Mr_LoL

Keeping V4 addon Scenery in memory longer?

Hi.

Just wondering now VAS is no longer an issue, there are certain sceneries that if you look away from the terminal ( FlyTampa Amsterdam or LatinVfr Miami) and then look back at the terminal the textures are black and then start loading. This was a VAS saving technique but we don't need it anymore. Any ideas please? I remember a tweak you could add for instant texture loading maybe that might work. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Never had this reloading issue ....

You get it in Flytampa Amsterdam where if you fly away from the airport then look back at the terminal, the airport buildings are black.

I was beta tester for FT Schiphol and have never experienced it.

While testing I also flew with spotplane view.

You could be right with reloading but I have never seen black textures...

4 minutes ago, Mr_LoL said:

You get it in Flytampa Amsterdam where if you fly away from the airport then look back at the terminal, the airport buildings are black.

Yes I get that also. Its redraw timings, there used to be a setting in the prepar3d.cfg file that you could put in to speed it up. Can't remember the line now.

Yeah, I still run into the black buildings phenomenon. I solved this in P3Dv3 with this tweak.

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=30

9 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

Yes I get that also. Its redraw timings, there used to be a setting in the prepar3d.cfg file that you could put in to speed it up. Can't remember the line now.

If you remember please let me know as VAS is no longer an immediate concern. Thanks

Yes, I also use to have this problem in P3D v3, I'm also noticing it in P3D v4 as well, is there a way to stop this from happening, because it really ruins the immersion for me. Now that its finally 64bit, we shouldn't see these problems.

The post above your last, except I used 80 I believe

11 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

Yeah, I still run into the black buildings phenomenon. I solved this in P3Dv3 with this tweak.

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=30

this one

That happens for me with Aerosoft London Heathrow Xtended in P3D v3.3.5. I will be purchasing FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol shortly, so I will check that one out aswell.

Okay so the higher the number means what?

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=XX

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Okay so the higher the number means what?

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=XX

I believe the faster it redraws, but i'm no expert I could be wrong but i used 80 ok in V3

I have this issue big time in DD's New York city.

36 minutes ago, Mr_LoL said:

This was one of the biggest immersion killers for me.  I thought that in V4 this had been eliminated with the increased memory capacity, doing away with the need to drop and reload textures.  Obviously not the case.

• Upvote 2