signmanbob

Must Load Default Aircraft First

Recommended Posts

Why do I seem to have to load a default aircraft before loading the 747?  If I don't, the screens in the VC are all black.

If I load the default aircraft first, everything works fine, but I have never had to load a default aircraft before loading a PMDG aircraft.

 

Thank you,

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Because thats what PMDG have told you that you need to do, in the introduction manual it explains it all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 77west said:

Because thats what PMDG have told you that you need to do, in the introduction manual it explains it all...

Knowing that doesn't really make it any more convenient to have to do every time I load the 747.:happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are saying that you should start a flight with a default aircraft first, then that shouldn't be the case. To avoid confusion I would like to leave this information from the introduction documentation here:

A few notes to keep you from running into trouble:

  •  There is a common misconception that when loading a complex simulation like the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II that you should first load the default Cessna into the simulator, then load the PMDG 747-400 on top of it. This is not a factual conception and in fact we do not recommend the practice at all.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

Knowing that doesn't really make it any more convenient to have to do every time I load the 747.:happy:

your  start up  screen of  your  sim  should  be  the  trike   than  doesnt  matter  what you  load up  next

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

Knowing that doesn't really make it any more convenient to have to do every time I load the 747.:happy:

All you have to do is have a default aircraft as the default flight. Select free flight menu then select the 747. Then load the flight. You do not have to load a flight with a default aircraft then load the 747 over it.

Its really easy, not a problem at all. It's also not unique to 747v3. All PMDG addons have required this procedure to load properly. Most complex addons also require this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might be thinking of a certain Airbus for FSX/P3D that requires you to actually start the sim with the default aircraft, switch the engines off and then select the aircraft which is a faff. PMDG aircraft don't need that. As long as you have default aircraft as the default flight in the initial sim menu, you can select the PMDG aircraft straight from the menu, jump in and go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rondon9898 said:

 

You might be thinking of a certain Airbus for FSX/P3D that requires you to actually start the sim with the default aircraft, switch the engines off and then select the aircraft which is a faff.

 

For what it's worth, said Airbus does not require this in P3D: exactly as with the PMDG 744, all you have to do is ensure you have a default aircraft as your default flight.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

Why do I seem to have to load a default aircraft before loading the 747?  If I don't, the screens in the VC are all black.

If I load the default aircraft first, everything works fine, but I have never had to load a default aircraft before loading a PMDG aircraft.

Because you're running an old version of the 747, and FSUIPC is buggered.

Update your 747.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skelsey said:

For what it's worth, said Airbus does not require this in P3D: exactly as with the PMDG 744, all you have to do is ensure you have a default aircraft as your default flight.

Well given your testing credentials I shall take that as gospel Simon and very useful to know, thank you.

In that case, Bob, just update your 747 through OC, and don't bother starting the sim with default aircraft, just make sure the initial screen loads up with the default aircraft and select from the menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Because you're running an old version of the 747, and FSUIPC is buggered.

Update your 747.

I'll check this Kyle.  I thought I did my updates on everything, but I might have missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Because you're running an old version of the 747, and FSUIPC is buggered.

Update your 747.

Hello Kyle,

I checked and I am running the latest version of the 747 (Installed Version: 3.00.8334) and also the latest version of FSUIPC5, but it still loads with black DUs in the VC.  Pop-ups are working fine and it works fine if I load the default aircraft first.

I can live with it, but I'm just not used to having to do this with a PMDG aircraft and I keep forgetting to load the default aircraft.

 

Thank  you,

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Well given your testing credentials I shall take that as gospel Simon and very useful to know, thank you.

In that case, Bob, just update your 747 through OC, and don't bother starting the sim with default aircraft, just make sure the initial screen loads up with the default aircraft and select from the menu.

Thank you for the suggestion.  My default aircraft to load is the one that is set with P3Dv4 out of the box.  I never change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What default would you actually load? Even though a Carenado is included with V4 I doubt it is a "default", same goes for the Iris F-22. Why should you have to load a competitor's aircraft to load your own. I don't get it.  

Even the Trike was made by some 3rd party so it really makes no sense whatsoever. 

Someone once put out that "defaults" mysteriously initialise  some mysterious simconnect variables that other experienced developers apparently can't or don't know how?

This is a complete load of bollox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slayer said:

This is a complete load of bollox

Then set a complex plane that requires SimConnect as the default and lemme know how that works out for you...

Better yet, code a complex aircraft that depends heavily on SimConnect, and set it as your default, and then let me know how that one works out for you, too. I'll then welcome you to the club of apparent idiots who "don't know how."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now