Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

it seems the entry just sets upper limit of texture resolution for vc and actual resolution still varies with global texture setting as before

After skipping the 1st patch and only installing Client for 3.4 I decided to update all components.  Things seemed very crisp when flying of KSFO after the update.

Just a question on Pilots FS Global Ultimate - I received the offer of a discount as a past customer but have not pulled the trigger on the mesh, are you waiting for the DVD's or can you also download ?

I ordered the DVDs direct from PILOT's (with discount) ... I didn't think 80GB download was an option?

Moderators,

Should there not be a warning to SLI users from the beginning of this thread that this hotfix (as released) is NOT compatible with the usage of SLI and renders P3D version 3.4 unusable, as is? 

Keeping such a warning buried somewhere in the middle pages may put SLI users at risk.

I don't think it's necessary to issue that information ... I have however asked LM for clarification about SLI support as it is "new" news to me that they are no longer supporting SLI (never mentioned during testing of HF2 and since I no longer have an SLI setup, wasn't able to test SLI).

What about FSUIPC, version 4.959 is compatible only with hotfix 1?

Not having any issues with it so far.

Cheers, Rob.

Post #62 points out this new lineMAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=X and it appears in [Panels]

Cheers Bob.

Interestingly, I had 4096 set in the Settings panel, yet the cfg showed 1024?

So setting 4096 in the cfg and 1024/2048 in the settings panel should reduce our VAS use for the most part and give us 4096 for the all important panels!

Thanks again.

David

Installed new update and having some issues.  On start up I am getting "Cant Init Simconnect Error".  Also after selecting aircaft and airport it wont load, there is no loading screen and it goes black.  No event error or shut down or CTD.  Any thoughts here?  Thanks in advance.

I ordered the DVDs direct from PILOT's (with discount) ... I didn't think 80GB download was an option?

I don't think it's necessary to issue that information ... I have however asked LM for clarification about SLI support as it is "new" news to me that they are no longer supporting SLI (never mentioned during testing of HF2 and since I no longer have an SLI setup, wasn't able to test SLI).

Not having any issues with it so far.

Cheers, Rob.

I have a clean installation with 2 780 and looking at GPU Z as well as a EVGA precision X it looks to me like both cards are sharing the load with this version. Is there any other way I can test? Frame rates and fluidity are great.

I have the older version running sweet as a nut and think I'll sit with that for the meantime until the news announcement comes out in 2017.

S

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

Worked like a charm.  No problems.  Only add-on of mine not 100% compatible is Flight1's Instant Scenery 3.    Got a nice 60 FPS locked exterior in the PMDG and about 45 FPS in the VC at payware airports.   Saw a good 200 meg improvement at my test airport on spawn in.    Nicely down LM.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I just did the same thing.  I have freemesh but want to have high quality mesh for North America which FM does not have at the moment.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I don't think it's necessary to issue that information

Hi Rob,

Really? After all the palaver we went through to get SLI in the first place? LM seemed to be supporting this move, yet now you appear to be suggesting that they can simply pull the rug without any warning. I hope you are wrong about this as many of us invested in SLI believing that LM would be providing solid, reliable ongoing support. If indeed we are now witnessing a volte-face driven, presumably, by economics then all SLI users become collateral damage or the victims of a friendly fire incident. However, as I said, I do hope you are wrong and, indeed, I sense you are sharing some of my doubts. However, it is really difficult to believe that there were no SLI users on the Beta testing team although the recent evidence suggests that must have been the case.

If LM's road map does include a move away from SLI then surely it's only reasonable for us to expect ample warning to allow plenty time for stabilising our complex installations with an appropriate working driver set along with a stable build of Prepar3D v3.4.x. Not all of us are interested in going down the 64bit route which, effectively, forces a restart from scratch with all the unwelcome associated financial implications.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Rob,

Really? After all the palaver we went through to get SLI in the first place? LM seemed to be supporting this move, yet now you appear to be suggesting that they can simply pull the rug without any warning. I hope you are wrong about this as many of us invested in SLI believing that LM would be providing solid, reliable ongoing support. If indeed we are now witnessing a volte-face driven, presumably, by economics then all SLI users become collateral damage or the victims of a friendly fire incident. However, as I said, I do hope you are wrong and, indeed, I sense you are sharing some of my doubts. However, it is really difficult to believe that there were no SLI users on the Beta testing team although the recent evidence suggests that must have been the case.

If LM's road map does include a move away from SLI then surely it's only reasonable for us to expect ample warning to allow plenty time for stabilising our complex installations with an appropriate working driver set along with a stable build of Prepar3D v3.4.x. Not all of us are interested in going down the 64bit route which, effectively, forces a restart from scratch with all the unwelcome associated financial implications.

Regards,

Mike

I like you Mike, my kind of old world AVSIM guy, acting as if it was not all about yourself and how such a smart donkey you are!  Well at least, some others are still looking out for the welfare of members and warned SLI users in advance.

I really like that for it reminds me of why so many of us hung around AVSIM here in the first place! I tip my hat to you sir! Tom would pat you on your back and offer you a rare and valuable commendation, perhaps even a job!  :hi:

Kindest regards, and Merry Christmas Sir!

Prepar3D v 3.4 Hotfix 2 has been Released and available to Download

Elaine,

Once again, just super, time saving information for the community.

Thanks for all you do, and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I had an issue with FSUIPC after upgrading to hot fix 2. Upgraded FSUIPC to version 4.959, but my p3d now stops loading shortly after the splash screen (I never get to the scenario setup window). It worked the first time I launched, but thereafter it always hangs. Memory usage rapidly grows to around 450 MB and it maxes out one or two cores, but nothing more happens. It can stay like this for hours.

I can disable fsuipc in dll.xml and everything works, so I am pretty sure this is the culprit. I see no messages in the Windows event log, probably because it doesn't crash and I have to kill it manually.

I downgraded to the previous version again and things started working better. Oddly enough, anything that is set up in the ini file to run automatically refuses to run (e.g. ActiveSky), but apart from that all my controls that are assigned through fsuipc seems to work without issue.

As anyone else experienced problems with the latest FSUIPC version?

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

As anyone else experienced problems with the latest FSUIPC version?

I have exactly the same problem!! Disabling FSUIPC in the dll.xml fixes it. This is with a complete fresh install (incl. Windows reinstall).

FYI, it seems that LH Simulations LHBP is no longer compatible with HOTFIX. (crashing with menus.dll error)

Edit: please ignore. It seems it's related to AS16 and LHBP and not the hotfix.

I had an issue with FSUIPC after upgrading to hot fix 2.

There is no problem with FSUIPC 4.959 and P3D HF2

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW