Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

Ok, last question for today:  Is the FMC working at all? I tried to use it in all three default heavies but it does not accept any input expect for INIT. It says that the database is outdated (obviously as we are at 1612) but why are most LSK's and RSK's not functional at all?

Hans

In demo mode how to get FPS to show?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

In demo mode how to get FPS to show?

Settings/dataoutput/ check show-in-cockpit

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Settings/dataoutput/ check show-in-cockpit

Thanks for the reply.

From inside the Cessna I did not find Settings .. so I clicked on the Axes Icon upper right corner... which took me to a menu with Data button (and other selections) ...... it worked.

I now recall when starting the demo there is a Settings button ...  will try it next time.

*** Yes, Settings on the startup screen takes me to the Data Output button.

All ok.

Best Regards,

Interesting, I'll put that on my list of addons to check out.

It worked once, but when I went completely out of the program and restarted, it would not.  The problem is that if the "Enable TrackIR...." is checked, the X-Camera program will enable, but the image just jumps all around the cockpit.  This is what I had happening yesterday.  If you turn off the "Enable", TrackIR does not work at all.  Funny that it worked perfectly one time and then quit.  I expect Mark will fix it quickly.

John Wingold

Having fun with it so far. Hoping they fix the HDR so it doesn't make the clouds so dark. Getting 35-50 FPS in most circumstances with my 4790k @ 4.5, GTX 1070, and 16 GB DDR3. Finding it a little hard to understand what the platform is capable of with the default airplanes. I picked up the Carenado 206 for X10 and it works great so far. Looking forward to seeing payware planes slowly adopt the new platform so I can see what it can really do.

Car_CT206H_1_zpshw6bkipq.jpg

• Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Although the general weather engine is the same as in X-Plane 10, there is more control on the visuals with datarefs. Except for convective clouds/thunderstorms, apparently it can do a very good job with stratiform clouds.

As Ben Supnik said, the clouds are still work in progress, so these are just "spare time" personal experiments i'm doing, it does not make to make them public now since the default clouds will probably be changed in the next weeks.

I'm finding that the stock clouds looks very vastly improved over XP10. The only thing you need to do is increase the brightness of them using this dataref "set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/ambient_gain", 10.0). The only downside of this is they are also completely white at night.

I've done quite a few flights in heavies using only stock weather. I noticed that in foggy areas X-Plane's weather does a good job of drawing overcast clouds above it so you'll always know where the fog is, which is great. I also noticed that clouds redrawing is mostly eliminated and only happens when the weather is updated online. I rarely notice it. Did anyone else notice this?

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Ok, last question for today:  Is the FMC working at all? I tried to use it in all three default heavies but it does not accept any input expect for INIT. It says that the database is outdated (obviously as we are at 1612) but why are most LSK's and RSK's not functional at all?

I had that same problem.

Flew the Cessna for a bit, ate lunch, re-booted the sim and the FMS was available for the MD-82 and 737 (where it was giving me the same error you had).

Go figure.

Still, LOVE X11 and it can only go up from here.

Bill

Yup. Set everything to Throttle1, Prop1 and Mixture1 and it works. I wonder how this will work while flying multiple-engined aircraft thought (was in the cessna)

Just for info  .. this may help:

I have Saitek Yoke and two throttle quadrants (2 throttles, two Prop pitch, two mixture axes).

The yoke and its connected 3 axes throttle quadrant (two throttles and one prop pitch) are on one USB.

The second 3 axes throttle quadrant (prop pitch #2 and 2 mixture axes) are on another USB.

All did set up ok from the XP11 Demo splash screen / Settings button.

I did 3 screenshots for ref:

Saitek-Yoke-dual-Throttles%201_zpsy4mxwt

Saitek-Yoke-dual-Throttles%202_zpscvgb4n

Saitek-Yoke-dual-Throttles%203_zpsaiqp88

Best Regards,

Does XP11 use newer OSM data/more accurate mesh than XP10? I've seen conflicting info on this.

I have been using a Mac (4GB GPU, i7/4GHz), but am seeing some big performance issues with the time-limited beta, especially with clouds and reflections enabled. I thought I would do an install on my PC to compare, so I'm currently downloading. Question- While I can drag and drop the XP11 folder to anywhere on my Mac, does the same apply to the PC, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall to move XP11 to a new SSD?

Once I get the PC installation done, I will (probably next weekend) post perf data for both the Mac and PC for a similar XP setup, if it would help anyone....'

Thanks, Bruce.

Yup. Set everything to Throttle1, Prop1 and Mixture1 and it works. I wonder how this will work while flying multiple-engined aircraft thought (was in the cessna)

EDIT: Well.. as suspected that didn't work at all. Hmm. Might have to file a bug about this...?

I've been doing some testing, and if you can get a single throttle control to work on "Throttle" instead of "Throttle 1" it works on several planes I've tested to control two engines. 

Here's the problem for those of us who like to fly both GA fixed wing and helicopters. The "Throttle" setting (not Throttle 1) on an analog controller is what you need to get the sim to automatically recognize your throttle as a collective when a helicopter model loads. It will automatically combine throttle and collective (like most modern helicopters with a governor), and conveniently reverse the axis so you pull back to add collective input. 

That makes it very easy to switch back and forth between GA planes and helicopters without doing any controller assignments. If you map your throttle to "Throttle 1" it won't work. You'll need to assign another controller as the collective. 

Just posting this info for anyone who wants to fly the helicopters in v10 or v11.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Some years ago I had a cataract operation,  Before the operation the world looked like x plane.....through a mist.  Not everywhere has that degree of scattering.

Either give us the oportunity to selectively turn it on and off or vary it or get rid of it.

While you are at it I can put you on to some New Zealand deer hunters who are very good at getting rid of feral deer.

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

I've been doing some testing, and if you can get a single throttle control to work on "Throttle" instead of "Throttle 1" it works on several planes I've tested to control two engines. 

That's the problem I'm having. I can't get it to control both throttles with just one axis. I can assign them separately ok. Hopefully there will be a fix coming soon.

NAX669.png