crosswind

BREAKING NEWS!!! Q400 and Prepar3D v4 Update.

29 posts in this topic

23791137318_9e70cb8971_k.jpg

Attention ALL Majestic Software Q400 Captains, First Officers, and Virtual Airlines:

The wait has been a laborious one for all crew members that were grounded for the past 5 months awaiting their Q400s to become air-worthy for use with Prepar3D v4.  We are pleased to announce that the x64 bit version of the Majestic Software Q400 addon is currently being tested in-house, and should begin beta testing shortly, and the "tentative" release date is now being set for Monday 23rd of October 2017. 

As mentioned in previous updates, there has been a significant amount of work that had to done to resurrect the Q400 for the x64 bit version of Prepar3D, which included replacing a number of functionalities, such as the navigational database engine, 2D panel graphics engine, network and interfacing - to enable them to function and take the full advantage of the x64 bit platform.  Hopefully, the beta testing stage will be fairly straightforward (fingers crossed).

So the question everyone's been curious about: Will there be a cost for the transition to Prepar3D v4?   - Yes, there will be.  Current owners of the PILOT & PRO editions for  FSX/FSX:SE/Prepar3D v3 Q400 PILOT and PRO will be discounted significantly for the Prepar3D v4 transition. The discounts will be provided by the stores where the original purchases were made, or by Just Flight Ltd for the Boxed editions.  

Discount Pricing:  APPLICABLE ONLY TO OWNERS OF THE Q400 PILOT & PRO x32 bit Editions.
PILOT - 14.95 Euros
PRO - 19.95 Euros

New purchases of the MJC Q400 PILOT and PRO Editions for Prepar3D will be the same as the FSX/FSX:SE and Prepar3D v3 editions.

As always, we thank you all for your continued patience and support.

The Majestic Software Team
-kroswynd

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Awesome news and very reasonable upgrade pricing. Thank you. 

Awesome, a fair price for a phenomenal product.  Thanks to all involved for bringing the dash back!

This is excellent news. This is easily my most eagerly anticipated aircraft for P3Dv4. I purchased it just before V4 released when I had no V3 installed so I have been unable to enjoy flying it. I know it’s going to be even better than before. 

6 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Will it be v4.1 ready?

No! What do you think?

28 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Will it be v4.1 ready?

+1

Cheers, Ed

29 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Will it be v4.1 ready?

Yes it will be

34 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

No! What do you think?

What is your problem...ask a reasonable question and because you know everything, you think everyone does! There was no mention of it being v4.1 ready in the post so please, share with us how you knew it is.

Ok....It is not that serious. Our testing is being done with the new P3D 4.1

1 hour ago, JustanotherPilot said:

What is your problem...ask a reasonable question and because you know everything, you think everyone does! There was no mention of it being v4.1 ready in the post so please, share with us how you knew it is.

It was a stupid Q. Sorry!

9 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Don't mind him.  Nobody else does

Good news and as others have said i think a fair price.  I look forward to purchasing and installing my favourite aircraft into P3Dv4