Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Pilot2ATC vs Pro-ATC X

I have the same. August 2 paid money and nothing in return. I sent a request to the post office, I received an answer that the mail was crowded at the addressee. Ralph Zimerman is not a scam?

26 minutes ago, Sirotin said:

I have the same. August 2 paid money and nothing in return. I sent a request to the post office, I received an answer that the mail was crowded at the addressee. Ralph Zimerman is not a scam?

PayPal will refund if I request.

Just waiting ..........impatiently

While I have your undivided attention, will the format for the files from Live.net work in ProAtc/X ?

17 minutes ago, Sirotin said:

Ralph is def not a scam as I have purchased RealATC from him.  I have several email from him in 2015 and 2016 when I made the purchases.  I hope he is ok.

As for the OP.  It all depends on what your looking for in your ATC.  I've used Vox, ProATC-X and Pilot2ATC.  The first question is do you want to be actually speaking to your 'virtual' controller?  If you do not want to then ProATC-X is probably the best choice.  I haven't used PF3 to know if they have 'buttons' only options.  If you want to speak to the controller that gives you some options.  VOX is voice only as is  P2A, however P2A has a 'say it' feature while having your co-pilot auto reply.  So essentially you can get away with buttons only use even though it was meant for you to speak to it.  

Pro-ATC X

• Moving map features
  • Button control
  • Background chatter
  • SIDs/STARs
  • Supports from startup to shutdown
  • Doesn't control AI from what I remember
  • Can pre-choose your gate (If I remember correctly) while enroute so you can have an idea where you're going when you arrive

VOX (Last version I used was 6.x)

• No moving map
  • All voice control from what I remember (It's been awhile)
  • VERY cool progressive taxi feature.  It would light up the taxi ways you were to take along your route.  Maybe not realistic but extremely helpful - especially not having a moving map!
  • It injects its OWN AI (pulled from your AI addon) - and controls them!  On the ground, in the air, the chatter you here is actually around you and controlled by your controller.

Pilot2ATC

• This is my current ATC of choice, dev is always making improvements
  • Moving map, flight planning and more
  • Mainly voice controlled (works pretty well)
  • Doesn't control AI
  • Supports Xplane and P3D which is useful if your flying both and want to keep a common ATC addon.  I don't believe the other options do.
  • SIDs, Stars, the pilot can request different runways and I believe approaches.
  • Supports VFR from what I understand although I haven't actually tried it for that.
  • Supports background like Pro-ATC.

That covers about what I remember.  If anyone wants to fact-check me on something i forgot or may have been added/removed.  Happy landings!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

2 hours ago, peppy197 said:

I purchased  RealATC almost 2 days ago and although I got an immediate PayPal receipt, I am still waiting for the link

I emailed this first adee given for R Zimmerman from his own site;      it was returned as non-existent (?)

I emailed the second addee given; no reply for the past hour

Anybody know why?

Should I cancel payment?

Ralph has been sick the last few months. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I heard he is not well.  I would stop payment until his health has been determined. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

ok thanks I will request a refund from Paypal with good intentions.

10 hours ago, pegruder said:

Ralph is def not a scam as I have purchased RealATC from him.  I have several email from him in 2015 and 2016 when I made the purchases.  I hope he is ok.

As for the OP.  It all depends on what your looking for in your ATC.  I've used Vox, ProATC-X and Pilot2ATC.  The first question is do you want to be actually speaking to your 'virtual' controller?  If you do not want to then ProATC-X is probably the best choice.  I haven't used PF3 to know if they have 'buttons' only options.  If you want to speak to the controller that gives you some options.  VOX is voice only as is  P2A, however P2A has a 'say it' feature while having your co-pilot auto reply.  So essentially you can get away with buttons only use even though it was meant for you to speak to it.  

Pro-ATC X

• Moving map features
  • Button control
  • Background chatter
  • SIDs/STARs
  • Doesn't control AI from what I remember
  • Can pre-choose your gate (If I remember correctly) while enroute so you can have an idea where you're going when you arrive

VOX (Last version I used was 6.x)

• No moving map
  • All voice control from what I remember (It's been awhile)
  • VERY cool progressive taxi feature.  It would light up the taxi ways you were to take along your route.  Maybe not realistic but extremely helpful - especially not having a moving map!
  • It injects its OWN AI (pulled from your AI addon) - and controls them!  On the ground, in the air, the chatter you here is actually around you and controlled by your controller.

Pilot2ATC

• This is my current ATC of choice, dev is always making improvements
  • Moving map, flight planning and more
  • Mainly voice controlled (works pretty well)
  • Doesn't control AI
  • Supports Xplane and P3D which is useful if your flying both and want to keep a common ATC addon.  I don't believe the other options do.
  • SIDs, Stars, the pilot can request different runways and I believe approaches.
  • Supports VFR from what I understand although I haven't actually tried it for that.
  • Supports background like Pro-ATC.

That covers about what I remember.  If anyone wants to fact-check me on something i forgot or may have been added/removed.  Happy landings!

Sums it up pretty well.  VOX and Pilot2ATC has a demo. 

I'm curious how Pilot2ATC is doing lately.  I've tried the demo about a year ago  but had some issues...CTDs, ATC forgetting about me, etc.  I'd hope those issues would be worked out?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

On 2.8.2017 at 9:39 AM, captain420 said:

Wish some of these developers can team up or collaborate and come up with 1 good one

Yeah, after using/trying all four of them, that`s what I was also asking myself more than once.

All the talents combined together and voice actors from all over the world just for one ATC addon, so good everyone has to buy it.

Daydreaming ... 😊

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I've tried all and always go back to default after a while as something is always missing.  Now, I'm trying the P3Dv4 version of VoxATC and am liking it so far.  One thing that I have to have is AI recognized and controlled by ATC and it does have that.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

On 8/5/2017 at 1:52 AM, Gregg_Seipp said:

Sums it up pretty well.  VOX and Pilot2ATC has a demo. 

I'm curious how Pilot2ATC is doing lately.  I've tried the demo about a year ago  but had some issues...CTDs, ATC forgetting about me, etc.  I'd hope those issues would be worked out?

I've been using it exclusively.  I don't have any more CTDs *Knocks on wood* in quite some time now.  My common issue is ATC appearing to lose me although this hasn't happened in the last build or two.  My only other complaint that hasn't been nailed down yet is when I enable the virtual co-pilot to respond to atc.  Occasionally P2A tells itself it was garbled and to retransmit or that the readback is wrong.  Nothing that isn't easily corrected via just chiming in yourself.  Between VOX and P2A I've also noticed vox seemed to be a little more forgiving on misspeaking, although it could have just been me,

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Personally I love ProATC/X. I've been using it for about 6 months now. Developer is continuously pushing updates and they have a website, support forum, and facebook page that are all very usefull (the Facebook group usually gets you the fastest responses). If you really put the time in, it can be an amazingly powerful tool. You can customize the background ATC by individual airport and radar sector, and even low/high altitude. It takes hours of work to set it up if you want to get that detailed, but it's AMAZING when you do. I am hearing real KDEN ground communications while I am getting set up and then hear Denver Center, Salt Lake Center, Los Angeles Center, etc. in the background as I go along. Also, my biggest issue with the Pilot2ATC demo is that the controller talks back to you in a computerized voice, whereas ProATC uses real recorded voices and has the option to download and add more voice packs and even create your own.

I very highly recommend it if you are willing to take the time to learn and play with it.

6 hours ago, cleonpack93 said:

You can customize the background ATC by individual airport and radar sector, and even low/high altitude.

How do you do that?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Will have a watch thank you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip