Sign in to follow this  
N1G

GTX 1070 - So many Types/Manufacturers

Happy Saturday!

I am trying to narrow down my search for the GTX1070. Any recommendations? There seems to be so many choices. 

Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

EVGA - rock solid return policy / replacement :wink:  

Hey Richard, hope all is well with you. I can only assume that there is not much difference between boards except price.

Bob

Well there are some that are clocked higher/perform slightly better than others and thus more expensive. But then reliability counts too. I went for the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070, super quiet, barely hits 65°C and performance is outstanding :smile:

I've had two EVGA cards in the last few years, the second was an SC (super clocked). Both have performed great and ran cool. I would not hesitate to buy another of this brand when I upgrade. But these are just 'anecdotal' reports. Looking at user reviews (say NewEgg) for the different cards and manufacturers will give you a good sense of performance, reliability and support.

So many to choose from, but they are all really good. I went with an Asus Strix 1070 OC. 

Hey Richard, hope all is well with you. I can only assume that there is not much difference between boards except price.

Bob

Hi Bob - thanks hope all is well on your end - if a video card goes south which they do - evga has life time warranty and they are great cards so why take the chance

I've been sticking with eVGA for a long time now, and that's because they stand behind their warranties like few others, and they have actual (English-speaking even) humans answering the phone at customer support if you need help.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Picked up the EVGA 1070.. Thanks all, I appreciate it. Anyone interested in my EVGA 760 let me know.

Bob

make sure you buy one with 2 fans for better cooling, don't waste your money on superclocked cards unless you are willing to pay the extra price just for a couple extra frames. i own the msi gtx 1070 red and black gaming x version.

i would normally buy gigabyte, i chose msi to match my gaming rig. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125871&cm_re=gigabyte_gtx_1070-_-14-125-871-_-Product

How about the asus turbo one? I thought the blowout type fans were the more sensible design but most manufacturers seem to adopt the simple fan type that throw the heat inside the case too which gets re cycled into the gpu and heat other components as well before system fan flow can blow it all out. Noticed the founders editions also always carry the blow out design. What is the downside of it that most manufactures don't use it (for non overclocked versions too)?

Look at EVGA but decide on warranty length by known name brands! Stay away from undercards despite length of warranty!

Thanks all! 

I have owned EVGA. ASUS, Gigabyte and never had a card failure on either of them. Things can change as we move into the future. There is always a chance that the manufacturer finds a cheaper way to get something done as with many products offered today. I love my 2001 toyota Tundra and it does not use any software to function properly. Can you imagine that? (-:

Thanks again everyone!

Bob