Sign in to follow this  
Flyer Ken

Vancouver+ Vol1 is out

Guest flight78

Looks great ! but ill wait until they get CYVR airport in volume 2.Best regards:Alexander

Cheers for the heads-up on this release. I have purchased, and installed. Looks fantastic from the screenshots.Like the previous poster, I too enjoy flying real world weather and time, and thus having just fired up FS and ActiveSky, I find that sitting at Vancouver Intl, I am in pretty unpleasant conditions! Overcast, low vis, and rain!I guess my first forays around this superb scenery are going to be somewhat limited!Anyway, I am off back into FS to get airborne!Regards,Al.

Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't actually rain all the time here on the Wet Coast. That's a just a story we tell Easterners so they won't all move here. :)

it sure does rain a lot from Northern California up to Canada though

I don't know if it's the same in California, Oregon and Washington as Vancouver, but Vancouver usually has amazing summers, absolutely gorgeous.Also I generalize about Vancouver's climate, but if varies dramatically just within the local area. 100" of rain in the mountains annually, down to 30" in White Rock. I'm not sure FS does well with microclimates like this!Jon

Guest James Banks

....Yep, the Lower Mainland's consistantly nutty weather. North Shore will be socked in and soaked while Tsawwasen and Point Roberts are basking in sunshine.Screenshots look stunning....think I've gotta get this scenery. No turf like home turf, especially as rendered by the masters. Are we lucky or what...??

I find it looks better during the day without UT roads. I find they confict with the roads in V+. BTW beautiful job on Whistler, my favorite place in the world.Dave F

The configuator that comes with Vancouver + actually lets you turn on/off UT for the area. Very handy. Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Hi Guys,Actually, V+1 replaces all UT components except night lights for the area; roads and rails included, with a custom level of detail and accuracy. V+1 roads and rails are modified for the best match to shorelines, rivers and the 19m and 38m mesh.I'd recommend against deselecting UT if you actually have UT installed. I'm not sure the results would be the best.EDIT: and the configurator allows you to turn off minor roads; they are on by default. Personally I prefer the minor roads off as I prefer more autogen in urban areas. Also our we've classified minor roads so that certain roads that would be important to the VFR flyer are still visible when minor roads are de-selected. Examples: many backcountry logging roads, and the road to the Mt. Seymour ski area.Jon

Ah, I see. The configuator asks you to check a box if you have UT installed. Just look at the configuator screen and mark the boxes as it asks if appropriate. :)=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Hi all,it's not easy being a FS landscape developer. As an aircraft designer your final project is a self-contained entity that usually won't have any conflicts with other aircraft. However, with a landscape add-on you invariably find yourself in the company of dozens of existing add-ons and hundreds of possible combinations of those by different users. Quite the challenge! *:-* That's one reason why we decided to include a front-end "configurator" with VancouverPlus. Also, our manual contains a lenghty section about potential compatibility issues with existing add-ons and how to handle them. That manual (in pdf format) is available for download on the product website: http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1559Cheers, Holger

I bought myself a Christmas present.....Vancouver+....... and have been soaking up the vast area of British Columbia contained in this scenery product. Since I live within a 20 minute sim flight to the mainland BC in my Jordan Moore"s Bell 412 I was keen to see how close to the real thing the scenery was. I'd score it at least 11+ out of a score of 10. I opened the Whistler flight and was greeted with a beautiful sunset and a dusting of snow. I always say you only get what you pay for and I think this is a quality production. My $0.02 worth;) Gary

well I decided to purchase this after looking at the 4 videos, wow!Time to learn the area from the air.Looking forward to Vancouver 2