocked airports without FPS going into the toilet.    This is how I set my flights up.

I'll get a flight plan filed from SimBrief and load the PLN file into the simulator.  Once I am in the cockpit SimStarterNG fires up TO automatically for me and it scans my flight plan and populates the Departure and Arrival airports into TO.   Be sure Preserve Traffic is on and Auto-Optimize set.  AI traffic limited to 100 planes.   I am good to go there.

My traffic slider is set to 75% Commercial traffic in P3D and my AI plane limit is set to 100 in TO.   When you use TO you can get away with really high slider values because TO is going to do magic.   When you use sliders below 40% like many do to save on FPS you are eliminating WAY to many aircraft at your departure and arrival airport.    When you set your sliders really high (75-90%) you get all the traffic that is suppose to be at the airport.   TO will then look at your AI limit, look at what airports you want to keep traffic at and then it wipes out those 200+ other AI that you will never see.    Your FPS stabilizes after a few seconds of the planes getting deleted and wallah;  25+ FPS and smooth at even major airports like KLAX on my rig and I get tons of traffic, realistic delays because of congestion and having to wait on departing and arriving planes.   It does not fix the planes not spacing out properly on final approach so you get a lot of go arounds.  You need another app to handle better separation of aircraft on final.  I will find myself after I arrive just sitting at the gate and in outside view mode, using EZDOK to fly around the airport and look at the dozens and dozens of aircraft doing their thing

The view at KDEN before departure yesterday to KBNA was awesome.  100 AI aircraft limit was reached.  85 on the ground with 15 on approach... KDEN looked alive!   Even KBNA was hoping when I got there with 25 AC at the gates and 10 arriving over the next ten minutes.  <3

I would like to add to the above that even before launching TO I first run AI CULL that eliminates non-pertinent traffic in the air, that does not fly between the 2 airports of interest (departure/arrival). Only after that I run TO that brings down the remaining AI number to 100. Might be redundant, but it does not hurt for sure, as I did not research how exactly TO cuts down the number of AI.

Dirk. 

I would like to add to the above that even before launching TO I first run AI CULL that eliminates non-pertinent traffic in the air, that does not fly between the 2 airports of interest (departure/arrival).

TO does that and only keeps the traffic in your area. I have seen it on a map that shows traffic.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Does this program also accommodate your alternate, or just your departure, enroute and arrival AI traffic? Keen to give it a try after purchasing Aerosoft's Mega Heathrow Xtended.Even with a low AI setting, this airport is really buzzing with AI. Great eye candy but tough on the system.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

No alternate I'm afraid.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Maybe you can change your destination AP to the alternate and press "optimize" if it becomes needed.

You could do that but I think you would still need to move your AI slider up or down 1% in order for the sim to reload the aircraft it deleted out.   This way your alternate would not be empty. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I'm almost ready to try it, BUT it's a big no no for me that it doesn't space out landing traffic. Still a lot of go arounds is kind of a big ting. You don't see that in real life where the ATC creates separation among landing planes and also makes room for planes to take off in between, so there won't be a huge line of waiting aircrafts on the ground. Isn't there any way to acheive this in Traffic manger?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Don't think there is any way to manage the traffic outside of deleting the owerflow, but who knows.

The AI engine needs a complete overhaul, but it's unlikely that Lockheed Martin will pay attention to it. Their focus has been very narrow and targeted memory management, DX11 compatibility and scenario creation and management - Things they have done well. The rest of the sim is still laregly unchanced since FSX (ATC, AI and terrain engine). The only thing they've done is added bathymetry and added a few "payware" aircraft as a band aid for deleting half of the FSX fleet.

In that regard it will be interesting to see where DTG is heading, and also aerofly FS2.