Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Upcoming (and non upcoming) features

Apparently the recording of the recent live interview to Austin Meyer on Facebook got lost, so it will not be available.

However, a guy named Joe Speed who watched the live interview, shared some info in the comments. According to him:

. bug fixes and performance improvements in the very next releases (well, not really a news)

. a new ATC system is in the works and may be coming (in 11.10?)

. there are new aircrafts in the work: F14, A320, Lancair Turboprop

What is NOT coming:

. no plans for rainy and wet runways in the near future (bummer...)

. no seasons anytime soon (not very surprising as well).

Original comment on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/XPlaneOfficial/posts/10154452019141283?comment_id=10154452038766283&reply_comment_id=10154452073021283&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R0"}

• Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I think in previous interviewes Austin implied that first priority would be performance, after that ATC and AI, and later (not this year) seasonal changes

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The ATC system is planned for 11.10 provided it is approved by other people in laminar. Even if it is approved it may or may not make it in 11.10. He showed a working version of ATC in the live feed. It won't have speech recognition. And it will cater to VFR and IFR ....

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this heads-up, murmur.
Well, improvements in X-Plane may be slow, but at least they are constant and, what's most important, real...! 

• Upvote 3

A bit unconvinced about the ATC, if it's similar to what Austin said last time in the previous video about this kind of ATC being GA centered. Something like that, can't remember the exact words atm.

Was  hoping to see the Citation they showed on the aerosoft website also, but there is time for that too i guess!

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

No.. It's not GA centered..And ATC works on VFR and IFR flight plans.i don't think there is GA specific ATC and airline specific one..

IMO even more important than ATC would be a more capable AI aircraft system, but it would probably require a total rewrite so I'm not optimistic to see it soon.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Would be ggggrreat if they could finish up the G1000 so the Cirrus Vision has an actual cockpit hehe.  And there was going to be a Citation 750 maybe??

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10 hours ago, whoispankaj said:

No.. It's not GA centered..And ATC works on VFR and IFR flight plans.i don't think there is GA specific ATC and airline specific one..

In the previous video, again, if i remember well, Austin was talking about how many small airports in the states have no control tower or something like that.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Would be ggggrreat if they could finish up the G1000 so the Cirrus Vision has an actual cockpit hehe.  And there was going to be a Citation 750 maybe??

the g1000 ben mentioned in the devblog some time ago that it might make it to 11.1.  So maybe we are lucky 

14 hours ago, Murmur said:

What is NOT coming:

. no plans for rainy and wet runways in the near future (bummer...)

Yes and no ... :dry:. Just as explanation for those still new to X-Plane. Wet (and also icy runways) are simulated, but not represented in a graphical way, i.e. with reflections etc.).

12 hours ago, barrel_owl said:

Well, improvements in X-Plane may be slow, but at least they are constant and, what's most important, real...! 

Well ... is it really this slow or does it only feel so? On the other hand, FSX (incl. predecessors and P3D as successor) are existing since 45 years, X-Plane since 25 (?) years - and although developed by a small team it's at least on par (partly better, partly not) as P3D.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

12 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

Yes and no ... :dry:. Just as explanation for those still new to X-Plane. Wet (and also icy runways) are simulated, but not represented in a graphical way, i.e. with reflections etc.).

I know, of course we're just talking about visuals, and even FS9 had better visuals for rain, snow, wet runways and snowy runways.

Improved ATC would be great and is sorely needed. Be interesting to see if what Austin mentioned ends up in there, i.e. he commented on the fact that ATC is a bit more 'human' than most sims portray it, i.e. sometimes people readback incorrectly, or respond late, or there may be one transmission which blocks another.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Murmur said:

I know, of course we're just talking about visuals, and even FS9 had better visuals for rain, snow, wet runways and snowy runways.

Of course I know that you know this (if not you, whom else should know? :biggrin:).

But there are people out there, who only believe what they see or are used to. Not long ago (in a German flightsim forum) a real airliner pilot using the "other" :happy: sim was positively surprised about the "wet runway" option as he knows it the other way round from his simulator.

That's why I wrote ...

3 hours ago, uwespeed said:

Just as explanation for those still new to X-Plane.

Cheers ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...