ukplane1

Carenado Saab 340 (S340) ?

Which one are you looking forward to the most?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you looking forward to the most?

• Carenado Fokker 50
    • Carenado S340

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

We have many planes that we would like to see in flight sim but developers ( and rightly so ) normally say the product is not economically viable.

Carenado haven't even released their Fokker 50 yet but are moving onto another plane the Saab 340.

Doubt i've ever seen a Saab 340 ( RW ) nevertheless as long as they can improve on other stuff apart from their stunning visuals then this product should be good at the very least.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Neither.  Not until they start producing aircraft where the avionics and systems actually function correctly.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

Neither.  Not until they start producing aircraft where the avionics and systems actually function correctly.

What's the benchmark? 

PMDG 737?

It looks great but after flying the B1900D for a couple of years i can't help but feel a bit dissapointed with the systems depth, is there a good version of the Saab currently available?

Saab 340 is one of my favorite commuter planes.  Flown on one many, many times.  Great sound and wonderful flying characteristics.  I look forward to that plane for Prepar3dv4

Stan

• Upvote 1

The higher level in design of aircrafts in fsx and p3d is coming with the production of Carenado and I enjoy their's models a lot.

Some one have bugs but other great producters have problems too. Never a Carenado aircraft come back to mine hangard to forget it... for problems

This a long time that I'm wainting for the S340 in mine sky.

Art is difficult, critic is easy...

mark 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dazkent said:

is there a good version of the Saab currently available?

Only a study-level one for xPlane.  No idea about fax/p3d.

Great another pretty plane with inaccurate systems, flight modeling, sounds, and full of obvious bugs when released.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Great another pretty plane with inaccurate systems, flight modeling, sounds, and full of obvious bugs when released.

What's not to like? :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

My favorite is the SAAB 2000... but... I suppose this will not be done at an acceptable level. The same for the the 340.

22 minutes ago, Dazkent said:

but after flying the B1900D for a couple of years i can't help but feel a bit dissapointed with the systems depth

That is an understatement, right? :laugh:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, OneWhoKnocks53 said:

Only a study-level one for xPlane.  No idea about fax/p3d.

The only one for P3D I know about is the Virtualcol one, which is hardly a study sim, however, at least Virtualcol are completely up front about what their products are and who they are aimed at:

https://www.virtualcol.com/products.php?kcmdlnk=productoinfo&id_prod=91&idmenu=1

2 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

That is an understatement, right? :laugh:

Haha I was tryng to be kind, on the plus point I learned how to fly it pretty quickly :laugh:

4 hours ago, Dazkent said:

It looks great but after flying the B1900D for a couple of years i can't help but feel a bit dissapointed with the systems depth, is there a good version of the Saab currently available?

Never mind deep systems, I'd be happy if it could just track an ils properly.

Saab has provided services and solutions for Navigation & Landing systems since 1982.

ILS (Instrument Landing System), incl LLZ, GP, MKR

DME (Distance Measuring Equipment)

NDB (Non Directional Beacon)

DVOR (Doppler VHF Omni Directional Range)

VDF / DFS (Direction Finders)

TACAN (Tactical Air Navigation system)

GPS (Global Positioning System) incl. PBN solutions

the choice of Carenado... Nobody know ;-))

Oh god, I think I just had a heart attack. A Carenado Saab 340?? The Saab is my favorite plane. I spent my childhood flying on/seeing those things. I know that Carenado's systems are 'lacking' to say the least, but few would deny that their visual modeling is among the best in the business. I'll absolutely be picking this thing up the minute it's released, for both P3D and (hopefully) XP11 later on. Can't wait to have 2 Saabs to fly: the LES for systems when I have the time for 'serious' flying, and the Carenado for casual flights where I can drool over the photorealistic internal and external modeling. And you can all look forward to this livery, which I will paint the second I get the paintkit on my hard drive :cool:

53019.jpg

A version of fokker is on the market in version 100/200... for p3d. 

But none saab340 or 2000 of good level... in xp the model have success because this a important actor in alaska and nordic regions... I have the saab in xp, I hope it in p3dv4...

Glade there a saab 340 coming! we should be happy that somethings coming out rare to see these aircraft being developed. 

Great Looking Model, PLEASE Carenado spend time on the systems and FDE.

Based on previous experience I'm not pulling the trigger unless there is positive feedback in both areas. If it's just another pretty face I'll pass; period!

Here's hoping this release will usher in a change.

7 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Great Looking Model, PLEASE Carenado spend time on the systems and FDE.

Here's hoping this release will usher in a change.

Yup, exactly. Prolific they may be, but I hope they'll note that selling something before the bugs have been ironed out, ignoring all the complaints which flood in because of it, from paying customers, and then maybe eventually getting round to a patch, or not, quite often simply leaving up to end users to sort it out for themselves might be their idea of beta testing, but eventually people get wise to that and vote with their wallets. :biggrin:

I'm glad to see them having a stab at the SAAB of course, but they ought to sort out some of their existing catalogue as a priority; you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know the people awaiting that customer service will hardly be inclined to buy more stuff from you if you ignore them.