Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP11--just east of the Toronto waterfront...heading to the Thousand Islands.

Left-Click on pic once, then left-click on pic, once more, to bring up to full screen and max viewing detail. Enjoy!

Viewed from 3,500 ft ASL

Cessna_172_SP_79.png

Cessna_172_SP_84.png

Cessna_172_SP_83.png

Cessna_172_SP_88.png

Cessna_172_SP_80.png

Cessna_172_SP_86.png

Cessna_172_SP_100.png

Cessna_172_SP_81.png

Cessna_172_SP_87.png

Cessna_172_SP_102.png

Cessna_172_SP_103.png

Cessna_172_SP_78.png

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, flyingjafo said:

Damn!!! I wish my XPlane 11 could look that awesome!!

Thanks,  I'll sell you my copy...with tweaks, et al, it's a steal at $256,000.00!!!   PM me, if you are interested....:biggrin:

"Seriously, XP11 with all my goodies, and custom ortho...is priceless!"

Love the ortho scenery, but I still prefer it with overlays (default plus my custom W2XP). You should try GB Pro over Ortho4xp.  It looks incredible.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, turnandbank said:

Love the ortho scenery, but I still prefer it with overlays (default plus my custom W2XP). You should try GB Pro over Ortho4xp.  It looks incredible.

The one thing I find distracting though, are the misplaced trees and foliage when having overlays. Also, the overlays hide some of which is actually there in the ortho scenery.  

Of course, as you pointed out, each to their own. Personally, I still like the absolutely true rendering of the real world, and that in my opinion, is what is only in the captured and converted satellite shot.  My mind animates the road traffic that i see in these shots, the cars, transport trucks, etc.  When I run night ops, I still get lights, just none following the highways...but that is ok, and I can always switch over to an overlay flight in minutes, before I take to the air again, if I wish to have overlays engaged. So, the best of both worlds, as one would say! :)

Cheers,

I have flown over GB Pro, and yes, it is very nice. :)

excellent looking scenery-- i'll be down at the thousand islands this weekend hunting for some monster muskies and smallmouth. Someday I'll have the horsepower to have a sim looking like this.

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.

Fantastic.

I'm seeing similar fantasticness with XP11 at the moment - completely in love with it, and sorely neglecting my P3Dv4 installation!!  That'll get some more TLC soon though  ;)   

Learning how to use Ortho4XP was a game changer for me.  It just took me around 1 hour to produce photoscenery for the entire Greek Islands (at ZL17), with overlay, and it looks truly payware-like amazing in sim!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

(Sorry for the double post)

26 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

You should try GB Pro over Ortho4xp.  It looks incredible.

Agreed!    The best photoscenery depiction I've ever seen of the UK.    And completely free! :)

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

37 minutes ago, ZXR-7R said:

excellent looking scenery-- i'll be down at the thousand islands this weekend hunting for some monster muskies and smallmouth. Someday I'll have the horsepower to have a sim looking like this.

Seriously?  Wow...make sure you take the Thousand Island Tour boat, out of Gananoque...and the one taking in the Castle is great too. For that one though, you would need your Canadian or American passport as that island is United States Territory with its own American Customs booth and border agents at the dock...  

Have fun...for the Thousand Islands is our favorite place in Ontario, Canada.

http://www.visit1000islands.com/

https://ganboatline.com/cruises-schedules/sightseeing-cruises/boldt-castle-stopover-cruise/

http://thegreatwaterway.com/pt-activities-await/thousand-islands-playhouse/

If you are going with the better half...you might also want to investigate the Gananoque Thousand Islands Playhouse...great plays...right on the river, with lots of scenes that you view of the play as it is ACTED out of the theater, and you view the action from a spacious balcony.  Lots of fun, there...lots of things to do-----Camping, B&B, marine activities, biking,dining, touring (especially for motorcycles!) 

Catch a big one! Good luck!

Ses

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JYW said:

Fantastic.

I'm seeing similar fantasticness with XP11 at the moment - completely in love with it, and sorely neglecting my P3Dv4 installation!!  That'll get some more TLC soon though  ;)   

Learning how to use Ortho4XP was a game changer for me.  It just took me around 1 hour to produce photoscenery for the entire Greek Islands (at ZL17), with overlay, and it looks truly payware-like amazing in sim!

I agree..the Ortho4XP should come packaged with XP11 as a full companion.  :))))

Ses

When I get back home I am going to start touring the Great Lake, which I have mostly done. I still some tiles todo along the St Lawerance.  I am spoiled now and won't unless othros are beneath my wings.

Great shots.

What have notice is the detail of the island that you just don't get on default or most add on scenery.

Bob

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The one thing I find distracting though, are the mis-placed trees and foliage when having overlays

Yep, the misplaced forests and trees are the biggest issue alright. Hopefully Tony can tweak and release his solution soon. I'd be willing to pay for that one - hint, hint. 

For now, I reduce the draw distance for forests by editing the settings file which helps a bit. I also use a custom config for W2XP which helps improve the accuracy of woods in some locations and, places many industrial and commercial buildings accurately - much better than the random commercial and industrial autogen which does cover up the real thing. I do use default autogen for the residential areas. Overall, I find that the best combination. 

Ortho4XP is exceptional in some areas, good in others, and unuseable in many.  It all depends on the quality of Orthophotos and OSM data for overlays. I've filled a 5TB drive with tiles from areas I like to explore and now I have enough realisitic scenery to explore for the rest of my days :biggrin:.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2