VFRHawk

Looking for recommendations for Palma Majorca airport

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Could anyone recommend a could payware addon for LEPA?  I've just joined a VA that's based out of there, so it'd be nice to have a top notch version of the airport.

Must be v4 compatible.

Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

14 minutes ago, VFRHawk said:

Hi,

 

Could anyone recommend a could payware addon for LEPA?  I've just joined a VA that's based out of there, so it'd be nice to have a top notch version of the airport.

Must be v4 compatible.

Graham

Aerosoft LEPA Evolution (another upgrade) is upgraded to V4 and working just fine

 

Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post

+1.

In my opinion AS Mallorca Evolution is THE BEST scenery currently on the market for LEPA. And you get the whole island covered by photo scenery, which is very immersive.

Share this post


Link to post

You think so? I was in Mallorca for a 10d trip last summer and got myself a copy of LEPA when back at home and I have to say that the photo scenery is far away from reality. First, the photo is outdated and this is immediately visible, then the autogen coverage was never adapted, means it is very sparse even using highest possible settings (it is an old FSX scenery...), the colours are a little bit too brownish, even for summer. The airport itself is nice, I agree, a nice rendition of LEPA, but the rest? I once deactivated the photo ground (a how-to is available in the Aerosoft support forum) and honestly, the island rendered only by FTX Vector and FTX Global looks better than the photo ground stuff. But that's a personal opinion, of course...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the recommendations, bought and about to download.

I'll go find how to de-activate the rest of the Island's coverage whilst it's downloading. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AnkH said:

 I once deactivated the photo ground (a how-to is available in the Aerosoft support forum) and honestly, the island rendered only by FTX Vector and FTX Global looks better than the photo ground stuff. But that's a personal opinion, of course...

Interesting , never thought about that solution.

I also have OPENLC EU,Vector and Global .

 

Maybe you can help making the guide ?

 

Thanks

Michael Moe

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Interesting , never thought about that solution.

I also have OPENLC EU,Vector and Global .

 

Maybe you can help making the guide ?

 

Thanks

Michael Moe

 

Straight out of the .pdf coming with the scenery:

"Some users asked if they could use the airports without using the photographic island textures. Well now it is possible, but we don´t recommend it.

If you want to remove the island´s textures, you have to remove the following files from /LEPA_FSX_EVO_TERRAIN/SCENERY:

cvxEXCLUDEMALLORCAROADSUT.bgl, cvxEXCLUDEMALLORCASTREAMSUT.bgl, cvxLEPA_EXCL_SHORE.bgl, cvxLEPA_WASSER_ALL.bgl, cvxLEPA_WASSER_ALL2.bgl, cvxLEPA_WASSER_ALL3.bgl, cvxLEPA_WASSER_ALL4.bgl, mallemitte.bgl, mallenord.bgl, mallesouth.bgl

At /LEPA_FSX_EVO_TERRAIN/TEXTURE remove all *.agn files. The aerials of the airports will remain, but they will not have any seasonal textures."

Share this post


Link to post

thanks i was wondering how to deactivate photo scenery as well, any photoscenery i've tried in p3d v4 looks like a blurry mess, so i prefer to have the orbx textures and autogen instead.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

+1.

In my opinion AS Mallorca Evolution is THE BEST scenery currently on the market for LEPA. And you get the whole island covered by photo scenery, which is very immersive.

Agreed.  Get a few  more people to say that and  flytampa, orbx, justsim and taxi2gate will have a go at making it too

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, captain420 said:

thanks i was wondering how to deactivate photo scenery as well, any photoscenery i've tried in p3d v4 looks like a blurry mess, so i prefer to have the orbx textures and autogen instead.

That's easy. AS LEPA Evolution comes with two folders: one for the airport, and one for photo scenery. Just deactivate LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN in the scenery library (or manually in the scenery.cfg).

If you are not happy with the particular photo scenery, you can also try an alternative one for the Balearic Islands: http://deckard.uv.es/index.php?dir=SPAIN_PHOTOSCENERY%2F

Unfortunately, V4 has an issue with blurries and photo sceneries, but I really really hope that LM has found the cause and can fix it in v4.1.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

That's easy. AS LEPA Evolution comes with two folders: one for the airport, and one for photo scenery. Just deactivate LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN in the scenery library (or manually in the scenery.cfg).

 

I tried that in v3.35 and it takes out some of the airport scenery if you do that.  

Share this post


Link to post

Guys, in the manual coming with the scenery, there is the precise workflow described how to deactivate the photoscenery, as I copy pasted above. Deactivating the whole LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN entry is certainly NOT the way to go...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't read this thread, but if you haven't bought AS Mallorca yet, it's on sale today. With this silly new ruling I can't link you to it, but it's in the Aersoft shop, you'll find it with a quick Google search.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, VFRHawk said:

Typical, I bought it yesterday!

That normally happens to me, except yestrday, FSDT had a 24hour 50% off for Umberto's birthday and got KCLT for half price.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now