Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

REX Worldwide Airports HD 1st Impressions

Just make up and save a bunch of themes, and then one click to load a new theme. Couldn't be any easier. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

I'm not stupid, just lazy... :)

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'm not stupid, just lazy... :)

Believe me, all points taken in regards... already working on it.  :smile:

Thank you for your feedback all!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Shouldn't that actually read 'it will overrule/override REX"...? Because no payware airport addon will ever 'overwrite' default files: it will only use its own ones. Default files will remain untouched and unused and hence, if you installed REX airport files, they will also stay untouched and unused. (Just a minor thing but I thought I'd post this to prevent future confusion... :wink: Please correct me ASAP if I am wrong!) 

You are right about it!

My%20Signature.jpg

Believe me, all points taken in regards... already working on it.  :smile:

Thank you for your feedback all!

Thanks a bunch!

I bought REX HD Airports last week with one problem. At small fields some hangers disappear when I move my hat switch slightly then reappear when I move back. Also have a problem with some buildings flickering. I installed over Zinertech, then uninstalled Zinertech but still have the problem. Any advice?

Vic green

I bought REX HD Airports last week with one problem. At small fields some hangers disappear when I move my hat switch slightly then reappear when I move back. Also have a problem with some buildings flickering. I installed over Zinertech, then uninstalled Zinertech but still have the problem. Any advice?

95 % of my flying is into small airports and I haven't seen that at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Flew to Hawaii and finally enjoyed see REX HD airportz. As it was written before it applies to all default airports texture. So I had to fly from SoCal to Hawaii to enjoy the view :)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

95 % of my flying is into small airports and I haven't seen that at all. 

But are those airports much improved?

spacer.png

I'd be interested  to know this myself. I have zinertek and I'm not sure  rex airport is better or not. ? Would it be worth getting this  to replace zinertek ?

thanks

I'd be interested  to know this myself. I have zinertek and I'm not sure  rex airport is better or not. ? Would it be worth getting this  to replace zinertek ?

thanks

I have Zinertek, albeit uninstalled, and the short answer is Yes.

The main reason is that REX has multiple textures for each element, so you have something like eight (could be more) different jetways to choose from.   Same for hangers, etc.

I removed it sometime ago, but I seem to recall that Zinertek had only one texture for each scenery element.

If I had one gripe with REX it is that you can't create a theme without specifying textures for all of the elements instead of being able to leave a few blank, so default or previous REX4 textures are not overwritten.

Zinertek had the same issue, which is why I uninstalled it..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

The textures are improved but from what I have seen on screenshots the airports (obviously) have the same basic feel: just a few boxes thrown on the ground. I think the effect is nicer on airports that are quite okay by default. There is a Dutch proverb for this: 'Al draagt een aap een gouden ring, het is en blijft een lelijk ding'. (English translation: Even if a monkey wears a golden ring, it will still be an ugly creature., English equivalent: A golden bit does not make the horse any better.) I decided to pass on this one. But I can understand some will love it. But if I actually want to enjoy an airport (usually I just enjoy the flight), I rather load an addon one.

"DaveCT2003" wrote

"I'm presently writing a guide to explain how FSX/P3D Payware/Freeware Scenery and AFCADs work in the sim, and how, when and where REX custom textures would be applied. I should have it done by the end of the weekend, and I'll make it available here."

I'm looking forward to reading this guide!

A great initiative.

I'd be interested in a list of the default objects that are retextured ... I've just started build my own small airfields and would like to know whether the objects I use (small hangers and other airport buildings and objects) are improved...

Cheers

Keith

Keith, the custom buildings that you pick from the stock object libraries aren't affected at all.