Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

This is default EGLL

That looks awesome for default! I really LOVE all those parked planes out there! (Don't mind if they move or not as long as it looks populated.)

you're killing me...but what about no independence from the Laminar Authorize Server?

LOL Nowadays almost everything is 'in the cloud' and personally I love it. Soooooo easy. I wouldn't want to go back. And I suppose that IF (ever) a developer goes out of business we will get the chance to unlock things permanently somehow.

Nobody else seeing tearing . Only present in cockpit mode and full screen video.

No tearing here with my GTX780.

Anyone running this at 4K successfully?

I can't get more than a few seconds into a flight before I get a graphics driver crash - TDR error - which appears terminal and requires a system reboot to recover (a GTX 980). Before dying, FPS are dismal - maybe a few FPS. Sliders are mostly set low. Brand new to XP so I admit I don't really know much about the app.

EDIT: even at 1920X1080, my GPU is crashing. Don't even know where to start troubleshooting. Oh well. Maybe when the public release comes out. Sigh.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Nobody else seeing tearing . Only present in cockpit mode and full screen video.

Nope..no tearing at this end.  I now have about a 90 minute install of North America, Alaska, Central America, South America, England, Norway, Australia...etc, etc....  can't wait!

"Let the XP 11 games begin...and oh...I blame J van E for this!  Yeah...YOU.....:)"

• Upvote 1

This is default EGLL

Ok, XP11 full version installed. Went to Europe. All airports I visited were completely empty. Even EHAM. So I guess I will have to look for some hopefully freeware addons...? Because I can't imagine anyone liking those empty airports. :wink: Another thing I noticed is that the roads may be accurately positioned, but the houses aren't. I took of from Soesterberg and there were houses near every road where there are no houses at all in real life. I know, I know, this is all default... :wink: I will have to figure out how to get things a bit more realistic, I guess...

Is there a list somewhere that shows me all airports that do have buildings? Then I will limit myself to those for now.

Ok, XP11 full version installed. Went to Europe. All airports I visited were completely empty. Even EHAM. So I guess I will have to look for some hopefully freeware addons...? Because I can't imagine anyone liking those empty airports. :wink: Another thing I noticed is that the roads may be accurately positioned, but the houses aren't. I took of from Soesterberg and there were houses near every road where there are no houses at all in real life. I know, I know, this is all default... :wink: I will have to figure out how to get things a bit more realistic, I guess...

Is there a list somewhere that shows me all airports that do have buildings? Then I will limit myself to those for now.

Jeroen...have you cross added anything yet, from your XP10.x installation?   Planes...scenery....whatever?  Just wondering as I download...

Mitch

https://gateway.x-plane.com/

I posted this on Tweakers forum not long ago ;-)

According the the Scenery Gateway EHAM should have 3D Buildings (I think this info is even displayed in the airport selection list within X-Plane). Thanks to Jan almost every single airport in Germany has 3D Buildings. The best default airport in my opinion is Frankfurt - you should definitely pay that one a visit.

As for building placement - check out HD Mesh Scenery v3 which should improve scenery accuracy quite a bit.

Jeroen...have you cross added anything yet, from your XP10.x installation?   Planes...scenery....whatever?  Just wondering as I download...

Mitch

I am totally utterly 100% new to XP so no, I haven't cross added anything because I don't have anything.

https://gateway.x-plane.com/

I posted this on Tweakers forum not long ago ;-)

Hahaha, too long ago for me to remember. Although it does ring a bell somewhere. But thanks (AGAIN! :wink: )! I will have a look and download some goodies!

Can anyone else confirm that the perf init page in the FMC is unavailable? Do you guys think this is a design choice or it's not yet implemented?

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Quite a resource hog it seems, apparently an i7-6700K and a GTX 1080 can't quite handle the max settings. Hoping this is something that will improve before release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLwucNTDrmg

I wouldn't bet on it. There won't be any hardware which can run X-Plane totally maxed out and still deliver rock solid 30fps in all situations. That was the case in any flight sim, in X-Plane 10, and i don't think that will change in 11.

I have a decent system (4790K @4.8ghz, 32GB ram, Titan X, SSDs) but in XP 10 I can't guarantee 30fps in all situations with everything maxed out, even at "just" 1080p and without any AI traffic.

Well, after installing the HD meshes and calibrating my joystick properly, I'm pretty impressed. The lighting really is superb and the terrain shadows work with it to make an extremely plausible environment. I can put sliders pretty far right and keep reasonable frames before any optimisation so that bodes well for the future.

And some of the my XP10 planes which looked so so then look amazing in XP11 (Pipistrel Panthera and Lancair Legacy).

I'm more optimistic about this sim than any other. 

Any news on when the gateway airports will be put in the sim?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

According the the Scenery Gateway EHAM should have 3D Buildings (I think this info is even displayed in the airport selection list within X-Plane). Thanks to Jan almost every single airport in Germany has 3D Buildings. The best default airport in my opinion is Frankfurt - you should definitely pay that one a visit.

As for building placement - check out HD Mesh Scenery v3 which should improve scenery accuracy quite a bit.

Thanks! Something more to check out...! :wink:

good luck, same boat. Im coming from p3d running 4k locked @30fps in stunning detail. I cant even get the 1080p to look decent and run a consistant 30fps in xp10. 

Anyone running this at 4K successfully?

I can't get more than a few seconds into a flight before I get a graphics driver crash - TDR error - which appears terminal and requires a system reboot to recover (a GTX 980). Before dying, FPS are dismal - maybe a few FPS. Sliders are mostly set low. Brand new to XP so I admit I don't really know much about the app.

EDIT: even at 1920X1080, my GPU is crashing. Don't even know where to start troubleshooting. Oh well. Maybe when the public release comes out. Sigh.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Any news on when the gateway airports will be put in the sim?

Hmm, In my version the gateway airports are there.