1st fltsimguy

Anyone Hear Anything on "Instant Scenery" from Flight1?

Recommended Posts

I spent some time trying to find out what might be happening with regard to Instant Scenery.

Over at SimForums there are several treads unanswered for long periods. Not even a clue if this application is dead in the water. I would have thought by now a simple answer  would have been possible.

Does anyone have any information on this applications status?

Bryan

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have found that the Instant Scenery stuff that I made in v3 works in v4, as long as you import the appropriate libraries through the Scenery Library, so I just press on creating stuff in v3 and then importing it into v4. Whether they will ever update IS to work inside v4, who knows, but at least we can keep using it in the above way.

 

Russ

Share this post


Link to post

Several of us would still like to develop new scenery but get rid of P3D Version 3. Flight One doesn't seem to answer. Shouldn't be that tough but it would require recompiling.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

I have found that the Instant Scenery stuff that I made in v3 works in v4, as long as you import the appropriate libraries through the Scenery Library, so I just press on creating stuff in v3 and then importing it into v4. Whether they will ever update IS to work inside v4, who knows, but at least we can keep using it in the above way.

 

Russ

Yes good point, I still have my P3.4 version as well FSX....although I would like to "clean" my drives at some point.

Share this post


Link to post

Instant Scenery and Instant Object Studio are top notch tools in my book.  Lots of fun to create things.  I hope they port both over.  I'd also like an in-game mesh adjustment tool.

Share this post


Link to post

I placed a topic about IS at their forum but no reply from Flight1.

FsDiscoverer is/was from F1 but hasn't been online since 27 march 2017.

Jim Rhoads is at the forums but does not reply ..

More people have asked but got no reply.

I used IS a lot and luckily all my created scenery shows up in V4. It would be nice to make new scenery..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I kept v3 for VATSIM use, because I like to use the GTN750 when flying online, so I'm covered until they decide to update IS, if they ever do. Might be worth reinstalling v2 or v3 temporarily if you have already ditched them...

 

Russ

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I placed a topic about IS at their forum but no reply from Flight1.

FsDiscoverer is/was from F1 but hasn't been online since 27 march 2017.

Jim Rhoads is at the forums but does not reply ..

More people have asked but got no reply.

I used IS a lot and luckily all my created scenery shows up in V4. It would be nice to make new scenery..

 

 

I saw those posts, and saw that there had been no reaction, whatsoever. Odd in my view because it take seconds to say, yes or no or maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I saw those posts, and saw that there had been no reaction, whatsoever. Odd in my view because it take seconds to say, yes or no or maybe.

I usually tend to think that no response is "probably no" or "way out in the future, maybe".  I do keep a P3D 3.x install on a laptop so I can use it.

Share this post


Link to post

I wish DirectTV would buy out Flight 1. At least then you could call a rep in india and they will lie to you in broken English. We always just smile like good little mushrooms and throw money at them when they come out of the cave a couple times a year. I have always thought the Flight1 consumer interaction was just a hoot!! Yes I throw money too!! Who knows why.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Soeren Jensen said:

Any of you know, if Instant scenery works in P3D 3.4  ?  :cool:

Soeren

If you have the same libraries installed it will.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If you have the same libraries installed it will.

 

GSalden,  Do you have it working in P3Dv4?  

1 hour ago, Soeren Jensen said:

Any of you know, if Instant scenery works in P3D 3.4  ?  :cool:

Soeren

Soeren,  I installed it, but I can't get it work.  I don't think P3Dv4 is reading the .dll file that IS uses.  Just my guess.  So, I uninstalled it, and am using it in FSX, which my FSX .bgl files work just fine in P3Dv4, just as long as I have the same library files installed in P3Dv4 as GSalden stated.

 

SAFE Flyin'

Rod

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Instant Scenery and Instant Object Studio are top notch tools in my book.  Lots of fun to create things.  I hope they port both over.  I'd also like an in-game mesh adjustment tool.

Do you know terrain sculptor? it is for free (suff4fs.com). Very nice tool (although not very easy and self-explaining) to adjust terrain to your liking...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

IS 3 does not work in V4 but the scenery made with it shows up in V4 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now