Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

I hope that they add a haze slider so that I do not lose what I'm seeing now. I love this new sim.

Has anyone tried SMP v3? DD's NYC?

It's hard to do a proper beta test with a limited area.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If Ben is reading this thread...(probably is...)

I suggest you ASAP, remove the UNLOCK/BUY solid window that blocks the very center view of the screen...and replace it with a a top right block, of the same, that allows a flight-input locked out user (past the 15 minutes of the demo mode) to continue to watch an A.I. controlled flight...so they can still make view and judgement upon a purchase, and/or if their system can handle their expectations.   Unblocking the view, dead center will not affect your sales in the negative...but in fact, will BOOST your sales potential.  

Allow the demo user to still VISUALLY interact with the demo...and this will go a long way for Laminar, to encourage XP 11 adoption.

I think this should be done, ASAP.   Allow the user more visual interaction with the product...and let the A.I. fly your plane.  This will not hurt sales...but will  in fact, encourage them!

• Upvote 1

I'm finding the graphics options very limited. You really need more separation between features, such as the reflection options, as things don't seem to scale well at all; one slider does not work well, compared to the array of options in P3D. I'm getting reasonable performance, with some stutters, but it lacks the fluidity I get with 10 and P3D.

I'm done with the demo for now, as there a way too many things that need fixing. Unless they hoping releasing a public demo in an early beta state will help them to fix issues (via crash reports) I can only see this putting people off. To me it really does not feel ready to be be released as a public beta.

And please-please model some new trees, which are utter garbage, and those hideous clouds, rather than add silly bobble head Austins. Priorities chaps :mad:

I'll maybe look again in six months.

• Upvote 3

Well...I wanted to buy the digital download, BUT...after reading that you need to have a working internet connection for random authorization...that was the hand to the forehead.  Ok...so what happens if Laminar ever disappears...so your XP Digital Download install, is finished?

With a DVD purchase, you can run it, independent of any further need to connect to the internet...or if a company's severs go off-line for any reason.  That turned me right off, a digital purchase.... :sad:

I'm finding the graphics options very limited. You really need more separation between features, such as the reflection options, as things don't seem to scale well at all; one slider does not work well, compared to the array of options in P3D. I'm getting reasonable performance, with some stutters, but it lacks the fluidity I get with 10 and P3D.

I'm done with the demo for now, as there a way too many things that need fixing. Unless they hoping releasing a public demo in an early beta state will help them to fix issues (via crash reports) I can only see this putting people off. To me it really does not feel ready to be be released as a public beta.

And please-please model some new trees, which are utter garbage, and those hideous clouds, rather than add silly bobble head Austins. Priorities chaps :mad:

I'll maybe look again in six months.

Well, on the flip side of the coin...this release, has in fact cemented my decision that not only can my system handle the full out Public Beta, but the eye-popping advance in sim technology over FSX and P3D (anything) is mind-blowing!   You load up this Public Beta...and you are in fact, in the real world.  Headlights that not only haze..but glare at you as they turn towards your plane....the best lighting engine, I have EVER seen for a flight sim.  A taxi around Seattle...at night, SOLD me on the spot.  The sounds are fabulous, and deeply immersive. For the first time, stereo immersion and sound wraps around you with headphones on....envelopes you within the sound sample.  I could go on and on...but suffice it to say...my interaction with this Beta, has me flat, sold out. 

If their digital download key allowed you to fly off-line, independent of needing to contact a Laminar authentication sever for use...I would have purchased a key this morning.  Yeah...I wanted the DVD's..but also wanted to have the 15 minutes removed...until the full release is out.   

I still see that I have to buy the DVD purchase, to allow one  Laminar-bye-bye 'proofing'.   To say that they will always be 'there'...is simply foolish.  DVD removes that out of the equation.

BTW, love the clouds...wispy, ethereal, trees look great...so I guess everybody has an opinion, and it is their personal opinion that will bring the 'plastic' to bear... (smile).  

I'll wait...no choice. Will I purchase XP11....you bet!  Public Beta made that decision for me...it's only going to get better 'n' better :dance:

I tried it for a bit last night. I'd be lying if I said it blew me away at this stage but it was a nice (slightly gentle) upgrade from xp10. I was getting similar performance to xp10 on my computer (win 10, i5 3570k, gtx 1070) - around 30-35 fps at 4k with highish settings - though it does seem slightly less 'smooth' than xp10, but it's very early in development I guess. 

Are they going to give more flexible graphics options in later releases?

Oh the other thing I wanted to ask was if you buy the game now, does the beta allow you to fly anywhere or is it still limited to ksea?

Wow...took a flight out in a lightning storm.  Love the way that the bursts lit up the ground, as I flew over.  Lovin' this....  So very real.

Oh the other thing I wanted to ask was if you buy the game now, does the beta allow you to fly anywhere or is it still limited to ksea?

You buy it and you can fly to Mars.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

exactly, calm down boetie--if you dont know what boetie means--- calm down dude 

I'm finding the graphics options very limited.

Agreed. There should/needs to be individual options to turn off things like cars or forests. I hope they add an advanced area so we can have the same settings as in v10, with also the possibility of turning down the fog, adjust gamma, etc.

Because of the extreme fog and dull colours I still prefer the visual look of XP10 (Excluding the aircraft, which look amazing). Luckily it's still early days

Yep, if you buy, it's the full simulator

Is there a way to copy my control settings from ch yoke and Go-Flight controls from 10 to 11?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Just did my first VA flight with XP11 using the default 737, overall very good.

I am seeing gateway airports, what a pleasure to have scenery from start to finish without having to faff about downloading them. 

Plugins apparently working are XPUIPC 2.0.0.47, FlyWithLUA 2.44, NOAA weather 2.42 (with Python 2.7.12), and Simcoders' Headshake 1.5.

Still get a feeling there's too much haze with real weather, which spoils the nice view even on a clear day.

Because of the extreme fog and dull colours I still prefer the visual look of XP10 (Excluding the aircraft, which look amazing). Luckily it's still early days

At first, I thought the haze in XP11 was ok, but indeed after a comparison with XP10 it's certainly stronger, probably a bit too much. However, apart from the overdone haze, I think the new lighting in XP11 is better and more realistic than XP10, and very promising for the future when improvements and tweaks are to be expected.

Here is a comparison (using my atmospheric tweaks in both). You can see the overdone haze in XP11, but also the potential improvements in realism it brings.

XP10:

gIlVg8Q.jpg

XP11:

rWvsGZO.jpg

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]