mpw8679

AI traffic for V4

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,  I am looking for a traffic addon to use in P3D V4.  I currently use MT6a which seems to work fine but the models are horrible looking for the most part.  That is the main reason I am looking for another alternative.  Right now I have WOAI fsx native models installed and they look great, but most of the WOAI stuff is from fs9 and wont work in V4.  I am looking for the best looking models mainly for use with vpilot and vatsim.  So I don't really care about accurate flight plans and all that stuff.  They must be FSX native models.  Any recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Flight1 is working on UltimateTrafficLive it's on alpha/beta release so is not official they called softrelease here a video of someone already tested on V4.

It's not fully compatible but they are working on.

this is the link if you want to buy:http://flight1.100megabyte.com/UltimateTrafficLive.exe

 

The price of UTLive is the same as UT2 ($44.95). You can download one of the coupons below to receive a discount if you are an existing UT2 customer. This is more than a 33% discount off the full version price.

Share this post


Link to post

I am using Ultimate Traffic Live successfully in V4.  It has not been officially released for V4 as of yet.  It is still in an early-access stage so hopefully it will be officially compatible at some point.  You can get it working the same way you probably got your MT6 working.  All of the models are FSX/P3D compliant and the only downside I have found is that some of the liveries are outdated.  A few of the models are not great (CRJ's and ERJ's) but most are very nice.  Being that I was using the AIG flightplans in V3 and have all of those aircraft I was able to replace several of the old liveries. As much as I liked fiddling with AIFP and all the flightplans manually I am finding this to be perfectly suitable and it includes so many airlines I did not have before. I also like that all the logo lights and cabin lights are on when the aircraft are parked at the gate.  That has always been an issue for me as they were always pitch black at the gates at night.  It has a nice interface and you can set traffic limits to help your FPS.  I had MT6 a while back and I do agree, I really did not like the models and the lighting.

Share this post


Link to post

There is a fairly good/long thread on this subject already (AI Traffic V4) from which  you might pick up some knowledge.

I'm using the IVAO MTL without any real issues though a few of the 6800+ models may be made for FS9 thus they will show up as white, but other than that it's been good.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the feedback guys!  Does UT Live use visually more appealing models then UT2?

Share this post


Link to post

From what I have seen and read it's mostly UT2 with a fancier interface. Most of the liveries are not updated apparently and comments i read suggests the AI part is mostly same. For that reason I am sticking with UT2. Don't care about looking at departure boards or viewing AI on a map.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm using UTLive in P3D V4 also, it does work but there are some issues that I believe are being addressed for "official" V4 support with a release "soon".

The commercial models look "ok", the GA models look pretty bad.  I seem to recall a section in UTLive where one could convert their 3rd party aircraft into AI aircraft and include, but not sure it's implemented yet.  I thought UTLive worked by "injecting" (instantiating) AI aircraft objects into the 3D world which is different from the canned schedules you find in other products like UT2 and MyTraffic ... this the part about UTLive that I find appealing.  However, with that said the instantiation logic needs some work as not all parts of the world seem to be covered ... but keep in min UTLive is still in "alpha/beta".  You can read more about it here.  There is also a support forum for users that have already bought into it's development, current word as of June 15th was "almost ready" for P3D V4 official support.

But if using 3rd party models for AI, I would imagine you'll get an FPS hit.  In P3D V3 it was impractical because one would OOM rather quickly, but in V4 that's not a issue provided you have plenty of RAM (and VRAM), however, you'll still need to manage your FPS.

Cheers, Rob.

Share this post


Link to post

I pulled the trigger on UTL this evening.  Since all my flights are on VATSIM, I don't really have a need to run the UTL program, I'm just using the models.

I tested the models under P3DV4 at a very large VATSIM event at San Fransico.  I lost count of how many aircraft were displayed, but they all resolved accurately and looked very good.  No white textured aircraft whatsoever.

I'm running an I7-3770K with all 4 cores locked at 4.5GHz with a GTX960.  Despite running Flightbeam's KSFO-HD (which I don't believe is V4 compiled) and first the upcoming Aerosoft CRJ-900 and then the TFDi B717 and my frame rate ranged were between 24 to 34 fps with my frame rates locked at 45fps in P3DV4.  Not bad at all!

I'm not recommending UTL as I have no experience with other program and I don't use the UTL software.  I'm merely providing the results that I had.

I hope this is helpful to someone.

Best wishes to everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post

If your looking for AI models for VATSIM there is a great package available called vPilot AI.

Share this post


Link to post

FS9 models are no good and Lockheed doesn't want addons dumped into the main program folder. Waiting for a traffic package that complies with V4 SDK. 

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Slayer said:

FS9 models are no good and Lockheed doesn't want addons dumped into the main program folder. Waiting for a traffic package that complies with V4 SDK. 

