Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

Can you post a pic, I haven't been able to reactivate SMP so stuck with default clouds (in other words clear skies)

Anyone else having joystick or other flight control issues? I just installed the full beta 11. It loads fine and looks great, but I can't get it to connect any of my flight controls. 

It recognizes my controllers -- Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle quadrant, Saitek Combat Pro rudder pedals. It shows nice pretty pictures of them and leads me through the calibration. All the axes show movement on the blue bars where you assign functions. But when the sim loads, none of the controls do anything.

I'll file a bug report, but is anyone else seeing this, and is there a quick fix?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Anyone else having joystick or other flight control issues? I just installed the full beta 11. It loads fine and looks great, but I can't get it to connect any of my flight controls. 

It recognizes my controllers -- Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle quadrant, Saitek Combat Pro rudder pedals. It shows nice pretty pictures of them and leads me through the calibration. All the axes show movement on the blue bars where you assign functions. But when the sim loads, none of the controls do anything.

I'll file a bug report, but is anyone else seeing this, and is there a quick fix?

Yes. I can assign the controls but they don't work in any aircraft, i am using Logitech attack 3. I have already filed a bug report.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

My Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Saitek Combat rudder pedals work perfectly fine straight away. I changed a few buttons too and all is good. Windows 10 here.

Concerning those cloud addons: default clouds kill fps: do those addons also remedy this? Or do they only give you better looking clouds while still killing fps?

Not sure were all the performance complaints are coming from, i am running at 3440x1440 and this sim is as smooth as silk, the performance is night and day compared to P3D (my main sim).  The UI is a massive improvement it's now i would say better than P3D / FSX.  The included aircraft are much improved as well, the 737 looks really good, perhaps even looks as good as the PMDG 737NGX.

The weather still looks awful, dusk in overcast conditions produced a dome that looked like something from a Commodore 64 and it still has the default X-Plane roads that go nowhere or run into the Airport scenery.

I like it, i'll probably give this a buy in the hope Active Sky start developing for X-Plane.

Ian R Tyldesley

I believe it's nvidia control panel creating the issue. Being an Open GL game users need to turn OFF threaded optimization. If you were a previous XP10 user like myself it probably was already set to off.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well folks, I have 'officially' moved over from XP10, to XP11

All my 3rdP software, weather, sounds, etc...are fully re-licensed and operational.  Ventura Sky works very well. All plug-ins work, and are fully accepted by the platform.  Licenses as well.

No crashes.

All my 123 GB's of XP goodness is fully accepted by XP11, no crashes...just looks great.   MESH HD and Ultra HD look great!

I am right now sitting at my custom F.B.O. at the gate, at KFNT, in pause with the Boeing 737-800 FMC'ed towards KMIA...and ready to taxi to the active at Dusk.

Running at 33 FPS...and the sim looks simply fabulous.  I have no operational complaints, snafu's...or a need to run higher than what my 33 FPS is giving me, with a fully cranked wild XP11.   Man...this is a rough in the shed, pre Beta release...and is only going to get better 'n better.  I see no need to go back to XP10, quite frankly.  

XP11 is hot and ready to roll....

Happy XP11 flying yourselves.....over 'n out.

I was having issues too. I'm not in front of my computer but let's use your throttle quadrant as an example .Try reassigning your throttle axis as "throttle 1" instead of "throttle".

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I was having issues too. I'm not in front of my computer but let's use your throttle quadrant as an example .Try reassigning your throttle axis as "throttle 1" instead of "throttle".

Thanks, but it already picked up the Warthog as Throttle 1 (and Throttle 2 for the other half, it's a split 2-engine quadrant). The other flight controls aren't working either, even though they all appear to be calibrated, so there's something deeper going on under the hood.

I had the bright idea that it might be that the sim wanted to run in Administrator mode (Win 10), in order to write config settings. But I tried it and it didn't work. I did file a bug report so I guess I'll just wait for an update fix. I'm not about to try different controls, and these work fine in v10.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I believe it's nvidia control panel creating the issue. Being an Open GL game users need to turn OFF threaded optimization. If you were a previous XP10 user like myself it probably was already set to off.

Interesting. Will do that right away tomorrow. Will this improve performance in specific situations or with specific settings or will this improve performance no matter what?

Interesting. Will do that right away tomorrow. Will this improve performance in specific situations or with specific settings or will this improve performance no matter what?

No matter what.

question for someone having XP11 beta installed already:

Does the new joystick interface allows one to set a null zone for flap and speed brakes axis? it was not possible under the v10 run axis assignment.

Manuel Merelles

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....brought across my XP10 Resources Folder, and all my plug in's work...you need to re-activate your X-Aviation products, for the reactivation screen will come up...you need to be online..and have your log in information ready....but SMP, REAL Weather...Ventura Sky...(this really takes care of the heavy haze!) all work...no LUA script engine failures...

NOAA Weather....

Even my FAST FMC input....all work. Tried each one.  Reset all my SMP settings...and nothing was rejected. Nothing crashed.

Horaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Yeppers...having a blast....

Interesting. Haze much worse here with SMP and Ventura as opposed to without it.

Hans

Well folks, I have 'officially' moved over from XP10, to XP11

All my 3rdP software, weather, sounds, etc...are fully re-licensed and operational.  Ventura Sky works very well. All plug-ins work, and are fully accepted by the platform.  Licenses as well.

No crashes.

All my 123 GB's of XP goodness is fully accepted by XP11, no crashes...just looks great.   MESH HD and Ultra HD look great!

I am right now sitting at my custom F.B.O. at the gate, at KFNT, in pause with the Boeing 737-800 FMC'ed towards KMIA...and ready to taxi to the active at Dusk.

Running at 33 FPS...and the sim looks simply fabulous.  I have no operational complaints, snafu's...or a need to run higher than what my 33 FPS is giving me, with a fully cranked wild XP11.   Man...this is a rough in the shed, pre Beta release...and is only going to get better 'n better.  I see no need to go back to XP10, quite frankly.  

XP11 is hot and ready to roll....

Happy XP11 flying yourselves.....over 'n out.

What payware aircraft addons do you use?

Jay