Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

I am thinking of changing my pc and want to know how you guys or gals with an i7 6700 cpu and gtx 1080 are getting along with this sim? 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

@warbirds

I'm running a 4770K at 4.6 with a GTX1080 at 2k resolution and XP11 runs awesome at very high settings.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

It's odd but once again I only flew in XP11 this evening. Just some 30 minutes or so because I don't have much time but somehow the XP icon on my desktop seems more tempting than the P3D icon. There actually is much to like in XP. I won't list it all because I don't want to repeat myself.

That icon IS sexy, isn't it? :D

• Upvote 2

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I am thinking of changing my pc and want to know how you guys or gals with an i7 6700 cpu and gtx 1080 are getting along with this sim? 

Checkout the requirements on LR's website http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-system-requirements/ but you need also to tell us the speed of your cpu and how many Vrams on your graphics card also the Rams you did not tell us how much you have...

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Hi!

I have the 6700K at 4.7 Ghz and a 980TI and have absolutely stellar performance.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I think I may have found a solution to my controller issue. Per _v_ 's suggestion, I went to the X-Plane.prf and put a zero at each _joy_AXIS_use entry. I started XP11 and assigned each controller. My throttle, yoke and rudder pedals are now working as they should. I don't think it should cause a problem with anything else in XP11. Thanks to  _v_ and Arwen for your help.

You're welcome and very glad to hear you got it sorted out. Hopefully they fix up the settings interface to make debugging this type of thing easier.

You're welcome and very glad to hear you got it sorted out. Hopefully they fix up the settings interface to make debugging this type of thing easier.

This solved my issue as well! Thank you!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Did my very first complete flight just now from KRFD to KORD and XP11 completely crashed when flying above KORD... Is there any log I can see to figure out what happened? Hope this is purely a beta thing...

Did my very first complete flight just now from KRFD to KORD and XP11 completely crashed when flying above KORD... Is there any log I can see to figure out what happened? Hope this is purely a beta thing...

Root X-Plane folder, log.txt

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

log.txt under the XP directory

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thanks. Checked the log but as was to be expected I can't make any sense of it... ;)

Thanks. Checked the log but as was to be expected I can't make any sense of it... ;)

Usually the last part of the log would contain the crash info. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

You can also copy and paste it here.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

You can also copy and paste it here.

0:38:53.478 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: We should not run FM when paused!
0:38:53.478 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: The period is 0, and is sometimes divided-by!
0:38:53.478 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: We should not run FM when in replay mode!
0:38:53.478 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: Replay-mode gets data from snapshot, not FM!
0:38:53.478 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: ..\source_code\engine\fm\fm_update_central\update_threaded.cpp:207
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

FX11 wasn't paused. I have no clue what FM is. And I wasn't using the replay mode. So... no clue. :wink: The entries above this were from a few minutes before this and have nothing to do with the crash, I suppose.

FM should be the flight model. Looks like it may be a bug indeed. The advice should be to report it to: http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Remember to attach the full log.txt.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]