Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

yes, some of them works :Love:  and some of them not -> some little tweaked nightlightning I´m not sure if you can see the difference on this small shots)

or little more blue haze: (question of taste):

Can't enlarge the images , when i click them i get a site without any images 

There is a dataref for dsf which i did manipulate and gained fps but somehow it does not work. 

But i shut the reflections and HDR for now and it's like 20 fps , Ben has mentioned @dev blog that PBR will be optimized for low end systems. 

Trying a flight @Hervey Bay (after watching The Shallows) , first flight ever in that part of the world.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well, if people end up having to hack settings and datarefs to try and turn off new features it seems to defeat the point of upgrading to XP11 in the first place  :smile:. 

• Upvote 4

I have not found the option to make the runways not follow the terrain? They follow the terrain, and with the UHD mesh I'm using that's a bit too much terrain.

line 3315 of the X-Pref file in the Output/Preferences (near the bottom) open up with Notepad +

Make this the following:

renopt_sloped_runways 0

http://apxp.info is a great way to quickly find a current/good rendition of an airport :)

Marius,

This link is a real treasure, a gold mine, actually! My heartfelt thanks for posting. I don't know how I managed to miss this one over the years.

Cheers,

Tom

• Upvote 1

Can't enlarge the images , when i click them i get a site without any images

yes sorry, I used directupload.net - it´s very easy for a multiupload but I use images optimized for the forums so you can´t enlarge them.

I have no troubles with the FPS - with my rig the FPS are pretty high (even with med-high settings and 3 x 27" screens, they are only going down in heavy weather conditions and with scenery addons and I think if the new DSF is loading, so additional settings may be helpful - I prefer them to be limited through nvidiainspector at 30.5 Frames - because the settings used by nvidiacontrolpanel are not working in the fullscreen mode - can someone confirm that ? )

But this is a beta, so it´s fine !

cheers !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Well, if people end up having to hack settings and datarefs to try and turn off new features it seems to defeat the point of upgrading to XP11 in the first place  :smile:. 

Haha true till things get smoothed out. 

yes sorry, I used directupload.net - it´s very easy for a multiupload but I use images optimized for the forums so you can´t enlarge them.

I have no troubles with the FPS - with my rig the FPS are pretty high (even with med-high settings and 3 x 27" screens, they are only going down in heavy weather and with scenery addons - I prefer them to be limited through nvidiainspector at 30.5 Frames - because the settings used by nvidiacontrolpanel are not working in the fullscreen mode - can someone confirm that ? )

But this is a beta, so it´s fine !

cheers !

Alright.  is it a SLI / Xfire setup ?

Well, look on the bright side. If the devs hear about enough people hacking config files and poking around to change things because they aren't on a Settings menu, then maybe we'll get our granular v10-style menu settings back.

:smile:

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Well, look on the bright side. If the devs hear about enough people hacking config files and poking around to change things because they aren't on a Settings menu, then maybe we'll get our granular v10-style menu settings back.

Haha even this is true, miss those options.

no it´s a single card - JetStream 980Ti !

:-) !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I see that the word hasn't reached the avsim yet, but the Xplane developers are well aware that many of can't stomach the simplistic graphical options. This was the reply of one of the dev ( JRoberts ) on the X-Plane Q and A.

These features are currently bundled into the rendering sliders, but we've been hearing a lot of complaints about this so we will definitely take another look at this feature.

http://questions.x-plane.com/4902/xp11-advanced-rendering-settings

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Stewart, B.C. looks great...

HD Mesh v3.0 and the FPS are totally acceptable...even in beta!  Can't wait for the RTM...

Cirrus_SF50_12.png

Cirrus_SF50_13.png

Cirrus_SF50_14.png

Cirrus_SF50_15.png

Stewart, B.C. looks great...

But you don't use Beti-X' scenery?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

But you don't use Beti-X' scenery?

I'll check that out!

Here's Mackinac Island, Michigan.

Look at the scud...SMP...and still 30-33 FPS...I'm getting great performance, no matter where I go.  Again..can't wait for the optimized RTM release!!!!!

Cirrus_SF50_17.png

Cirrus_SF50_18.png

Cirrus_SF50_19.png

Cirrus_SF50_20.png

Cirrus_SF50_24.png

Cirrus_SF50_25.png

Cirrus_SF50_26.png

Cirrus_SF50_27.png

Cirrus_SF50_28.png

Cirrus_SF50_29.png

Cirrus_SF50_30.png

I love the vision jet but the avionics don't do anything

Does anyone else have that issue? I can't time a VOR I can't tune the comms etc.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It would seem the mesh included with XP11 doesn't go north further than 60', no wonder when I went to Alaska it was all water. At least, HD mesh still works here.

I love the vision jet but the avionics don't do anything

Same, I can't click on anything