I have UTL installed which complies with SDK V4. I used the P3D addon manger. No traces of UTL in my P3D installation

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm using UTLive in P3D V4 also, it does work but there are some issues that I believe are being addressed for "official" V4 support with a release "soon".

The commercial models look "ok", the GA models look pretty bad.  I seem to recall a section in UTLive where one could convert their 3rd party aircraft into AI aircraft and include, but not sure it's implemented yet.  I thought UTLive worked by "injecting" (instantiating) AI aircraft objects into the 3D world which is different from the canned schedules you find in other products like UT2 and MyTraffic ... this the part about UTLive that I find appealing.  However, with that said the instantiation logic needs some work as not all parts of the world seem to be covered ... but keep in min UTLive is still in "alpha/beta".  You can read more about it here.  There is also a support forum for users that have already bought into it's development, current word as of June 15th was "almost ready" for P3D V4 official support.

But if using 3rd party models for AI, I would imagine you'll get an FPS hit.  In P3D V3 it was impractical because one would OOM rather quickly, but in V4 that's not a issue provided you have plenty of RAM (and VRAM), however, you'll still need to manage your FPS.

Cheers, Rob.

You could use the title= line in the aircraft.cfg to change to different models and repaints for the poor general aviation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Does UTL have a utility to import UT2 powerpack created schedules available or being planned for release? Since it contains essentially the same models and liveries as UT2 I'd rather migrate my existing powerpack added schedules and additional models/repaints if it allows me to than starting from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

If your looking for AI models for VATSIM there is a great package available called vPilot AI.

Do you have a link? Couldn't find that in the library.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, pilot3033 said:

Do you have a link? Couldn't find that in the library.

Its an external website called vPilot AI. You have to sign up to the forums there, but they have the download files and a ton of user support queries on there. I have the link but am not sure if I can post it on here.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm using JF's Traffic360 with V4. I installed it using Oliver's util, and the models are fine.

There's only one problem I've seen so far - the BAe146 flies around with its doors open and with the stairs deployed....

Regards

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

If your looking for AI models for VATSIM there is a great package available called vPilot AI.

Interesting, I've never heard of that.  Do you have a link?

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BillCusick said:

There's only one problem I've seen so far - the BAe146 flies around with its doors open and with the stairs deployed....

Regards

Bill

That's emulating the real thing, which can do that because it is unlikely to ever make it above any flight level where the cabin would need to be pressurised when carrying any appreciable payload or passengers lol. :laugh:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Interesting, I've never heard of that.  Do you have a link?

 

 

Well, there is a WOAI downloader on vpilot web site that downloads all the WOAI files.  From the installer, you can select all.  Though I have some errors about an myxy read me file missing from a scenery directory.  After that error, it seems to hang and not be doing anything.  I don't seem to have any of the AI flying around (offline vatsim).  It did work ok in p3d v3.

Secondly, there is a vmr generator--though I don't think it's needed anymore, http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html  O wait I see you can use it with psxecon now and maybe lorby?

Share this post


Link to post

Is UT2 the only program that generates flight plans using actual waypoints and airways (albeit outdated - there a way to update the database it uses to generate routes?) vs simply flying direct airport to airport?  Obviously the AI traffic on the ground is part of the immersion and realism factor but it's nice to have a bit of that once at cruise too, seeing multiple aircraft on the same airway with you.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

Link for vPilot AI is: vpilotai.boards.net . It takes a little setting up but achieves the desired outcome very well.

Looks like they still use a lot of fs9 models.  A no go for V4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Looks like they still use a lot of fs9 models.  A no go for V4

Yeah, unfortunately true, thus it's not really compatible for V4/

Thus far I've been very happy with UTL for P3DV4.

 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, braindamage02 said:

Is UT2 the only program that generates flight plans using actual waypoints and airways (albeit outdated - there a way to update the database it uses to generate routes?) vs simply flying direct airport to airport?  Obviously the AI traffic on the ground is part of the immersion and realism factor but it's nice to have a bit of that once at cruise too, seeing multiple aircraft on the same airway with you.

I believe it is using actual airways and at minimum it uses proper SIDS/STARS.  I have seen aircraft lined up and following the STAR in front of me while approaching KSFO.  I also see aircraft passing below me in the opposite direction in cruise right on my airway!  That being said, there is not a separation utility but to be honest I have not seen the clusters of AI that I used to see with other programs/methods. It is definitely done more realistically, especially when you set up at an airport and you don't have 20 AI pushing back at once.:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a list somewhere of what airlines are included in UTL? I do a lot of flying in places like Africa and Central Asia that I've always expected would be black holes for traffic in commercial releases like this. Given the incredible tediousness of compiling my own AI, though, I'd love to be wrong...

James

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now