Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
m4rk

Price tag

14 posts in this topic

I assume that the $2.5 million dollar tag is a joke. But.. I have a hard time clicking yes with that price tag in my cart.

My PMDG updater lead me to purchase this. What is the point of that price?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They do that for every aircraft before it's actually available for purchase. I think the B747-400 v2 was in the neighborhood of $250,000,000.

6 hours ago, m4rk said:

I assume that the $2.5 million dollar tag is a joke.

That's a bargain price compared to the 747V2 intial price! I'd go for it.

The original price came from the original price on this:

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/1357265/1956-douglas-dc-6

...as a joke, since we usually put the product in the cart and Ops Center in advance of release. In order to discourage someone from attempting to purchase, we use a joke price somewhere around the price of a real plane out there somewhere. For those with a keen eye, you may notice that there are some common features in our 6, and the aircraft in the link. That's our study plane.

27 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The original price came from the original price on this:

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/1357265/1956-douglas-dc-6

...as a joke, since we usually put the product in the cart and Ops Center in advance of release. In order to discourage someone from attempting to purchase, we use a joke price somewhere around the price of a real plane out there somewhere. For those with a keen eye, you may notice that there are some common features in our 6, and the aircraft in the link. That's our study plane.

The pictures on that ad alone make me want to buy the DC-6. Looks like a blast to fly.

30 minutes ago, 19dcavscout said:

The pictures on that ad alone make me want to buy the DC-6. Looks like a blast to fly.

The cabin décor is a bit questionable, but it's definitely a pretty plane.

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

The cabin décor is a bit questionable, but it's definitely a pretty plane.

It's just a little too...new in the flight deck, but apart from that it's perfect, can almost smell the old leather and exhaust gas lol.

No electronics wow, at last, so looking forward to getting this, I spent so many years flying mainly at night so this is going to be a real treat.  

of course, I figured it to be a joke. That's a good price... for the real aircraft. If I had the money I would get one.  Its that I am just so freakin' out to get my hands on this, especially in P3D, but couldn't click the "yes" with that number in the checkout/cart.

What would happen if someone actually pressed yes and proceeded to purchase the airplane? Would they end up being able to use the plane?

9 hours ago, Jomoma said:

What would happen if someone actually pressed yes and proceeded to purchase the airplane? Would they end up being able to use the plane?

nope  , unless  you had  2.5  million  to spend  that is:biggrin:

On 5/25/2017 at 0:34 AM, Jomoma said:

Which one - the study airplane in real life or the sim one lol?

Regards

Robert mentioned once they would happily give you the product on their way out the door to Fuji.

If it's worth the price , I am taking it into consideration, provided there is onboard WIFI, LED mood lighting and IFE installed. :-)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0