My Saitek Pro Pedals went kaput recently when the tab holding the spring in the right pedal broke loose. Now I'm without pedals and on the prowl for a replacement. I've read mixed reviews on the CH Products pedals and don't know enough about the ThrustMaster model to make an educated decision.

Does anyone know when Logitech plans to start shipping Saitek gear? Everything Saitek from Logitech is 'pre-order only' on Amazon and it's pretty annoying to see the price point much lower than places that still have the original Saitek pedals they haven't been able to sell (almost $100 more than what Logitech is advertising, but at least they have them in.)

Thoughts?

When my Saitek rudders finally give up I am going back to CH, very well put together, I had a set of gameport CH rudders for years and they work fine using a gameport to usb converter, should really drag them out of the loft and try them again.

Slightly narrower than the Saitek but not anywhere near as narrow as the Thrustmaster.

I had constant toe brake issues with my CH pedals (well documented issue if you Google for it) and went to Saitek Pro Flight Cessna pedals.  Any of them will eventually wear out with use.  My original pedals long ago were Thrustmaster and there is no resemblance in design between them and the current TM pedals.  Those original TM pedals were build like a tank and still wore out.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Keep checking Amazon.  About 60 days ago fewer than 5 of us found throttle quadrants available and snapped them up. Just last week I believe another member here found one.  Almost like someone found some misplaced ones in a corner of the warehouse.  Have not watched the pedals, but the same could happen.  Have not personally seen any re-branded or co-branded Saitek/Logitech items yet, so likely none of what has shown up is new production.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The price difference is pretty significant. Logitech has their 'pre-release' price set to something like $170. The original Saitek gear is out there, but at prices well over $200.

Newegg shows Logitech will release a bunch of Saitek gear on 11/12.

I just bought a set of Thrust Masters pedals at Walmart.com for $89.0 and am very pleased with them.

Vic green

I am getting ready to sell a very lightly used set of Saitek Pro Flight Pedals that I bought 2 months ago. PM me if you are interested.

Have seen some good reviews of  the Thrustmaster Pedals. When my CH pedals finally wear out, I think I will give them a try. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Have seen some good reviews of the Thrustmaster Pedals.

They are very narrow though.

I had constant toe brake issues with my CH pedals (well documented issue if you Google for it)

What issues?

Only issues I have seen is where folk don't leave a sufficient null-zone on the toe brake axes.

For the OP I have had a set of CH pedals for over 8 years (I think) and still going strong.

Peter Schluter

What issues?

Only issues I have seen is where folk don't leave a sufficient null-zone on the toe brake axes.

For the OP I have had a set of CH pedals for over 8 years (I think) and still going strong.

My CH pedals are at least 9 years old and I use minimum null zone on brakes, and never had an issue with them.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Should still be several discussions that could be found with web searches. My CH Pedals worked well for several years, then the brakes would stay on despite attempts at calibration. Found via discussions a temp resolution was to insert CD jewel cases under the heel end of the pedals to space them up during calibration. That worked for a while, then the issue would catch up again and something thicker had to be used.  Likely was a wear issue.  Here is one such discussion.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php/topic/4323-sticking-toe-brakes/

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I use FSUIPC to assign and calibrate. I don't install the CH software. I rum the sim with the "joystick disabled".

Works for me.

Peter Schluter