Camsdad13

Aerosoft Horrible Service

Recommended Posts

It's been over 2 weeks now that I've been trying to access my previous orders off Aerosoft.  They changed their store in February. I've had an account there since 2005. I couldn't log in because they changed the store. I followed directions to retrieve account information and got no response multiple times. Checked spam and junk with no response. Then I emailed them. 4 days later they respond  with a request for more information. I responded immediately and they took another day to respond. So they found my information. I was able to log in. Now it shows I have no orders.... I follow the directions there to find old orders. Guess what no old orders. I mail again within 15 minutes of their previous email. They take another day to respond asking for more information. I respond immediately giving them every email address I had, phone number I had and street address I had. Yep over another day later they respond with the directions to retrieve old orders off their site.... I told them I already did that.....

i just sent them another email 20 minutes after they responded to my last one. How much you want to bet I don't hear from them until next week with another BS email? 

Word of advice stay away from purchasing from Aerosoft.

 

Companies like Flight1, Rex, Simmarket and others respond right away with no issues.  Aerosoft service really is terrible!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

With all due respect, this type of post is not going to help your cause.  I have it on good authority that Aerosoft satff are members here, and while you don't hear much from them, they do read articles like this, especially when the topic is bordering on inflammatory.  My advice to you is to communicate with them through their own forum, and with a level of respect that will command the attention you need.  If you are already communicating through email, then you have their direct attention.  In this day in age, with piracy related issues being a hot topic, they are being careful.  I went through a similar experience with GOG, attempting to access my account with them, which hadn't been accessed in months, but I had deleted an email address that was associated with the account, unbeknownst to me at the time.  It took over a week before I could get access, and that was after providing not only personal information, but order info from the Paypal account I used previously.  They are just trying to confirm your identity and ensure that you are who you say you are so you can access your account and all the orders you placed.

Like I said, complaining here will get you nowhere and inadvertently fire up the community with more negativity.  If you want results, you need to meet them halfway and resolve this calmly and with respect.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Camsdad13 said:

So poor service to you is ok. Thanks Jimm...

Since you asked, I own a few products from Aerosoft, including aircraft, scenery and utlities.  I have never experienced an issue with their services, though I typically, make m\backups of all downloaded products as well as copies of the receipts from them, so when I need to install or reinstall the products, it's never gets to be an issue, however, I have voiced concerns in the past about one product in particular, in the way it performed but I understood later on, that it wasn't technically their fault.

Overall, I personally haven't had experiences like you, but no, I don't stand for poor service either.  Aerosoft, as well as other large online companies have a process in place for their customer service and support, so as long as you follow their steps, exercise patience and provide them with what they need, it should all work out in the end.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

It sure sounds like the original poster followed the procedures and I would be a bit miffed as well given the time and work required by a paying customer... I've followed the saga with IDS Nassau, IDS Sacramento, and IDS Manchester fairly closely - as I was interested in purchasing some of the productsw initially - and quite frankly - I've been a bit surprised at some of Aerosoft's responses to customers - as it does carry their name on the product even if made by a third party...

Regards,

Scott

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Jimm said:

With all due respect, this type of post is not going to help your cause.  I have it on good authority that Aerosoft satff are members here, and while you don't hear much from them, they do read articles like this, especially when the topic is bordering on inflammatory.  My advice to you is to communicate with them through their own forum, and with a level of respect that will command the attention you need.

Thats an odd post IMHO.

Not saying anything else since I have plenty of their products. ;-)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have followed all procedures and even went well above and beyond providing information. My goal In this post is maybe someone higher up at Aerosoft doesn't know the poor service is happening and hopefully help me get the orders I've purchased. 

Those who mentioned having backups, yes I had them. I also moved into a new house. During the move my Saitek yoke, throttles and rudders went missing. My backup drive was also in that box. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 which bricked my computer. I had to reinstall everything. The only company that I've dealt with is a Aerosoft that I've had issues with. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Probably. I don't know the details and what precautions they need to take in cases like this. I have had nothing but GREAT customer service from them and recommend quite the opposite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Raven9000 said:

Probably. I don't know the details and what precautions they need to take in cases like this. I have had nothing but GREAT customer service from them and recommend quite the opposite. 

Happy for you. I can't say the same. 

Share this post


Link to post

You might consider a non abrasive post in the forums under "Talk to the management? Here's your chance..." (I am not saying your post here is incorrect)  I posted there when I had an issue with a new order I couldn't download - at least got some other folks involved.  In my case I requested service via the official storefront service, only to be told to contact aerosoft USA, not them, only to be told by Aerosoft USA I had to use the storefront service.

It all got fixed pretty quick...  I was also told "will make sure you get another product for free to compensate for the mishap" - that hasn't happened, but, it was resolved in just 48 hours over a weekend.

Good Luck.

Joe

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've found Aerosoft support to be pretty good. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to get back to me but they always do. I've also found them very fair.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Camsdad13 said:

It's been over 2 weeks now that I've been trying to access my previous orders off Aerosoft.  They changed their store in February. I've had an account there since 2005. I couldn't log in because they changed the store. I followed directions to retrieve account information and got no response multiple times. Checked spam and junk with no response. Then I emailed them. 4 days later they respond  with a request for more information. I responded immediately and they took another day to respond. So they found my information. I was able to log in. Now it shows I have no orders.... I follow the directions there to find old orders. Guess what no old orders. I mail again within 15 minutes of their previous email. They take another day to respond asking for more information. I respond immediately giving them every email address I had, phone number I had and street address I had. Yep over another day later they respond with the directions to retrieve old orders off their site.... I told them I already did that.....

i just sent them another email 20 minutes after they responded to my last one. How much you want to bet I don't hear from them until next week with another BS email? 

Word of advice stay away from purchasing from Aerosoft.

 

Companies like Flight1, Rex, Simmarket and others respond right away with no issues.  Aerosoft service really is terrible!!!

I dont have a real opinion on Aerosoft except one time i was writing on their forum how much the upcoming A330 is state of the art, and its beautiful compare to another company Airbus addon, and this mod named dave or something like that actually gave me a warning...:biggrin: go figure... since then i dont write there even if i was 100% positive about the nice products.

As for posts like yours in general, i learned recently that its really not going to help with anything especially here. When some simmers have a complete different opinion then yours, they will jump on you and attack just to save the good name of the company or addon THEY love. So trust me save your energy and just handle in other ways. Usually the people who do get hurt like you from companies stay silent and you are left alone to handle tens of cult like believers.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

The op has stated his position and there have been a number of  responses that were unnecessary.

To the OP, your best bet is to continue to work with Aerosoft on this problem. I'm confident that they will help you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.