Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex Kulak

PMDG 737 Update for P3D V4

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Orlaam said:

I would love an update too, but I don't think I'm familiar with the issues you are describing.  I've never had it waver 200 feet above or below MCP altitude.  Unless you have some weather injecting drafts or something, it never happens to me.  I sometimes get odd lines between waypoints, but that is usually a navdata issue.  90% of the time the tracks are accurate and precise.  And the font, I haven't been inside the real NG, but from every picture I've seen it looks the same.  Can you provide a screen shot?

I'm aware of some things under the hood that would be nice to see addressed but overall it's pretty accurate.

Alright, let me explain what I mean with the issues that I have and try to show you some pictures. 

I already have spoken about the LNAV and I did get answers but just for the sake of showing you I will as I really want this to be fixed. So what I am trying to say is that the LNAV obviously in the cruise works wonders, no issues at all but when your executing an SID or STAR it struggles. For example, I will be using EGSS (London Stansted) today to demonstrate some stuff to you about the LNAV problem I encounter.

I'm going to show you the CLN 8R departure to show you some stuff and here is the chart just in case you wanted to see it:29577b3c426d44628295d9c19d913629.pngeab95a7242e743a886448b1daf8cf776.png

And this is how it looks like in the plane once everything is setup and good to go. d1c12d2344094bb0b5d7b628c7449f80.png

I took off PASSING 1300ft I engaged the AP and bugged up to flap speed per usual and im going to keep 208 knots till I do the turn but you can already see that the flight director is telling me to turn left so lets see what happens. ffe657ce892f4bb3a96e8967ae7425f0.png

Now, this is what I am talking about, the plane is turning direct to the way point instead of following the arc. So instead of it following the magenta line and the arc it turns direct to the next way point XIGAR. I've already got an answer for this but I am just showing this for you, the answer I got was saying the FMC code needs to get reworked on because simply its old. If you're going to say its NAVDATA issue its not because I tried it with different aircraft and this only happens with PMDG aircraft. Using 1706 Navigraph. 3ff42e590c954486a0c02a273cdef026.png

This just doesn't happen at EGSS, happens to me nearly every single SID STAR that has similar procedures. Bare in mind I have set the weather to clear and don't have active sky open. 

 

Now coming to the VNAV ALT HOLD part I assume its my fault because I think I expect too much, when it goes under 200ft below and above it tends to happen when I am turning so no problems with that. and lastly FMC font its most probably me being picky but it feels like it its different 00c61cebdf0a4b7f9e97991ac387bdd7.png7972da17a1254983a6a72217f455df2a.png

 

 

Lastly, I love this aircraft and without these updates its amazing but hopefully they can do something about this,

Necmi Osman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice explanation.  

I think that some patience and good will to explain some problems will help PMDG guys to improve those masterpieces from time to time.  May be concentrate all bugs into a single forum thread?  Just an idea, dont know if already implemented...

Looking forward for V4 updates....  Im bored now hahaha

 

Happy Flying :gaul:


Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MadBiloThanks for the nice explanation also.

I'm not a pro but could it be struggling because that ARC is drawn based on estimations? I've seen a real picture of another vendor where the real ND displayed some weird stuff in real life...

IMHO, if the plane "cuts the corner" to the next WP due to lesser speed, well, it's not nice but I can live with that. Also the FONT issue would be no blocking point for me since most of us have never seen a real FMGC. Again, if the plane would resamble the real thing, it would be much better.

What I don't like is when "normal" functions don't work or even crash your sim. Such a function is, as stated many times now, the TOGA function when you actualy have to do a GA. In FSX hitting the clickspot equals to a CTD after a short period of time (have no idea if it's the same in P3D that's why I originaly asked if the 2 versions are the same and the bug is present in both of them). If you forget about this bug and press it, you can say goodbye to the hours you just spent getting to your destination. Of course you can do a manual GA but it's a workarond for a broken function.

 

I realy love this plane and would also like to see it ported over to v4 (but I will have to reconsider my purchase since I currently only have the FSX version) if at least those major bugs don't get fixed. I haven't had any other issues with it and would realy like to enjoy this bird further.

Hope the PMDG guys will not let us kill eachother in discussion and issue some sort of statement so we know what to expect. I will grab my popcorn and wait...

