Sesquashtoo

W10 Creator Update and P3D(x)

Just wanted to mention, that I did a full test of my P3D and FSX installations with this update, and in using the new nVidia WHQL driver: 381.65 had the highest FPS on both sims that historically I got with my system, and smooth animation in both.  So, from a running stand-point, there should be no surprises should you decide to update before the forced push starting April 11.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, ppo said:

Define highest fps on both sims

For my system, with the entire sim maxed out in all features, 42, but I lock it to 33.

33 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

For my system, with the entire sim maxed out in all features, 42, but I lock it to 33.

A information:
Have you been using Game Mode, combining Windows + G keys, and other, worked in P3D full screen mode?
I at the time in Insider Program running 1703 compilation 15063.14, was in Fast Ring but I switched to Release Preview.
Well, I do not use P3D, in X-Plane 11 in full-screen mode Game mode keyboard combinations do not work, only in window mode, in FSX-SE also improvements, keyboard combinations work fully.
Thank you.

João Alfredo

Agreed - certainly a performance bump (with the new OS version + 381.65 driver). 

Interesting thread. Is it this game mode that makes the boost? How is it activated? 381.65 is it SLI and VAS  safe? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

On 4/9/2017 at 11:27 AM, Michael Moe said:

Interesting thread. Is it this game mode that makes the boost? How is it activated? 381.65 is it SLI and VAS  safe? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

I'm very hesitant to move off 376.33 due to the VAS concerns so would love to hear some feedback on that. 

From what I've been reading, Game Mode is a great idea in concept but completely lacks in execution.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:53 AM, Dumont said:

A information:
Have you been using Game Mode, combining Windows + G keys, and other, worked in P3D full screen mode?
I at the time in Insider Program running 1703 compilation 15063.14, was in Fast Ring but I switched to Release Preview.
Well, I do not use P3D, in X-Plane 11 in full-screen mode Game mode keyboard combinations do not work, only in window mode, in FSX-SE also improvements, keyboard combinations work fully.
Thank you.

João Alfredo

Yes, I have been using Windows Mode to fire it up, then going to Full Window. No problems.  I have not seen a whopping increase of any kind, but have not seen a negative impact.  Frankly, I don't think you will see an FPS 'increase'...but rather less stutter or pause, because there are less processes being allowed to parse in the background.  I believe that this is the true intent.  If so, that by itself is a very positive coding effort.

On 10/04/2017 at 8:05 PM, Greggy_D said:

From what I've been reading, Game Mode is a great idea in concept but completely lacks in execution.

Bit like the fsl then

Has any experienced that there pcs now take forever to boot up after this new update.??

25 minutes ago, tooting said:

Has any experienced that there pcs now take forever to boot up after this new update.??

Mine takes a bit longer. BTW, did you get my PM Pete re UT2 ?

thanks mine working ok, Wilbury did you get the link ?

if not pm me again mate 

12 hours ago, tooting said:

thanks mine working ok, Wilbury did you get the link ?

if not pm me again mate 

Sent you a new PM Pete.

Hey guys, good news 4 P3D players.

Just installed new nvidia hotfix drivers 381.78 and time to say "bye OOM" :)

Windows 10 x32

international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/381.78/381.78-desktop-notebook-win10-32bit-international.hf.exe

Windows 10 x64

international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/381.78/381.78-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

In my opinion 4 sure better than 376.33 & 381.65 nvidia drivers

Tested 3 days x64 version and 0 problems.

my rig:

GA Z87X OC

i5 4690k (OC 4.2GHz)

GTX 1070 Gigabyte G1 Gaming

16 GB ram

Windows 10 x64 Creators Update

game settings:

Spoiler

tDYG5d8.png

7lBaQCQ.png

OniGUNh.png

4ir876r.png

iWdRIe5.png

installed add-ons:

- FSUIPC
- Rex 4 texture direct with soft clouds
- FSrealWX Pro
- FTX Global (Europe, global vector)
- FreeMesh X
- Fspassengers
- Aerosoft airbus a321
- PTA (my config)

Hope it help u guys :)

Fly safe!

378.81 in FSX gives me phantom OOM where my VAS is listed as not coming close to 4gb but I get loss of textures then an OOM message anyway.

I've only just gone back to 376.33 and noticed a big improvement in VAS problems.

Has anyone else tried 381.78 with Creators edition etc and can confirm _Patrol 's findings.

Thanks for posting _Patrol

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

378.81 in FSX gives me phantom OOM where my VAS is listed as not coming close to 4gb but I get loss of textures then an OOM message anyway.

That "phantom" OOM is due to P3d and FSX  not being able to find a large enough contiguous  block of address space. As time goes on the free VAS  gets fragmented. 

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That "phantom" OOM is due to P3d and FSX  not being able to find a large enough contiguous  block of address space. As time goes on the free VAS  gets fragmented. 

I do not get the phantom oom using the 376.33 drivers though. so something in all the drivers since is causing my oom. it looks like a vas leak still even in the latest drivers for me.

Yep. I was only pointing out that one could get an OOM error when not close to 4 GB VAS consumed. The 378 drivers and later all have this bug. I doubt nVidia cares much about this as their target software market is consumer video gaming. Games are either  64 bit or are 32 bit and not memory intensive enough to use the entire virtual address space.

381.78 driver has no relation to P3d or FSX. People should read what the release notes are for these drivers.

3 hours ago, sultanofswing said:

381.78 driver has no relation to P3d or FSX. People should read what the release notes are for these drivers.

As I've just written at a simular topic :

Not always developers report a fix referring to an issue caused by an earlier driver. Most developers only report new fixes. As I've never had an OOM I probably will not have it with this new hotfix too.

It seems that mostly people using the PMDG 777 and Orbx Vector are reporting VAS issues. Surely to much detail can cause a VAS issue too. But I have tried with all settings to max ( triple view ) and I am not able to cause a VASW issue. Only my framerate comes down.

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2017 at 4:34 PM, _Patrol said:

Hey guys, good news 4 P3D players.

Just installed new nvidia hotfix drivers 381.78 and time to say "bye OOM" :)

Windows 10 x32

international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/381.78/381.78-desktop-notebook-win10-32bit-international.hf.exe

Windows 10 x64

international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/381.78/381.78-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

I need the Win7 version. Have nVidia abandoned us old guys sticking with the best O/S Microsoft ever made?

Pete

Can people definitely verify if these are better than the. 33 ones. 

Cheers