kevinfirth

Prepar3d website updated

Take a look at the new branding... www.prepar3d.com

EDIT: Seems as though only some of the web assets have been updated so far..?

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I belive that update was from last year when version 3 was introduced.  

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I belive that update was from last year when version 3 was introduced.  

The css formatting has been updated with the new branding on most pages.  The content is still the same for now, but I'd expect that to be updated for v4.

It's about V3.4 ...

I see a lot of guys going crazy about nothing ..

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Lorenzog said:

Will be out before FSW :biggrin:

Then they have to be fast, FSW will be available the day after tomorrow

Long live Site Simulator

I can't remember how they managed the V3 release.  Was it a sudden release or was there more about it before the release date?

The real fun is going to begin  in a couple of days reading about FSW from the early downloaders.  I can't wait....  :blink:  It will provide humorous reading for weeks. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The real fun is going to begin  in a couple of days reading about FSW from the early downloaders.  I can't wait....  :blink:  It will provide humorous reading for weeks. 

Spoken litke a true Avsim fora verteran

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Demious said:

Then they have to be fast, FSW will be available the day after tomorrow

That's early access. Prepar3D v4 may very well be out before the official FSW release :happy:

Remember the shortcut icon for P3D v4 that was spotted on a photo of some developers desktop? I'm sure that shortcut icon was the same colour as the new layout of the P3D website..not blue but greyish....

3 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Remember the shortcut icon for P3D v4 that was spotted on a photo of some developers desktop? I'm sure that shortcut icon was the same colour as the new layout of the P3D website..not blue but greyish....

Correct, that's the reason for the existence of this thread....

• Upvote 1

Finally, V4 is near or something is coming for sure.

Same happened during V3 and V2 releases.

I haven't been here for a while due to the fact I gave up on v3.4 period.  No point wasting time on that release.  But I do like shiny new things.

Lets see what happens

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

It's about V3.4 ...

Arhh man... can't you just let us have this...? :biggrin:

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

It's about V3.4 ...

Arhh man... can't you just let us have this...? 

They should make the product as Prepard4D. :biggrin:

My speculation would be that when you see screenshots posted legitimately by beta testers released from NDA, only then can you expect a release would be imminent. Until then, it's still in a closed beta.

Vic

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

My speculation would be that when you see screenshots posted legitimately by beta testers released from NDA, only then can you expect a release would be imminent. Until then, it's still in a closed beta.

Vic

As far as I remember the first set of screens for V3 was posted literally a week prior to release

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

I can't remember how they managed the V3 release.  Was it a sudden release or was there more about it before the release date?

Yes, it was sudden (dig the archives), but it's not necessary true for upcoming releases. 

The V4 purchase links are live on the site, but you have to change the product ID in the URL to find them. There is a 90day free trial of the pro version which you can legitimately order and it appears in your license list, but there are no download links just yet. 

V2 Wes Bard provided me with the freedom to post Beta screenshots and videos as I was NOT a content provider and hence no product bias.  In V3 onwards Adam Breed tightened up the NDA for all.

V2 was "new" (more significant changes over V1.x series) and less established which is probably why I was given the ok by Wes ... which later on in the V2.x series caused some contention (content providers perhaps thought I was showing a bias -- which I can assure them I have none) with others on the Beta team (aka competitors).  So for V3 onwards, as user/3rd party base grew, there were no exceptions being made for the NDA.

For better or worse I don't know, I suppose you can argue points for and against for either approach (Wes or Adam).  There was certainly some V2.x beta video leverage abuse by a few end users creating some issues for 3rd party content providers, so Adam's approach is probably best for 3rd party content providers.

Cheers, Rob.

• Upvote 3