 


Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@MadBiloThanks for the nice explanation also.

I'm not a pro but could it be struggling because that ARC is drawn based on estimations? I've seen a real picture of another vendor where the real ND displayed some weird stuff in real life...

IMHO, if the plane "cuts the corner" to the next WP due to lesser speed, well, it's not nice but I can live with that. Also the FONT issue would be no blocking point for me since most of us have never seen a real FMGC. Again, if the plane would resamble the real thing, it would be much better.

What I don't like is when "normal" functions don't work or even crash your sim. Such a function is, as stated many times now, the TOGA function when you actualy have to do a GA. In FSX hitting the clickspot equals to a CTD after a short period of time (have no idea if it's the same in P3D that's why I originaly asked if the 2 versions are the same and the bug is present in both of them). If you forget about this bug and press it, you can say goodbye to the hours you just spent getting to your destination. Of course you can do a manual GA but it's a workarond for a broken function.

 

I realy love this plane and would also like to see it ported over to v4 (but I will have to reconsider my purchase since I currently only have the FSX version) if at least those major bugs don't get fixed. I haven't had any other issues with it and would realy like to enjoy this bird further.

Hope the PMDG guys will not let us kill eachother in discussion and issue some sort of statement so we know what to expect. I will grab my popcorn and wait...

 

It seems like we're both going to have our popcorn's out for a while because I don't think it they will read this but we can only hope I assume. 

Anyways, i'm exactly like you. I can live with all of the things I listed but for me personally it really does take away the immersion from me because as a person that watches a lot of PFD view videos on YouTube and when I try to do the same thing and when I don't get the result that I am trying to get it, it hurts. But, the plane is amazing. The things that I said they could totally forget about it but the issue that you're getting when you hit the TO/GA button is unreal. They seriously need to get a grip with that if that's the same issue with everyone. 

Anyways, as I always do I love the 737 NGX how it is now, but hopefully someone reads this forum and considers updates, patches or bug fixes whatever so that we can just  simply enjoy ourselves and stop discussing about these issues instead come here to share pictures and stories with each other while flying.

Necmi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the cornering turns could be adjusted some, but I think it's within RNP standards, so it's not life or death.  And the fonts, only thing I could see is that the real one is more bold, but that would make is harder to read, especially from a distance in the game.  Kinda moot point really.  I think people could nit-pick a lot with add-ons in general.

That CTD issue is bizarre.  I've used TOGA twice to go around and even pressed the second time for increased thrust at LAS a while back.  My sim didn't crash.


- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Orlaam said:

Perhaps the cornering turns could be adjusted some, but I think it's within RNP standards, so it's not life or death.  And the fonts, only thing I could see is that the real one is more bold, but that would make is harder to read, especially from a distance in the game.  Kinda moot point really.  I think people could nit-pick a lot with add-ons in general.

That CTD issue is bizarre.  I've used TOGA twice to go around and even pressed the second time for increased thrust at LAS a while back.  My sim didn't crash.

Indeed none of these are life or death bugs but I mean when you do spend a lot of money I think its natural to nit-pick add-ons thats what I think anyway. 

Anyways, hopefully it will be stable and that will be fine with me. Thank you,

Necmi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you can see that the GA issue is known:

It might not be the case in P3D, which will be enough for me to purchase the Jetliner for it after it becomes available.


Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They better fix the flight model before anything else. The lack of pitch moment during power changes is kind of annoying. The 747 is much better in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we please get back on topic? I'm watching this thread to know when the V4 update is out not about some LED issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maciekish said:

Can we please get back on topic? I'm watching this thread to know when the V4 update is out not about some LED issues.

This thread was open regarding LED issues so they could update it for V4. I think you have mistaken it. Anyways, I think there's still about 2-3 weeks im not sure but it will be a while since they still need to release 777 then comes the 737.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.6.2017 at 2:02 AM, Marcelo Eduardo Spessatto Ramis said:

OMG!!! I can't wait for P3D v4 update!!! It's taking tooo looongggg.

Me too. I'm already suffering "an cold turkey" :blink::biggrin:


System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, xTroy4EverX said:

Mr Randazzo,

ANY NEWS ON A NEW 737 V3 ???

No post means no news.

Full names in the forum please - first and last.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...