Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

@Murmur i need your tweaks as I lost them all , sorry to be putting it here. 

Yeah that haze too much , i am sure it will get better with updates, imagine great wx with the great ligthing

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Something 'simple' that made me go WHAT?! WOW! the first time I started the XP11 demo was the curved ground (or whatever you call it). I only saw a short part of the runway ahead of me and when I looked left I saw airplanes at the gates disappear behind the curved ground. If you know what I mean. I suddenly made me realise how flat things are in P3D. Things looked real and in the proper perspective!

I do have to get used to the default view though: it's a bit too close to the panel somehow. I already changed the view from 60 to 62 to make it a bit better.

Pity all planes pull to the left at this moment. And that the haze is a bit too much.

Another pity is that we have TWO TOPICS about XP11 and the beta: I posted earlier on in the other topic but now here: I would love it if one of both would be closed because it is a bit hard to track two topics and post in both...

looks promising on demo getting screen tearing on full screen in cockpit. New to x plane any ideas whichever combination of v sync does not work . On GTX 1070 .FSX I remember had to be tweaked to work long forgot these issues with PD

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Something 'simple' that made me go WHAT?! WOW! the first time I started the XP11 demo was the curved ground (or whatever you call it). I only saw a short part of the runway ahead of me and when I looked left I saw airplanes at the gates disappear behind the curved ground. If you know what I mean. I suddenly made me realise how flat things are in P3D. Things looked real and in the proper perspective!

I do have to get used to the default view though: it's a bit too close to the panel somehow. I already changed the view from 60 to 62 to make it a bit better.

Pity all planes pull to the left at this moment. And that the haze is a bit too much.

Another pity is that we have TWO TOPICS about XP11 and the beta: I posted earlier on in the other topic but now here: I would love it if one of both would be closed because it is a bit hard to track two topics and post in both...

this feature is called "runways follow terrain contour". Runways are not flat on real life. search some youtube videos, once you know you will see them always.

You have 2 main options to control your camera (pilot head) position.

-FOV field of view 65 is a nice standard setting. monitor resolution and size plays a factor here to adjust.

-You can also move the camera forward or backguards so you are not too close to the windshield. I do use '.'forward & ',' backguard. Do not remember that was the default or i set those. You can check on key assignments

watch this video a bit to have an idea how crazy runway terrain can be unnoticed by common passengers

https://youtu.be/sgvYSAxwNCg?t=4m9s

Manuel Merelles

I would love it if one of both would be closed because it is a bit hard to track two topics and post in both...

Agreed. I've closed the other topic as both topics contain pretty much the same stuff. We can use this one to discuss this beta.

It's called sloped runways and this feature was / is already in XP 10. Yea some of my planes pull to the left too but it's early days and is a beta which everyone should try and remember ;-) I'm happy so far but will still continue to use XP 10 until XP 11 becomes of age and I have tweaked it to my liking.

Agreed. I've closed the other topic as both topics contain pretty much the same stuff. We can use this one to discuss this beta.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

sloped runways

Ah, yes, that was it. :wink:

I just did another short 15 minutes flight and boy... taking off from that airport and then seeing ALL that detail smoothly pass by... totally awesome. Never experienced that in P3D. Not even close. Looks great. I am also beginning to wonder if the colors of XP11 are actually bland or if P3D(FSX) just was too saturated and 'full'... but maybe the truth lies in the middle. XP certainly gives a better impression of a sun actually shining! Really loving it so far but I think I will await the first beta patches before I actually purchase XP11. Just to be sure. :wink:

And btw the trees don't look as bad when you fly compared to what you see on screenshots. Imho. I just love how the groundtextures in cities only show GROUND. As it should. And no baked in buildings. Ok, it may make things look a little bit empty but I like it and as long as I fly in places where I've never been I might get used to it. Always hated that baked in stuff with autogen and routes put on it totally out of place. I am kinda curious to what Orth4XP can do for me, combined with autogen (like Norway Pro someone is working on) but that'll have to wait until I bought the full version, I guess.

The new camera system is very smooth. 

Is there any way to pan around with the mouse button 3 ("virtual look") or do I have to assign it? 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Really loving it so far but I think I will await the first beta patches before I actually purchase XP11. Just to be sure. :wink:

Ah, what the heck. BOUGHT IT! It's installing Europe right now: can't wait to give XP11 a go there!!! :smile:

Ah, what the heck. BOUGHT IT! It's installing Europe right now: can't wait to give XP11 a go there!!! :smile:

This is default EGLL

full.png

• Upvote 2

you're killing me...but what about no independence from the Laminar Authorize Server?

Ah h*ll....I want it too...going to soon join you guys....the 15 minutes is getting old...LOL.

• Upvote 1

looks promising on demo getting screen tearing on full screen in cockpit. New to x plane any ideas whichever combination of v sync does not work . On GTX 1070 .FSX I remember had to be tweaked to work long forgot these issues with PD

Nobody else seeing tearing . Only present in cockpit mode and full screen video.

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d