Sign in to follow this  
Cyrex1984

X-Plane 11.10 Beta

On 10/16/2017 at 6:11 PM, strider1 said:

X-Plane snail pace of development is frustrating at times but it is what is, and we are just going along for the ride. When you buy a product you typically buy AS IS. I think Laminar is pretty generous with their product updates. They could charge for all of these new feature updates. We got new landmarks, with more to come, a new C172 with a G1000 and a bunch of stuff under the hood that will make the sim even better over time ! It's a long term project.  

The draw distance of lights is still not fixed nor is it broken. They could increase the draw distance of the lights but that will kill your FPS since the lights are part of autogen. Its a design limit and will be looked at when they move over to the new Vulcan API.

Xplane will probably never be perfect. If you think you could do a better job then open shop and start programming ! Or get a PPL and plane and start flying !

Cheers.....

I'm an instrument rated pilot with a lots of hours including Citation Jet training. Thanks for the advice. Also If the problem only FPS wise, why not make a slider to control how much visibility you can draw based on our computer power.  However I agree that it's not broken, but makes LA, vegas, NYC look like some town.

9 hours ago, Evan Banalian said:

I'm an instrument rated pilot with a lots of hours including Citation Jet training. Thanks for the advice. Also If the problem only FPS wise, why not make a slider to control how much visibility you can draw based on our computer power.  However I agree that it's not broken, but makes LA, vegas, NYC look like some town.

I believe there a free  tool where you can adjust multiple settings.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

OMG ..... mother Earth stop shaking, stuttering is almost gone, G1000 too (wonder if it's fully functional ?), this thing looks fantastic, and you guys telling me it is only in Beta phase ...?????  ...    

Things are just getting better & better here .... 

Way to go LR :-)

Cheers      

• Upvote 1

Beta4 brought me more fps and made the sim more smooth then before. 

Anyone else noticed this or is it only a placebo effect?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I can't tell if B4 brought me more frames, I got my sim locked at 1/2 of refresh (30fps), but one thing I can confirm is that stutters are gone, the sense of flying immersion is back, panning is silky smooth, quite enjoyable now.

• Upvote 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Very smooth. No stutters. Frame rates good. FMOD sounds on updated B58 are fabulous. Flight dynamics - really nice to fly. Ground effect seems to be fixed. Gauges seem to be slightly better quality. Really enjoyable to fly. Haven’t tested the C90 or 172 yet.

Cheers

Peter

The C90 has had a big gauge upgrade. I like it a lot.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I wonder if they changed anything to the ground effect. I don’t think so

2 hours ago, CVEP said:

I wonder if they changed anything to the ground effect. I don’t think so

There was a fix for the tendency to suddenly drop to the runway in the last few seconds when landing. This is the logged bug report:

XPD-8060 Bug report: unrealistic pitch down moment in ground effect.

And this is the fix in the release notes:

Refined down-wash model off wings in ground effect.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

..not sure about the Ground-Effect, but I noticed that Water Bodies are covered with Milky Layer ..very weird and annoying too  (-:  

We are working with austin on the ground effect pitching moment, at this point it is uncertain if the new model will make it into 11.10

• Upvote 3

Hi There,

I read there are now 20 custom preset views and I can see that from the joystick settings menu. Does anyone know how to program the other 10 views? 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

1 hour ago, Richdem said:

Hi There,

I read there are now 20 custom preset views and I can see that from the joystick settings menu. Does anyone know how to program the other 10 views? 

Yes, you need to open the settings page -> keyboard -> views -> look for  options "Go to save 3-D cockpit location #11" then to #20. You will probably notice views # -> #10 are already filled with numpad-1 to 10 if you set them already view the numpad.

The "Memorize 3-D cockpit location" keys are what you used to memorize , default CTRL+Numpad-1 etc . For the extra keys you could set that to CTRL+SHIFT+1 -> 0 

9 hours ago, MortenM said:

We are working with austin on the ground effect pitching moment, at this point it is uncertain if the new model will make it into 11.10

What about the weathervaning bug ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar