Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 coming October 23 for P3D v4

Awesome update.  Fly's and looks fantastic on my mediocre machine.  Great fps although I have seemed to forgotten how she drops like a rock once you cut the engines on flare and blew my right main tire lol.  I just managed to limp to the gate.  I need to fly her a few more times.

LouP 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Manny Ortiz said:

Login to your account, make sure you pick the right coupon

You OwnCoupon CodeDiscountYou Pay

32-bit Pilot EdMJC832Pilot64Pro40%$53.95

32-bit Pro EdMJC832Pro64Pro73%$23.95 <----------------------------------------- Is the one you own

64-bit Pilot EdMJC864Pilot64Pro66%$30.00

and see what happens.

Manny,  thanks for the info.  I don't know if it's just me, at 73 years old, it could easily be :( but I still do not get any response that includes the discount.  I can wait a little longer.  Thanks again.  Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

@Nyxx As you know the Majestic Q400 flight dynamics run outside of P3D on a NASA JSBSim derived engine, which effectively drags the Q400 around the P3D world. What his means is you can run the flight dynamics at higher than the graphics framerate, in this case it's 125 times per second! However, the controller input from P3D will still be limited to the framerate.

By using 125 Hz controls you bypass the P3D and use DirectInput, which means axis position data is fed to the flight dynamic engine at 2-3x the frame it is normally; the effect is the aircraft flies smoother and responds better to smaller inputs. Some people report if feeling more stable and responsive.

OK Thank you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

i can confirm the upgrade from FSPILOTSHOP has worked

just downloaded and started sim everything ok

jeff storey

3 hours ago, LouP said:

I have seemed to forgotten how she drops like a rock once you cut the engines on flare

I haven't flown the Q400 before. Definitely a harder-than-average first landing for me, right on the numbers but that's not where I was aiming for! As you say, she drops like a rock once you cut the throttles.

Great flight model, great frame rates. The best airliner I've flown so far in v4 for VR, because I can easily hit the minimum 45 FPS required. Well done, Majestic.

• Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just loaded the Pro version up for the first time in 4.1 and wow, I forgot just how gorgeous the Q400 is. Majestic in more ways than one! also, FPS are double what they are in the FSL A320. I really don't know how they do it.

Completely forgot how to operate it though!

Last time I flew her was back in P3D v2 before I took a sim break. I even made a video on it. I'm just watching it now to brush up (oh the irony!)

Majestic even linked to it from their Facebook page, I definitely remember that! Big thanks to crosswind and the Majestic team.

• Upvote 1

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Power stays on until touchdown for Q400 😉

• Upvote 2

She's definitely a beaut! Easily one of the best addons available on any sim platform. It felt wonderful reinstalling her last night. Hoping to get a chance to fly again soon. I hesitate to call many planes "must-haves" but I really feel that way about this one.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GHarrall said:

Power stays on until touchdown for Q400

Great. Next time, perhaps let me know that BEFORE I give the pax a bunch of spinal injuries. 😊

Also - did you guys know it's got a sunroof? QOTS II is a great plane, but it doesn't have a sunroof. In VR, in the q400 you can look around at the scenery (on tiptoes), and at night the stars are pretty cool. never flown a q400 before, so was unaware of this feature. 

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Great. Next time, perhaps let me know that BEFORE I give the pax a bunch of spinal injuries. 😊

Also - did you guys know it's got a sunroof? QOTS II is a great plane, but it doesn't have a sunroof. In VR, in the q400 you can look around at the scenery (on tiptoes), and at night the stars are pretty cool. never flown a q400 before, so was unaware of this feature. 

For excellent tutorials, check out Ben Westons payware training videos :Airline2Sim. Forum here at Avsim

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Looks good in the inside, and I imagine the systems are great. However, did they fix- or change- that horrible fixed/ static / out side spot-view.  Or, is it still the same? That to me just destroyed this add-on. Hated that static spot-view.

10 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

PC Aviator I think had a typo in the coupon code they sent out via automatic email.   I only know this because it didn't work for me either but when i used the one they sent me when i emailed info@pcaviator.com that one worked.  Instead of an 8 they accidently put in a B.  lol

Yes. Solved the problem for me also. 

19 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Looks good in the inside, and I imagine the systems are great. However, did they fix- or change- that horrible fixed/ static / out side spot-view.  Or, is it still the same? That to me just destroyed this add-on. Hated that static spot-view.

It's still present... but "destroyed the addon" ?  There's so much on offer with this stunning aircraft!  Each to their own though of course.   Just a shame you'd miss out on this beauty in P3Dv4.1 because of that.

• Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

3 hours ago, Ebs said:

Last time I flew her was back in P3D v2 before I took a sim break. I even made a video on it. I'm just watching it now to brush up (oh the irony!)

Wow, I didn't know that channel was "you" !! :gaul:    I loved that video, followed it word for word when first familiarizing myself with the Q400.   Great channel - you should make some more again.   Great to hear a Northern accent in a vid like this too!  I live in the North East, where my Canadian accent stands out a mile :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

26 minutes ago, JYW said:

It's still present... but "destroyed the addon" ?  There's so much on offer with this stunning aircraft!  Each to their own though of course.   Just a shame you'd miss out on this beauty in P3Dv4.1 because of that.

I'm sure he was exaggerating somewhat.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's