Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

Well, I tested it and didn't liked it, the same story as any XP10 demo so far. Why in the world making a PUBLIC BETA a demo?! It is a infinite loop, not serving anyone. How can I test it properly when I will be greeted with that annoying window after 10 minutes, killing my controls, and on top of all I can't close the window?! How can I purchase it when I can't test it properly?!

So at the moment, only XP fans can test it properly, and again LR will lose a lot of potential customers. Sad but true.

I will not uninstall XP11 demo yet, but I will not certainly purchase it just to test it, as I'm not even close to think this is a next gen sim. 

the beta is not for you. read the developer announcement about the beta. http://developer.x-plane.com/

XP11 pre-owners are offered a full beta non restriction -"if they want"- to start tasting it and interested on offering feedback. Still pre.owners are not obligated to install the beta and suffer crashes, performance issues, etc.

No-XP11 owners are not  elegible for an unlocked beta install. Yes, it is your right not to buy XP11 until you think you are ready to buy it if ever.

Please understand the beta is not to promote a perfect product and attract potential customers. The beta it to test XP against thousand of hardware vs os vs drivers vs users configuration that the developers can not even replicate/test. You will notice some users report same or better performance while others report unusable. This is the idea of the beta.

Anyone expecting to decide purchase or not, compare, etc. based on a beta does not understand what a beta is for.

• Upvote 5

Manuel Merelles

Well, I tested it and didn't liked it, the same story as any XP10 demo so far. .....

Frustration is high on my side really, I really want to like XP after numerous tries, but honestly LR is not letting me with their policy. Their loss.

A beta is a beta ... is a beta ... is a beta ... is a beta ...

Some people seem not to understand what a beta is ....

the beta is not for you. read the developer announcement about the beta. http://developer.x-plane.com/

XP11 pre-owners are offered a full beta non restriction -"if they want"- to start tasting it and interested on offering feedback. Still pre.owners are not obligated to install the beta and suffer crashes, performance issues, etc.

No-XP11 owners are not  elegible for an unlocked beta install. Yes, it is your right not to buy XP11 until you think you are ready to buy it if ever.

Please understand the beta is not to promote a perfect product and attract potential customers. The beta it to test XP against thousand of hardware vs os vs drivers vs users configuration that the developers can not even replicate/test. You will notice some users report same or better performance while others report unusable. This is the idea of the beta.

Anyone expecting to decide purchase or not, compare, etc. based on a beta does not understand what a beta is for.

+1

I just did a 10 minutes test (I have to go to bed) and so far, for a beta it looks/feels/flies/... good. Time to calm down. Life goes on, even without flight sims :Tounge:

• Upvote 4

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

While you are right, you've completely missed the prior poster's point - which is to question a strategy that ultimately hurts the platform by starting off with a bad first impression to the public. Sure it's our right not to do a beta and wait for the final version. But at the end of the day things like "word of mouth", social media "first-looks" etc. don't wait for the final version to start issuing judgements.

And like it or not, but these judgements end up influencing the broader flightsim community at large on whether they want to purchase the software.

Personally, I'd rather the developer do a private beta with selected users and give the public a final version because I know you can't stop the world from issuing judgements.

And this from someone who is rooting for XP11.

the beta is not for you. read the developer announcement about the beta. http://developer.x-plane.com/

No-XP11 owners are not elegible for an unlocked beta install. Yes, it is your right not to buy XP11 until you think you are ready to buy it if ever.

• Upvote 2

bought it

installed

moved xp10 default scene to fly quick

Great Stuff !!

much smother - and visually  improved

this sim will go a loooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg way !!!

• Upvote 3

Downloading now. About 45 minutes to go. So, turn off reflections, terrain shadows and clouds you say?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Atmospheric haze is hugely variable by location and time of year. I used to do a lot of commercial aerial photography years ago. I've seen everything from thick haze in urban areas, to crystal clear air in places like the drier parts of Mexico, and over the Caribbean.

Yes yes we know, you tell us all so very often

Well, I tested it and didn't liked it, the same story as any XP10 demo so far. Why in the world making a PUBLIC BETA a demo?! It is a infinite loop, not serving anyone. How can I test it properly when I will be greeted with that annoying window after 10 minutes, killing my controls, and on top of all I can't close the window?! How can I purchase it when I can't test it properly?!

So at the moment, only XP fans can test it properly, and again LR will lose a lot of potential customers. Sad but true.

I will not uninstall XP11 demo yet, but I will not certainly purchase it just to test it, as I'm not even close to think this is a next gen sim. 

Frustration is high on my side really, I really want to like XP after numerous tries, but honestly LR is not letting me with their policy. Their loss.

You can test it properly by buying it. Simples. If you're not a fan maybe you should could find somewhere else to be.

I bought it, runs terrible. maybe its installed incorrectly. my GPU is not really being used at all. 

You can test it properly by buying it. Simples. If you're not a fan maybe you should could find somewhere else to be.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I bought it, runs terrible. maybe its installed incorrectly. my GPU is not really being used at all. 

Can't even begin to help you with that without such basic information as of what components is your system comprised. It's helpful to put those basics in your sig.

Edit: One consistent thread to the current conversation is that this is a beta. One can reasonably expect it to be a pig.

The devs have done a fantastic job. I wonder if I could use "Murmur's" cloud fix? They make a huge fps difference in XP10.

As of now, XP11 uses the same clouds/skycolors bitmaps as XP10, FlyWithLua is compatible, and the datarefs used in XP10 also work in XP11.

However, there are some additional cloud datarefs, and apparently there have been some changes in how some datarefs control the depiction of clouds.

That being said, I am testing my cloud tweaks and with some changes I'm getting good improvements compared to default:

ALEKyGo.jpg

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Could be CPU limited, check your settings.

Of course it runs terribly. Has nobody in this thread bothered to read the release notes? I can't believe so many people are missing this really obvious fact.

Poor fps is one of the primary bugs. It's right there direct from the devs. It says don't cry about poor fps as it isn't optimised yet.

Does nobody read things any more? This is a prime example of why companies do closed betas.

Chris

• Upvote 5

As of now, XP11 uses the same clouds/skycolors bitmaps as XP10, FlyWithLua is compatible, and the datarefs used in XP10 also work in XP11.

However, there are some additional cloud datarefs, and apparently there have been some changes in how some datarefs control the depiction of clouds.

That being said, I am testing my cloud tweaks and with some changes I'm getting good improvements compared to default:

ALEKyGo.jpg

Excellent, was hoping you'd started experimenting:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

WOW!me and the xplane community aren't getting off to a good start. people telling me im crying when im asking for help.... man , what a turn off.  I know its a beta and I read that there can be FPS issues, but my god its running at 12 fps on a top of the line system..... 6600k @4.8ghz and 980ti OCed 32gb 3000 ram. others with much lesser specs are reporting its running just fine, so whats the issue? My gpu is running at 20% compared to 99% on xp10, there must be something turned off. Now , if someone cares to give me any advice other than informing me its a beta and what do I expect or that im crying i would appreciate it! Ive been simming for 20 years on fsx so forgive me if im not familiar with xplane. How can one test a product when it doesnt even run?? I want to give xplane a 2nd try but man this isnt a nice way to treat fellow simmers. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Once installed can I safely uninstall XP10?

Please no, don't uninstall 10, unless you want to start all over again.  11 is beta, not an RTM. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

ALEKyGo.jpg

Good news. I'll give it a test.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.