Sign in to follow this  
Sebjo89

PMDG, Flight sim labs or IEXG?

The AF447 crash bothers me, but I think that has less to do with the Airbus' automation and more to do with a lack of proficiency and having a different philosophy in European flight training.

You've got pilots in Europe with 300 hours getting an A320 type rating and applying for a FO seat. And then at that point, it's all button pushing from then on. AF447's captain had 11000 hours but couldn't perform a basic stall recovery.

It may seem like American arrogance, but there's something to be said for the fact that you aren't touching a Boeing or Airbus in the US without at least 3500 hours. And 1500 hours of that most likely came in a piston aircraft, that's lucky to have a wing leveler, instructing, flying freight, pipelines, etc. and honing stick and rudder skills every flight for years.

As a pilot, there are times I wished I was in Europe because it's easier to get into jets, but I respect just how hard it is for American pilots to get there and the extra experience is valuable in the end.

99.9+% of the time, all that automation is going to work. What happens when it fails is the ultimate test.

With all that said, in P3D/XP I prefer the Boeings for the reasons already stated.

• Upvote 1

That's not the only crash air France have had. Each of their recents crashes have been because of crap CRM and not following basic procedures. It's a French mentality thing, they just do what they want as they are French. They couldn't even be bothered to look at the high sig charts for the weather when they came back from Brazil,all the other operators did and look took a way around the weather that was all over the charts, but oh not the French. It's a French thing, trust me

Oh and pmdg or fsl... Pmdg it's worth more buck for buck

14ppkc-6.png

That's not the only crash air France have had. Each of their recents crashes have been because of crap CRM and not following basic procedures. It's a French mentality thing, they just do what they want as they are French. They couldn't even be bothered to look at the high sig charts for the weather when they came back from Brazil,all the other operators did and look took a way around the weather that was all over the charts, but oh not the French. It's a French thing, trust me

Oh and pmdg or fsl... Pmdg it's worth more buck for buck

I know what your're talking about but you're so funny  :P

Dirk

Hi

Does anyone know if the FSLabs Airbus uses and external flight model similar to the Majestic Q400?

Thanks

Csaba

All the rich old people on here: "Buy EM ALL!! Why not!??!? It's only like $400,000"

Weird thread, back from the dead. Lots of talk about VAS - I'm getting nostalgic just reading this...

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 2/2/2017 at 5:52 AM, Chock said:

Presumably they're going to operate their simulated A320 in a manner similar to how the airlines most often tend to operate the real thing. To do otherwise would be a bit like buying a dishwasher and then doing all your washing up by hand.

I didn't see this thread the first time around, but this really made me laugh! Nice one Alan! :laugh:

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

On 1/29/2017 at 8:55 AM, Sebjo89 said:

Hi,

I need your help deciding.

At the moment I both have FSX Steam Edition and Xplane 10/11 (My main sim). Might buy Prepar3d soon.

What I wonder is the which aircraft is "best," or top of the list between PMDGs 737/777, FSL A320 X or IEXG 737. These are among the most advanced and well developed as you already know.

My options:

1. Buy A320-X for FSX Steam edition and just fly, wait for Prepar3d V4 to release and buy upgrade A320-X for P3D.

2. Buy PMDGs 737 for FSX Steam edition and just fly.

3. Buy PMDGs 777 for FSX and just fly.

4. Buy IEXG 737 Classic for X-plane 10/11 and just fly.

5. Wait for PMDG to port their aircrafts for X-plane 11.

Sebastian Björk

Flight Factors A320 for XP11 should be coming out shortly and it is an ultra realistic sim of the A320 plus it will probably be 2/3 the cost of FSLabs offering for P3Dv4. I'd wait for the FF.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Locking this necroposted old thread, given that much has changed since the original discussion and that the OP's question was thoroughly discussed way back when.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case