Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

AI traffic for V4

Thank you Paul.

I'm leaning towards getting UTL but dont have a ton of time customizing AI packages. The MT6 planes look pretty rough. WOuld you suggest a buy?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Hi Guys,

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on UTL however given the advice above on the approx 1300 liveries that are in Daedulas (sp?) I'm curious to know how exactly I can tell whether the current models/paints I've got in my WOAI packages are FS9 or FSX.

I've got most of the WOAI packages and understand some/many of them are FS9 models...but how do I know which ones are FS9 and which ones will display correctly in P3DV4? Is there an automatic tool that can convert them or tell me?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

22 hours ago, Chock said:

That's emulating the real thing, which can do that because it is unlikely to ever make it above any flight level where the cabin would need to be pressurised when carrying any appreciable payload or passengers lol. :laugh:

Good one, Al.

I don't need altitude anyway - I just use it to practice my approaches to London City...my steep

'City' approaches are usually rubbish...I need a long, slow, straight in run. (but I'd fall foul of the City's

Noise Abatement procedures)....:laugh:

Regards

Bill

7 hours ago, paulhand said:

1262 "aircraft repaints assignments" and 1365 "aircraft using generic Daedalus"  

Um, do I read this correctly that only about half of the aircraft in UTL actually have liveries? Not to be churlish, but what exactly are you paying for, then? Finding and installing liveries is something I can do myself without a payware package -- it's just time consuming, as I mentioned...

James

17 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

If a model is not compatible you can replace temporarily using the old title= line

Can you explain a little what this means? It will be a huge pain to recompile all my traffic to remove incompatible models -- but if there's a simpler way to do it...

Thanks,
James

Well I ended getting UT live.  I'm pretty happy with it so far but the GA models are just horrible.  I cant believe they would use those models in this day and age.  Is there another source for fsx native GA models?

Matt Wilson

5 hours ago, honanhal said:

Can you explain a little what this means? It will be a huge pain to recompile all my traffic to remove incompatible models -- but if there's a simpler way to do it...

Thanks,
James

It will be time consuming. The link to updated models: http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=220.0

There are many GA models available to use updated for p3dv4. Replace the old AI models you do not want with the models available on that link. All of the models are freeware available on the avsim library and other websites. UTLive may use more than just the title line in the aircraft.cfg file so after downloading some replacement models move over the entire flightsim. entry for each repaint to the new model aircraft.cfg file. With the old models on the new entries you must change the sim and texture lines to match the new model's .air airfile and texture. folder name. A few hours work and all your GA models in UT will be good quality Cessna, Piper, Gulfstream, etc.

you can convert all the models to native models.  Like a previous poster said the ai alpha forum is your friend nearly all has been done.  Its just takes time. 

Im using ultimate traffic 2 with my updates in p3d v4 using converted models. The only thing I had issues with was camsim 787s.  All the others converted with no issues.

Im loving p3d v4.  A few glitches chaseplane, (liveable) and one with UK2000 EGAA.  Other than that its smooth as silk. 

Ive just done YYZ to YVR to SYD to YVR to YYZ. Over 2 days.  Not one problem.  AI at 100%.  Ive been in this caper since 2001 and This weekends flights with the 777-200 has been amazing.  

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

18 hours ago, honanhal said:

Um, do I read this correctly that only about half of the aircraft in UTL actually have liveries? Not to be churlish, but what exactly are you paying for, then? Finding and installing liveries is something I can do myself without a payware package -- it's just time consuming, as I mentioned...

James

Yep - I think you are reading that correctly. It's what the UTLive app tells you it has although I haven't properly checked this. UTLive is still officially "in beta" so this ratio may improve and what you are still getting is a very easy to set up AI package that injects traffic into the sim properly and is, to a reasonable extent, configurable with your own liveries and schedules. Sure you could find and assign the 1,200 they've already done, but you'd also need to assign schedules and compile these into usable bgls and you'd still have no easy way to manage them in the sim. It all depends how much of your time is worth saving $30 for... personally I think it has plenty of faults and I'm not a huge fan of F1's support but for $30 it's the easiest to use and overall best of the options there is out there for v4 at the moment even though v4 is not "officially supported".

cheers

Paul Hand

17 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

It will be time consuming. The link to updated models: http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=220.0

There are many GA models available to use updated for p3dv4. Replace the old AI models you do not want with the models available on that link. All of the models are freeware available on the avsim library and other websites. UTLive may use more than just the title line in the aircraft.cfg file so after downloading some replacement models move over the entire flightsim. entry for each repaint to the new model aircraft.cfg file. With the old models on the new entries you must change the sim and texture lines to match the new model's .air airfile and texture. folder name. A few hours work and all your GA models in UT will be good quality Cessna, Piper, Gulfstream, etc.

My advice get a group together and work together to change the models.  That's what I did with 2 guys here and we made converted every model going to native models. Took us 3 days. We then used my updates to ut2 and put it into v4 works like a dream.  Most people are lazy and want that magic pill.  Three days with some emailing and teamwork the other 2 guys are legends and we are reaping the benefits of seamless proper ai with proper schedules with optimised textures 

14ppkc-6.png

In the time I have spent using UT Live, I have not seen a single 'Daedalus' repaint.  This has been mostly in the US though at several of the large international airports along with EHAM and LFPG.  I don't think those numbers are correct as I would be seeing many more generic paints if half of the aircraft available had the Daedalus paint :blink:

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

59 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

In the time I have spent using UT Live, I have not seen a single 'Daedalus' repaint. 

This is probably because the daedalus repaints are now off by default in UT Live. You now have to manually turn them on in order to see them (the opposite was true of UT2).

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

1 hour ago, wsmeier said:

This is probably because the daedalus repaints are now off by default in UT Live. You now have to manually turn them on in order to see them (the opposite was true of UT2).

Ah...you are right...that might explain it!!:biggrin:

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

You see if Steve H was here in the forumn he'd be able to answer that. I'm also under the impression some ut2 live models are not native and will cause ctds in v4....  Steve H also wont tell you that either 

14ppkc-6.png

I don't have time for AI repaints (too many other things on my plate), but I agree they need to be done for native P3D V4 and make sure they work with Dynamic Lights and HDR correctly.  I really haven't spent much quality time reading about AI in the SDK other than I know they always round trip or else they will disappear.

I'd love to see someone do AI models native to P3D V4 including correct usage of Nav lights, flaps, gear, landing lights, taxi lights (i.e. make sure they support Dynamic Lights).  I'd pay for them, but I guess there are some royalty and/or copyright issues at play??

My last check UTLive AI models do support DL as I recall just sitting at KDEN watching all the aircraft come and go ... I have MT6 also, but haven't tried to make it work with V4 yet.  I have UT2 also, but don't really like what I have to do to make that work in UT2.

As far as textures loading/unloading both airport and AI, that may change in the future (LM are aware and working on a possible solution) now that we don't have memory restrictions (other than VRAM restrictions).

Cheers, Rob.