Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

the haze is terrible along with the horrid clouds.i wish the ui kept the traffic, objects and trees seperate, outside of that, lamar research may have opened the door to alot of new simmers.i just spent a couple hours in the md80, i can't figure out how to upgrade navigraph, its not in my navigraph menu.

I also can't activate SMP and RWC. It keeps on asking me for activation even though the activation was successful on the first try. I even have the "Your products have been activated" on the top right of the screen but the activation form keeps on showing up.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Interesting. Haze much worse here with SMP and Ventura as opposed to without it.

It's cut my haze by about 30 percent. That needs work, of course.

I am at FL270 right now, heading towards KMIA via the FMC,  and am maintaining 25 FPS.   With this being a beta..and an early one...I am most impressed.  What I did not expect, was that all my paid-for 3rdP would work actually.  SoundMax sounds great as in XP10.  The clouds need rework...but being a beta release, no true complaints. I'm sure that X-Aviation will do a true XP11 redo...and let us know when it is ready. Very encouraging though, that my XP10 port over works very well.

I also can't activate SMP and RWC. It keeps on asking me for activation even though the activation was successful on the first try. I even have the "Your products have been activated" on the top right of the screen but the activation form keeps on showing up.

What you then need to do...and THIS WILL WORK..is run your product installers again. That will bring up the X-Aviation log in screen.  Fill your info out...make sure you make the installer see your XP11 folder...and away you will go. I had to do that with SoundMaxxk, even though it said that it was authorized. With installing it again from the actual installer program...it took and is now fully functional.

Can you post a pic, I haven't been able to reactivate SMP so stuck with default clouds (in other words clear skies)

Tony, fire up the SMP installer program. Enter your log in info...point the installer to your XP11 Folder...and it WILL WORK.  

I had the X-Aviation authorize license screen come up within the sim...and authorized.  Even though SoundMaxx said that all was good, it wasn't. I had to shut down, and reinstall from the actual product installer. I pointed to my new XP11 Folder..and it did its work.  I fired back up XP11, and all was well. I set the sounds to what I wanted...and they engaged.  SMP is working flawlessly. and independent of the flight weather slider, as it does within XP10.x  

Tony, just came back to say that I now have a solid scud layer that is below me, with the sun shining off of it!!!!  Yep...SMP absolutely works as it does for XP10.  I'm at 27,000 feet and it looks great, for a non tweaked XP11 specific cloud art.

Phenom300_6.png

Phenom300_7.png

Phenom300_8.png

Phenom300_9.png
Phenom300_10.png

Phenom300_11.png[

Phenom300_16.png

Phenom300_17.png

I always have SMP set for 5,500 feet surround...so about a mile around my X/Y.

Here's just some random shots of my working KFNT...brought over from XP10:

I believe it's nvidia control panel creating the issue. Being an Open GL game users need to turn OFF threaded optimization. If you were a previous XP10 user like myself it probably was already set to off.

Thanks. That fixed my stutters! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Some of my aircraft are stymied with the following message:

Go to the panel editor and put in a new FMS/GPS for the pilots side.

Anybody know how to make this modification?

Thanks.

Jim Morgan

Some of my aircraft are stymied with the following message:

Go to the panel editor and put in a new FMS/GPS for the pilots side.

Anybody know how to make this modification?

Thanks.

If you can't, you'll need to wait until someone edits the plane in Plane Maker, and places into the instrument panel the updated FMS that XP11 now uses. Once that is done...you can fly it within XP11.

Well folks, I have 'officially' moved over from XP10, to XP11

Running at 33 FPS...and the sim looks simply fabulous.  

Hi Mitch-  what resolution are you running @ 33fps?

Well, after fooling around with XP some more I have to say that the daytime flying has its ups and downs (a lot of downs) due to the scenery not being too good but the nighttime flying is totally awesome. Never seen anything like this before. Performance is GREAT at night too LOL A lot better than during daytime. I was blown away with the lighting on the ground... Those little lights aren't hovering bulbs as in P3D but actual little lights! And seeing the lights of my Cessna illuminating the ground... and I was even more blown away when my lights caught a parked airliner...! It looks stunning! Again, P3D doesn't even come CLOSE to this!!! The light is so soft and real! Totally real! In P3D all lights seem to be some sort of stuck texture you move around (looking as it if its 8 bit too) but this... stunning.

So for now I probably will use P3D for daytime flying and XP11 for the other times of day. :wink:

Hey Jeroen,

Try taxiing under the apron, hangar lights... heck land on a road and taxi under a streetlight.   What you'll see is something you've NEVER seen in FSX, P3D.  That light source will light up your plane, and even cast a shadow behind it, just as in real life.  And if your plane is big enough, only the part of the plane that is affected by that light will actually be lit.  

That is the wow factor for me!

Oh...and if you watch the ground vehicles, their lights also light up whatever they touch....other vehicles, planes, hangars, etc.  You have never seen that in those 32bit sims either. :smile:  

In this screen, you can see that the terminal lighting is only illuminating the front part of the Air Canada A320.  You can also see the baggage loader has a spotlight splashing on the terminal.  And if you look closely enough you can see the bottom nose of the Delta MD being lit by the tug's headlights.

vdzdwF.jpg

• Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

If you can't, you'll need to wait until someone edits the plane in Plane Maker, and places into the instrument panel the updated FMS that XP11 now uses. Once that is done...you can fly it within XP11.

Hi, Thanks for the info. I went into Plane Maker and tried to make the mods. There was a similar problem in XP10, but the "Systems" page has changed. It was easy, but I can't find or remember any other details.

