Sign in to follow this  
dandan87

Ops Center Not Updating Properly

Howdy

I've recently upgraded to P3D v4, so I uninstalled aircraft in the following order

NGX Expansion Pack

NGX Base Pack.

777 Expansion Pack
777 Base Pack

747 Base Pack.

I then installed the NGX Base Pack, Expansion Pack in v3 and v4 and tested it in the sim and was operating ok. 
Same for 777 Base + Expansion and 747 Base Pack for both v3 and v4.

However, the Operations Center would not recognise that the 737 and 777 were installed in both v3 and v4, but it knew that the 747 had been.

I have tried to update the Operations Center but it keeps coming up with "Product Module 737NGX P4D.dll has failed to download after 3 attempts, please try again" 

Trying again it will generally vary between 737NGX P4D.DLL, 737NG XSE.DLL or 737NGX.DLL as failing to download. Nothing to do with the 777

The last time the Ops Center appears to have been updated was 30th May 2017

I have hesitated to do anything re: updating any PMDG products via the Ops Center since v4 came out just in case it messed up anything in v3, could the fact that I have neglected this have caused this problem? If so, how can I fix this?

Also note I have tried doing the update with my Avast antivirus disabled but to no avail. 

Thanks in advance
Dan Pawley

If I recall correctly, this might be a server side issue with Amazon's distribution network. I'd try again in a couple of hours and see if it works then. 

Something is blocking your connection to the server. 

Once each install is completed, the operations centre should run and update as required. Allow it to do this, don't just ignore and close it.

Also make sure you have the latest installers.

I've been mentioning this problem, I've been trying to download it from here in the US.

-Angelo Busato

As per the first reply, I've opened a support ticket w/ PMDG as it varies now between not being able to download the 737 or 747 DLLs (the 747's have all downloaded correctly previously)

I left it a few hours just in case it was a server problem but that doesn't appear to be the case. 

Cheers anyways guys

Dan Pawley

Same here!

Tried running the Ops Cente Updater on two different PC's. Deactivated Antivirus and Firewall as well...

Yes also having the issue, running with admin rights, deactivated anti-virus, etc.   Getting stuck on different files each time, and it is able to pull some of them down so it isn't a connection problem, it almost behaves as if the source server is overwhelmed.  I'll try again early next week, all the planes seem perfectly functional.

Mark Trainer

I am having the same issue, changelog.txt will not download and hence I cannot install the operations center.  I have deactivated all anti virus and my firewall but the same issue persists.  I guess I will submit a ticket.

-- Dan Scott

Dan Scott

Same issue here.  Ive been trying all day. Submitted a ticket as well.

Tried AV and Firewall off. I'm stuck in changelog.txt download failed 3 times....

I'm in Mexico.

Isi Attie

I can't install operation center update 2 days now ..I got same window message: [" Settings.dat " has failed to download after 3 attempts. Please try again.]

I had not used the operations center for awhile and saw a notification for an update this evening and also get the same error message when it attempts a download. 

Gary Stewart

just  got  the update message  myself   to update  the oc, had  no issues  so maybe  the issues   has  been  resolved  so try  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg