Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

I've just downloaded, I seem to get good performance (iMac 2014, i7/32GB). What I couldn't find is the menu for changing graphics settings. I can where to edit a flight (time, weather, aircraft, etc.), and the main menu, but neither seems to give me the graphics menu/.

I also noted that the view panning with the hat switch is quite slow. Maybe I need to go fund the key/button binding settings.

Thanks- Bruce.

WOW!me and the xplane community aren't getting off to a good start. people telling me im crying when im asking for help.... man , what a turn off

Not just aimed at you. I'm venting because sometimes I feel nobody else reads things like release motes and then complains or asks for help when they obviously haven't helped themselves first.

Here is a quote from the release noyes

"Low frame rate – we are still optimizing rendering; please do not report low framerate unless you see < 5 fps on low settings."

If you haven't tried setting everything to low and can't maintain 5fps then there is nothing wrong. Seeing as you already said you have 12fps not on low it's clear you haven't read the beta release notes.

Don't take it personally wiler, it was more a vent at the community as the thread is full of people not reading them.

I could have posted how it is an unoptimised piece of....well you know. I almost did post about poor performance if you done take certain things into accoun. Then I read what Ben had written in the notes and realised that if the devs are saying it runs badly then thats how it is for now.

Literally every complaint in this thread is mentioned in the notes from sky colours and problems to the 172 interior and instrument and glass issues.

Chris

• Upvote 3

Unfortunatly , first impressions are always what stick. Not so sure making a public beta is a good idea with people who judge a product as if its a RTM version. Apparently people dont know what beta means.

I personally had pretty decent fps, but had a ton of micro stutters oddly enough. But couldnt fly well. I was zoomed way in, and it refused to zoom out no matter the mappings.

I think it looked quite plausible given its an out of box default. Sure I had a bunch of other odd things going on, but again, its beta and they are mentioned in the list. Once the bugs are ironed out, performance tweaked, and some addons to dress it up, im sure this will be a nice alternative. People just need to keep an open mind.

Everyone is so critical nearly instantaneously. Same thing will happen when DTGFS comes out. They will beat it to a pulp.

Simulators like these take years to mature.

• Upvote 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I am positively surprised. They must have learnt from the XP-10 launch. This is really impressive. Looks great and seems to perform better than xp10

• Upvote 1

Someone seems to forget PR3D costs $ 200 unless you want to cheat and copewith that nice write in the sky (at least there was when I tried), XP11 a fourth of that.

When I moved to XP10 from PR3D it took 30 minutes of demo to realize the better immersion of flying I had in XP10, a demo is for that, to understand if you can run a SIM and you like the style.

Let's consider that both FSX and PR3D are crap out of the box, I don't think there's anyone on this planet that can fly vanilla PR3D for long without starting to spend tons of bucks on addons.

I really enjoyed the new interface, I'd like to have though more flexibility on settings (no clouds density, no roads density, no traffic, no vegetation density) in short we need more power like before, sounds are great, visual is great though as said before haze is overpowered. But XP11 lights at sunset with haze is...WOW...just tell me someone can move back to those bulb massive billboard texture of OrbX...

• Upvote 1

No perfomance-problems on my end. My windows-system has pretty much the recommended hardware and XP11 runs just fine with about the same settings as XP10 and 30+FPS 

F.

• Upvote 2

LOL, there is also an Easter egg in the 737 toilets

Do you mean the 747? If not - how do I get out of the 737 cockpit? I can't seem to be able to open the door.

I'm really liking it so far. Looks pretty impressing to me. Can't wait for a new PC.

But for now I'm really missing all the rendering options and checkboxes from XP10, argh..

That's a kinda tough pill to swallow for me...

I actually loved it, the new interface works for me, I always gave up before.

I love that there are airport buildings and hangars, are they everywhere in the Beta and full program?

I loved the night lighting, and ther traffic, it looked real aT DUSK.

mY PERFORMANCE WAS AMAZING, EVEN AFTER i INCREASED THE SETTINGS, NOT ALL THE WAY YET THOUGH. Sorry for the caps, nerve damage and looking down to type.

I did not like the overly sensitive controls but I will experiment with the settings. I may just buy this later on.

XPBaron58.jpg

XP747.jpg
  • Upvote 3

Aaron Tirrell

Do you mean the 747? If not - how do I get out of the 737 cockpit? I can't seem to be able to open the door.

Yep, the 747 sorry.

Have the settings very high and looks good. FPS, gpu and cpu usage is low. Love the new interface as the setup for the controls is great. Briefly trying the ATC  and though a work in progress looks way better than any previous version. One button pulls up the ATC frequencies and ability to file the flightplan right there. Very bright and realistic outside. Love the clear contours of the runways. Have i7-4790 3.5ghz, 1080AMPextreme 8gb.

Amped up the settings more and still getting smooth flying: 8XSSAA+FXAA, Texture High, HDR High, world objects maximum, Reflection detail high.

Turned up the weather detail to heavy precipitation. Flying the MD82 which looks great inside. Access to the map while flying which shows precipitation. Looking really nice.

Me, too.  I have everything capped at Maximum now.  I did have World Objects, at High, but have since taken that slider to Max as well.  I can't understand that some are posting 12 FPS!  I have a CPU that has been around for at least 6 years...and I am running (even with clouds and rain!) at between 22-29/33  FPS.  This beta was my test bed, and as far as I am concerned, my 6 year old system can handle full settings just fine around the demo Seattle area.  The new airports ROCKS!   Like I said...full non-beta release...DVD...bring 'em on.....

Here's a DEMO MODE tip:   Just before you run out of time (15 minutes before your flight controls are locked out...)   Set up a flight, and then quickly set A.I. Has Your Plane.   Even when you get the dead-center blue box, asking you to install and/or buy the sim,  Just move your perspective of view, either up or down, to minimize its blocking impact..and then just sit back and allow the A.I. to taxi, take off, fly around the area...land again...etc.  You can really then focus on what is new in the sim, how it looks...and if you have your FPS readings set for COCKPIT, you can monitor that reading as the A.I. is controlling your airplane of choice....and see if generally, under what settings you put up or down...exactly what to expect of your present system, etc.

Try that...it extends the experience for you.

• Upvote 1