Jim Morgan

Disabling multi-threading in Nvidia Inspector still gives more fps, as in xp10.

Also have Vsync in NI.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Disabling multi-threading in Nvidia Inspector still gives more fps, as in xp10.

Also have Vsync in NI.

what should vsynch be set to in ni?

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Well folks, I have 'officially' moved over from XP10, to XP11

All my 3rdP software, weather, sounds, etc...are fully re-licensed and operational.  Ventura Sky works very well. All plug-ins work, and are fully accepted by the platform.  Licenses as well.

No crashes.

All my 123 GB's of XP goodness is fully accepted by XP11, no crashes...just looks great.   MESH HD and Ultra HD look great!

I am right now sitting at my custom F.B.O. at the gate, at KFNT, in pause with the Boeing 737-800 FMC'ed towards KMIA...and ready to taxi to the active at Dusk.

Running at 33 FPS...and the sim looks simply fabulous.  I have no operational complaints, snafu's...or a need to run higher than what my 33 FPS is giving me, with a fully cranked wild XP11.   Man...this is a rough in the shed, pre Beta release...and is only going to get better 'n better.  I see no need to go back to XP10, quite frankly.  

XP11 is hot and ready to roll....

Happy XP11 flying yourselves.....over 'n out.

Congrats!

Mitch,

Your enthusiasm is contagious. I'm about to do the same thing with all my XP addons. I could not wait for the dvd's to be released. :smile:

1) Did you move all your sceneries & libraries and they all work?

2) Re-install SMP v3, RWC, and Soundmax.

3) Need to check the Saab.

4) Move all plug-ins except for RTH?

5) Move the payware planes.

I've been checking the org forums and my Go Flight modules should work.

I'm looking forward to testing all my sceneries and airplanes.

To say that I'm impressed with the xp 11 demo would be an understatement.

TKS

what should vsynch be set to in ni?

1/2 refresh rate

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Congrats!

Mitch,

Your enthusiasm is contagious. I'm about to do the same thing with all my XP addons. I could not wait for the dvd's to be released. :smile:

1) Did you move all your sceneries & libraries and they all work?

2) Re-install SMP v3, RWC, and Soundmax.

3) Need to check the Saab.

4) Move all plug-ins except for RTH?

5) Move the payware planes.

I've been checking the org forums and my Go Flight modules should work.

I'm looking forward to testing all my sceneries and airplanes.

To say that I'm impressed with the xp 11 demo would be an understatement.

TKS

1/2 refresh rate

Having a blast with XP11.

Firstly, I made a copy of the Custom Scenery Folder that generated with the full XP11 install.  After that, I copied my entire XP10 Custom Scenery folder, into the XP11 counterpart.  123 GB's !   When that finished, I then copied BACK what originally was within the Custom Scenery Folder of XP11. I allowed whatever to be overwritten...so they would be the original XP11 of whatever was named.

I then moved a few payware (for testing...unknown quantum here) for instance moved a copy of the Kodiak to my XP11 Aircraft Folder.   Made folders that mimic the same names within the XP10 Aircraft Folder.  I then placed a few planes,  3rdP as well as freeware/donationware.  

You need to have XP11 generate the scenery.log file, so you can properly once more, put mesh and ortho at the very bottom of the list, by cut and paste.  Having done that...I fired up XP11 once more, and tested the Eclipse v2.0  While XP11 said that it could run it...it stated that the FMC/GPS had to be swapped out by means of Plane Maker to the updated version that XP11 expects to be installed.  

I then ran the Kodiak...and it loaded in with no complaints. Worked like a charm...

I started loading in other freeware's...like the MD11 and Tri-Star, business jets...and all worked flawlessly.

After that...I gave my attention to the Resources Folder, and looked at each open folder  the one for XP10 and the one for XP11 side-by-side. I took note of what was in the XP11, and found that there was no danger of overwriting an 'updated' same-named file from having the entire XP10 Resource Folder be placed within.  That of course will carry over all your plug ins...and 3rdP installations.

Having done that..I fired up XP11 to check for outright sim crash...and there was none.  After I placed myself at an airport, the X-Aviation license box came up requiring a re-license for this installation. I did that...and although all my X-Aviation licenses stated green and accepted, SoundMaxx  when accessed stated there was something wrong with the license.  I then shut down XP11...and retrieved the SoundMaxx installer. I ran it, and pointed it towards my XP11 folder...and after it installed with a good-go-go message...I once more fired up XP11 and when at an airport dropped my Plug-In menu...and once more accessed SoundMaxx.  I had full use of the program, from thereon.  I would suggest, that one does use their X-Aviation installers, the first time around...and let them reinstall into your pointed to, XP11 base folder.   It will all work.  I have pictures of the sky output generated from a fully working SMP.

That's about it.  You have to try each XP10 plane, and see if you need to modify (insert) the updated FMC/GPS instrument into the instrument panel, via XP11's Plane Maker, that comes with the full download.  If you can't do that, yourself, we can only hope that those familiar around this software, will do that for us...and upload the modded for XP11 plane to Xplane.org.   They will work and be accepted by XP11, but...they do need the updated FMC to be placed into the original XP10 panel, for it to make its way to the airport...(smile).

Since everything that I had in XP10, (other than a few needs-to-be-FMC-modded planes) works...I see no reason to continue with XP10. The new lighting and reflection engine is superb in XP11..and I want to avail myself of its output!  Therefore XP11, from this beta, to the next, until a full clean RTM.

Have fun...take your time...measure twice, cut once...lol...and your cross-over will be golden.

Cheers, DJ

XP11 Mitch