urgeflaske

Running away..

Recommended Posts

Hi,

When turning on the engine the plane starts rolling. Even with the throttle at idle and parking brake set. Yoke is set up with FSUIPC. Always had this problem with Carenados prop planes, never with other companies. Anyone know a solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In addition to that try to open the condition lever as little as possible (2-5%) during start to reduce the fuel flow and hence the gross torque overshoot during engine start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e.g. for some reason i can't get my hardware throttle to from 0% to 100% in FSX only from 1% to 99% which does make a difference. Especially in the start up case.

No  such problem in P3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, urgeflaske said:

Hi,

When turning on the engine the plane starts rolling. Even with the throttle at idle and parking brake set. Yoke is set up with FSUIPC. Always had this problem with Carenados prop planes, never with other companies. Anyone know a solution?

I've found that Version 2 of the PC-12 is a bit better with the start-up torque. But yeah, pretty much just crack the condition lever to avoid the rolling start. I typically go to about 5% (if  you have tool tips enable) and then I'll adjust to 30-40% for taxi and then the 100% when on the runway.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to bring back a necro, but the only way I've found to combat this is to pop it into beta for a second or two right as it starts up, then to idle.  Nothing else seems to get it to do anything but take me on a half mile ride at 35 knots with the parking brakes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problem with the parking brake. Despite setting it with CTRL+Period it doesn't engage the brake lever on the centre console. It should.

This means the brake needs to be set on the aircraft itself despite me having GoFlight modules with a switch specifically for the P/B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The parking brake handle is next to your left knee..

Left knee? Left of the pilot? What's that to the right of the pilot on the centre console?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Left knee? Left of the pilot? What's that to the right of the pilot on the centre console?

depends on  where your  sitting :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

depends on  where your  sitting :)

Doesn't the pilot usually occupy the left-hand seat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Doesn't the pilot usually occupy the left-hand seat?

Depends on how much he's had to drink the night before.  

Yes, you are correct, usually the left seat.  Helicopters are different though, wonder why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HUSSAR said:

 

Yes, you are correct, usually the left seat.  Helicopters are different though, wonder why? 

Because helicopters are not airplanes, they are different.  Airplanes fly, helicopters just beat the air into submission, so the cockpit arrangement is backwards, just to remind you that it is not an airplane. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The parking brake handle is next to your left knee..

My mistake. I've now found the p/b and it does indeed respond to CTRL+Period. So what is that lever with a red cap on the extreme left of the centre console? It's marked Manual Override.

Still investigating the ADF issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The manual override lever controls engine power in case of a engine fuel control unit or PCL malfunction.

Since these failures aren't modelled the lever doesn't move.

 

Btw, the Alabeo Seminole is one of their best planes and since it has counter rotating propellers it's flying perfectly straight like a jet ;)

Highly recommended.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J35OE said:

The manual override lever controls engine power in case of a engine fuel control unit or PCL malfunction.

Since these failures aren't modelled the lever doesn't move.

 

Btw, the Alabeo Seminole is one of their best planes and since it has counter rotating propellers it's flying perfectly straight like a jet ;)

Highly recommended.

Sorry but the lever does move for me. Full forward and full aft. Perhaps it doesn't control a function but it does move when clicked.

Anyway, I've got a solution to the ADF problem. Updated to the latest GoFlight software and I can now dial in the ADF on the GF166 which gets transferred to the standby ADF frequency. Pressing the double-arrow transfers it to the active ADF.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Seminole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sorry but the lever does move for me. Full forward and full aft. Perhaps it doesn't control a function but it does move when clicked.

Oh, ok. I never clicked it because there wasn't a need to ;)

Btw, the pilots an a real airplane always sits on the left (or in the center) and many airliners like e.g. can be taxied only from the left seat because in most cases the steering tiller is only on the LH side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Oh, ok. I never clicked it because there wasn't a need to ;)

Btw, the pilots an a real airplane always sits on the left (or in the center) and many airliners like e.g. can be taxied only from the left seat because in most cases the steering tiller is only on the LH side.

Agreed. I visit a friend who has a 737 cockpit and feel helpless when sat in the right seat as even my long arms can't reach the tiller. :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now